Web Site Improvements!

Posted by The_Skycutter 
Web Site Improvements!
March 25, 2010 02:08PM
As you have noticed there has been changes made to the look of the Contents Page, Character Profile Section, & Navigation Menu Bar!

I will be adding new updates to the Character Profile Section as time allows, but in the meantime if you need to look up the stats on some of your favorite Heroes & Villains you can find them on the navigator bar in the Archived Forum....
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

I hope that everyone can give a shout-out to Kevin for all his hard work for our Community! smoking smiley

The Cutter

Re: Web Site Improvements!
March 25, 2010 02:43PM
All the effort is very much noted and appreciated. Kudos to Kevin. smiling smiley
March 25, 2010 03:53PM
Great work guys. Thanks for the great support of the community!
March 25, 2010 06:36PM
Does this mean that some of the Characters stats and Profiles are going to be upgraded too?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 25, 2010 11:48PM
It looks great! Thanks for all the hard work!

March 26, 2010 05:43AM
Chronomancer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does this mean that some of the Characters stats
> and Profiles are going to be upgraded too?

Chronomancer, all of the Character stats & Profiles are going to be updated. smoking smiley

The Cutter

FTJ
March 26, 2010 07:51AM
Looks sweet! And much appreciated. cool smiley
March 29, 2010 07:16AM
The character profiles are nice looking. Do they have to be so busy with information not required to play the game or infoeasily looked up on marvel wiki or something?

Minor gripe, They do look very cool and the site seems to be moving a moment faster when I'm surfing it. Thanks for effort, this site keeps my friends and I Wednesday night habit alive. smiling smiley
April 27, 2010 05:49AM
BelleReeve said:
The character profiles are nice looking. Do they have to be so busy with information not required to play the game or info-easily looked up on marvel wiki or something?

Minor gripe, They do look very cool and the site seems to be moving a moment faster when I'm surfing it. Thanks for effort, this site keeps my friends and I Wednesday night habit alive.

I agree, they looks sweet and I'm glad there are a lot of details in the new make-ups but say I want to print these out to make a HUGE compendium of characters to have at hand anytime we wanted to game and I don't have an Internet connection, most of the new make-ups would be like three pages for a single character. But like BelleReeve said, its only a minor suggestion I cant hassle you guys for the new write-ups with how awesome and organized they are. Once again thanks guys and we all appreciate it a lot.

Another quick thing, I was wondering if there could be perhaps a way to get the write-ups in the Forum for personally made characters to be "canonized" in the list of stat characters. For example, I recently wrote up the Ninja Turtle stats and I was wondering if those or any others could or would be considered in the new character listings? Also is there anything that I could do to make them more complete (perhaps a thought history/background write-up) to make them illegible?
April 27, 2010 07:03AM
Well not everyone can or does think of going to marvel wiki to find data on the characters. Plus having all the information available in one spot is always more useful than having it scattered around multiple sources. Plus details like height and weight are more than flavor text they do have a use in game. Knowing a character's 300 lbs but doesn't look it is very useful, and too many write-ups are actually too bare in the old forums, a little too much just game info in focus. The characters need to be more than just game stats.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 31, 2010 11:44AM
What happened to some of the characters from the list, like Tower, ScULk, Shadowman, Comet Man, Slipstream (not the mutant), etc. Were they ones that weren't allowed to be up anymore after the transition?
October 31, 2010 11:51AM
Comet Man seems to still be in the old archive list, although the sheet's still wrong as his powers aren't a product of his costume and are completely genetic and part of his natural body. So he's an Induced Mutant (or Altered Human depending on your book preference) and not like The Greatest American Hero.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 15, 2011 12:58PM
Thanks for the continued improvements. I also like that most of the "old" items
can still be accessed through the archive.
Another Section?
June 13, 2012 04:42AM
Hey Redman and Cutter! Any chance we can get another section put in for general non-Marvel stuff like jokes and discussions? I'm hesitant to put topics like that in the discussion section as it does seem to imply "Marvel stuff only"...

Re: Another Section?
December 06, 2016 05:37AM
I know it's been four and a half years since you asked about this, and I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it since, but for what it's worth, the wording that goes along with the "Discussion" forum has been updated to reflect that it's general discussion, not just strictly Marvel-related topics.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.