Pictures of Profile Characters A to Z

Posted by ajax plunkett 
Pictures of Profile Characters A to Z
November 22, 2008 05:10PM
Any chance there will be a push to get Images/ART for all the characters in the Profiles section?

Would be cool to print screen and have character sheets with what the hero or villain looks like. I'm sure there are some obstacles to get this to work. Would dig it if it happens though!
Re: Pictures of Profile Characters A to Z
November 22, 2008 07:26PM
My response to this question is located here:

[www.classicmarvel.com]

There's just no way Skycutter can afford to do more with the website until Aunt Petunia turns over the domain name.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
January 18, 2009 06:49PM
TLD,

that really doesn't make sense. What does having the domain name have to do with adding in much needed character pics?

I have a real easy fix he can do at home in his spare time. It's called Adobe Contribute. Relatively inexpensive, Able to be obtained anywhere, he can do it himself and save all that money he complains about it costing to update the site. If a chimp like me can use the program it shouldn't be to hard for him to.

This isn't a business, it's a hobby. hobbies are supposed to be fun.

So lets all cut out the bull sh*t, stop fighting, and have "so much frickin fun we'll need plastic surgeons to remove the smiles from our faces" to para-phrase Clark W. Griswold.

"No where to hide, no place to run. Your village will burn like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 18, 2009 07:13PM
Sidious,

> that really doesn't make sense. What does having
> the domain name have to do with adding in much
> needed character pics?

My understanding is that it has to do with the money it costs Skycutter to make changes to the site, due to damage to the coding. You'll have to forgive me for not having a better answer than that, since I know nothing about what's going on backstage in this thing. Quite frankly, the code being that damaged doesn't make much sense to me either, but I know Skycutter wants to work on those parts of the site, and has apparently been unable to on his own, hence the presence of TransEffect.

Maybe even Kevin could drop a line on you guys and explain the problem in technical terms.

> I have a real easy fix he can do at home in his
> spare time. It's called Adobe Contribute.
> Relatively inexpensive, Able to be obtained
> anywhere, he can do it himself and save all that
> money he complains about it costing to update the
> site. If a chimp like me can use the program it
> shouldn't be to hard for him to.

Ah, well that's the thing. I'm sure if it was a simple fix, Skycutter would have already done it. Must be something more jacked up.

Honestly, I know next to nothing about internet code, so I'm of no help in explaining the situation. If you'd like to aid 'Cutter in the process, or offer advice, I suggest shooting him a private message.

> This isn't a business, it's a hobby. hobbies are supposed to be fun.

I'm having fun.

> So lets all cut out the bull sh*t, stop fighting,
> and have "so much frickin fun we'll need plastic
> surgeons to remove the smiles from our faces" to
> para-phrase Clark W. Griswold.

Agreed!

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
January 18, 2009 07:18PM
Man, all I can see is Skycutter getting taken to the cleaners on this being told crap that any one else would know isn't true.

I offered him help once before, when he originally got the site, I'll do it again. FPM me man. I can still save you some money.

This crap just makes baby jeebus cry man.

"No where to hide, no place to run. Your village will burn like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 18, 2009 07:56PM
Dude that would be so cool if you could help. Here's hoping. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 23, 2009 09:07AM
If you guys have any technical questions, or questions about what the deal is, feel free to forward me a message. No one's "taking Skycutter to the cleaners." The deal is that Skycutter wanted this site to function as it had originally - at www.classicmarvel.com. He was worried about putting lots of extra work into the site, then having Aunt Petunia renege on the agreement to turn the domain over, and having the whole thing go down the tubes without the original domain.

Now Aunt Petunia has apparently reneged on the domain transfer deal, and he has taken back his domain. No more classicmarvel.com - It's classicmarvelforever.com now. It's up to you guys to keep it going strong, and the more responsive the community is, the more likely it is that the changes and improvements you guys want to see will be implemented.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 24, 2009 03:36AM
Well sad as it is to see Aunt_Petunia fail to be adult about things and turn over the domain the site still lives on in spite of that with just a minor change to the URL and now without that onus upon us all we can now stop worrying about what many of thought might happen and move on clean of the baggage that had held us up since this time last year. We're free and clear and I think now we can step things up like we've wanted to for a year and have a grand old time.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 25, 2009 06:58PM
Gents I usually spend most of my day looking up images and refrence for my work as a graphic designer and illustrator. When Skycutter is ready/able to update the profiles section I will find pictures for all the characters that need pictures (or new ones if they need updating).
April 06, 2009 09:00PM
Any update on this?

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
April 06, 2009 11:26PM
Nope.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
November 02, 2009 10:49AM
I've been making character pieces for my game by scanning the pictures from the Marvel Master Edition and printing them out at the same size as the character pieces that came with the game. I have pieces for nearly all the characters I have stats for. Well over 700 different ones.
November 12, 2009 01:47AM
Noticed that not even Batman has a picture for his profile here.

Obscure characters i can see but BATMAN?
November 12, 2009 06:16AM
Which one do you want?

How about this one? eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 10:02AM by The_Skycutter.
November 13, 2009 01:17AM
ha ha. that one made me LOL!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 10:04AM by The_Skycutter.
November 18, 2009 03:33PM
Guys,

As far as I know, we can't even get anyone to volunteer to help with the new character profiles, even though the new profile editor is in place.

If we could get help just transferring all the old profiles to the new system (data has to be entered manually - sorry), then we'd be all set. Once we had all the profiles going, we could start taking individual requests to add new pictures/illustrations/photos/art/stats/whatever to individual profiles.

Until we see some real interest in these new profiles, though (i.e. users putting their money where their mouths are), we're sort of restricted to The Skycutter manually doing all the profiles, averaging only a few a week (because he has such little time off from work). I don't mean any disrespect; it just seems that now we're finally just about where we want to be, and the users have lost interest.

Let me or The Skycutter know if you'd like to devote any time to learning the new system, and helping out. We're most interested in people who can commit to doing a certain amount of work (e.g. 20 profiles a week, 1 profile a day, 3 hours a week, etc.).

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
November 18, 2009 04:22PM
Kevin,

I'd be willing to help out transferring the profiles. I'm not sure what might be entailed in learning the new system, but I'm willing to give it a go. Perhaps I can take a stab at 1 or 2 of the profiles to see how well I adapt to the setup, and what may be involved in it (particularly to get an idea how much time it might take me personally to do a profile). If my application as it were goes well, then I can get an idea how much work on it I might be able to regularly do.

At this point, I'll say 1 profile per day, since I'm not the speediest typist. And that way, anything above that which i accomplish will be icing and help complete the project sooner.

PM me with whatever details or coordination may need to be worked out.
February 15, 2011 01:43PM
I'm willing to not complain. That should help a little...

> I'm the third or fourth best at what I do, but what I do isn't very interesting.
--- Small-town newspaper reporter (and comics fan) Mark Newman

> Thank you, SkyCutter, Dusky and Auntie P. for giving us a cool place to hang out: www.classicmarvel.com and www.classicmarvelforever.com.
May 10, 2011 10:12PM
Hello Kevin,
The old profiles how are they currently stored. Are they in an Excel sheet format,
CSV file?

How are the new ones formated.
Is it possible to have them in a file to compose such as excel format or CSV?

If you provide me with an example of both then I may be able to work out a way to do it for you.

If at the end of the day I have to manually enter it then I may be able to assist as well.

I am currently working as a Brickies laborer right now so it drains me Physically.

I have to get back into TECH support again....

That aside let me know about the above as I am willing to help out.

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans
November 05, 2011 01:16PM
i can probably help in transferring over some profiles maybe 2-3 a week and finding (and adding) the History of a lot of them that don't have histories

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 07, 2012 10:33AM
New profiles are input through a Content Management System. What I did was create one, then I would just duplicate it, edit it, and copy/paste in the information from the old profile, then save it. Then start over again by duplicating it, and changing it. Over and over. It gets old, and it will get old for anyone who is doing it up until it's done. Once it's done, though, it's done.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 16
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.