Marvel Universe Gamers Handbooks Rescanned!

Posted by The_Skycutter 
Marvel Universe Gamers Handbooks Rescanned!
December 24, 2013 05:41AM
Here is the complete collection of all 8 Gamers Handbooks Of The Marvel Universe rescanned including Covers & Backs!
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Make sure to give a shout-out to ThatArtGuy for all of his hard work on these scans & for helping me complete this project for our site....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL! smoking smiley

The Cutter

Re: Marvel Universe Gamers Handbooks Rescanned!
December 24, 2013 10:10AM
These are fantastic. Any chance of them being sent through an OCR program?
December 24, 2013 01:26PM
Thank you, ThatArtGuy and Skycutter, both! The site and the MSH material you're helping to keep alive mean a lot to me and other players.

I'm in the midst of attempting to shape on of the Adventure Books that was recently shared into a module for use as a stand alone adventure (the one called X-cellent Death.) I know I won't get it done in time for Christmas, but I'm hoping that it will be considered a gift to the site for all the things you've done for me already.

Enjoy your holidays, everyone!

8)
December 24, 2013 09:16PM
The original scans that are on the site are already OCR'ed, hence the need for the unaltered, original versions. However, Skycutter might have done this already. As for the effort put into doing these, it'll probably be awhile before I look at them willingly. *LOL*

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas, everyone.

TAG
December 25, 2013 10:29AM
I'm working on OCRing them now. I hope to maybe send them back when I'm done. The higher quality of these new scans is fantastic.
December 25, 2013 03:54PM
MIC_Rulz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm working on OCRing them now. I hope to maybe
> send them back when I'm done. The higher quality
> of these new scans is fantastic.
–-----------------------------------------------------------------

MIC_Rulz, it would have taken me a few days to run all of the MU Handbooks through Nuance PDF Converter Professional, to make them text researchable; I appreciate the help thanks!

The Cutter

December 26, 2013 07:48AM
I am using Adobe Acrobat X to OCR these. I have to do these in bursts because real life keeps getting in the way. If it will be of help to you I will send them over somehow. Let me know what works best. If it turns out this won't work for you I will cry uncontrollably and test my Regeneration with a butter knife.
December 26, 2013 08:09AM
MIC_Rulz, check your Private Messages! eye rolling smiley

The Cutter

December 28, 2013 06:27AM
Here is the Text Researchable versions of the Marvel Universe Gamers Handbooks by MIC_Rulz! thumbs up
[www.mediafire.com]

I would like to point out that MIC_Rulz & ThatArtGuy have really put in a lot of hard work to improve our Forum Community with the work they both have done on these PDF's, so take the time to thank them for it please people!

The Cutter

December 28, 2013 07:19AM
Awesome!!!!

Thanks guys I have been waiting for scannable versions of these for years. Each time I tried to do it myself (due to my computer illiteracy) I got really bad versions copied over.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 28, 2013 08:19AM
The_Skycutter Wrote:
>
> I would like to point out that MIC_Rulz &
> ThatArtGuy have really put in a lot of hard work
> to improve our Forum Community with the work they
> both have done on these PDF's, so take the time to
> thank them for it please people!
>
>
> The Cutter

It's my pleasure to thank everyone involved! Thank you all for your contributions to the website!

8)
December 28, 2013 09:42AM
Wooot, guys. Thanks.
December 28, 2013 12:33PM
Gentlemen, I salute you. smileys with beer
December 28, 2013 04:48PM
Is there any plans or are there currently in the works any plans to re scan some of the other non searchable text books into that format? I think that there would be an interest in such an endeavour. I most certainly would be.
December 29, 2013 11:54AM
Chronomancer Wrote:
> Is there any plans or are there currently in the
> works any plans to re scan some of the other non
> searchable text books into that format? I think
> that there would be an interest in such an
> endeavor. I most certainly would be.

Chrono, actually the plan at this time is to redo all of the modules in the download section that are in poor quality scan condition; after that objective has been completed, I would like to see all of the text books in a researchable format! smoking smiley

The Cutter

December 29, 2013 03:04PM
The_Skycutter Wrote:
> Chronomancer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there any plans or are there currently in
> the
> > works any plans to re scan some of the other
> non
> > searchable text books into that format? I think
> > that there would be an interest in such an
> > endeavor. I most certainly would be.
> ____________________________________________
>
> Chrono, actually the plan at this time is to redo
> all of the modules in the download section that
> are in poor quality scan condition; after that
> objective has been completed, I would like to see
> all of the text books in a researchable format!
> smoking smiley
>
>
> The Cutter

As always Chief, you are a step ahead of our needs...
December 30, 2013 07:14AM
I'm glad I could help. I did not have a chance to go over every word in the documents. If the text search comes up lacking, please let me know and I will try and fix it. As for the other books, if they want me to I would be glad to OCR those as well.
December 30, 2013 12:59PM
These are awesome! Many thanks and Happy New Year's to everyone, especially TAG, Skycutter and MC_Rulz!

Cheers,

Niniri

June 06, 2014 02:08PM
Whoooo Hooooo. I really liked the covers.

Lurker13 .... watching, waiting, ready to respond.
October 04, 2014 05:53AM
Nicely done.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley
October 04, 2014 07:48AM
A little dated, but I'm sure the sentiment is appreciated. Have you seen the "Big Plans for the Site" thread in the general Discussion section?

All of the published Marvel products have been rescanned in high quality and links are posted throughout the --so far-- 7 pages of that thread. All praise to our glorious pdf providing overlord, Skycutter. And also to ThatArtGuy for all the work he put into doing the scans.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.