Rise of the Replicants

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Rise of the Replicants
January 19, 2009 09:20AM
This module is brought to us by Classic Marvel member, killzone5000. Enjoy!

Rise of the Replicants

Politics, big business and corruption often go hand-in-hand, and when you throw a Japanese crime syndicate into the mix, you end up with a seriously explosive combination. The big business in question is Stronghold Security Systems, and they have created four androids which everybody in the world seems to want to get their hands on.

The question is… why? And what could possibly be so important about a batch of androids that would motivate people to do anything to get their hands on them? Surely the fate of the world could not possibly rest on these mechanical monstrosities ending up in the wrong hands?

That’s where you come in, because someone must ensure that the androids don’t fall into the clutches of those who would use them to bring about chaos and destruction to the earth. Let’s just hope that you’re up to the task, otherwise, we could all be doomed!
An Original Module
September 26, 2008 08:33PM
Friends,

I'm not entirely sure where I got this link, but I think it was from a post on the old board. In any case, I thought I would re-post it and see what everybody thinks (again, perhaps). If someone remembers the post on the Archive Forum please link it to here, or drop me a line and I'll do it. Enjoy:

[www.angelfire.com]

There is an e-mail on the site for anyone who has questions about the module, but I'll post it here as well:

killzone5000@hotmail.com

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Re: An Original Module
October 16, 2008 04:57AM
I remember this. This was VERY well done! To anyone who hasn't yet, you should really check it out.
December 07, 2008 11:33AM
Thanks for your kind words about my module, and for pointing people in its direction. I did indeed plug it on the old board and even wondered if classic marvel would be interested in hosting it in the netbooks section of the site, but ownership was up in the air back then and so nothing materialised. Perhaps I should look into that possibility again now that everything has settled down around here cool smiley
December 07, 2008 11:37AM
We would be most interested in hosting your module and with your kind permission will do so during our next major overhaul. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 07, 2008 02:38PM
Glad to hear you’re interested in hosting the module, and you most certainly have my permission to do so. I’m assuming you’ve already got copies of the books and maps, but if there’s anything else you need please let me know smileys with beer
December 31, 2008 06:26PM
Killer, glad you posted this. Im always interested in new material.
Re: Rise of the Replicants
January 30, 2010 09:11PM
Excellent module.

The quality is amazing, and it is hard to tell it is fan created rather then official. Thanks for sharing, and I would love to see more of your work in the future.
February 24, 2010 02:57AM
I'm glad you liked the module, Tom. I put a great deal of effort into making it look as professional as possible smileys with beer
June 11, 2011 02:39AM
Great job ! This module was great, the amount of time you put into this clearly shows. Thanks for letting us get a chance to enjoy this.
June 11, 2011 05:33AM
Thanks for the kind words, Wrench. I did put a lot of effort into the module (which is probably why I haven't gotten around to writing another one confuzed smiley), so it's good to know that my efforts were appreciated.
July 29, 2014 09:12PM
I know this is going to sound a tad corny, but any chance of a sequel?

I mean honestly it was a rather well written piece of work and with that twist at the end was especially well done when I read through it to figure out a way to properly insert it into my setting.

Reinhardt: Ahh, you kids today with your techno music! You should enjoy the classics, like Hasselhoff!
Lúcio: I can’t even take you seriously right now.
August 01, 2014 08:53AM
I have just released a module for Pathfinder link (shameless plug smiling smiley) which is hopefully of a similar quality to Rise of the Replicants, but as Pathfinder comes under the Open Gaming Licence, modules for that system can be released commercially. As Marvel isn't part of the OGL (or any other similar system) it isn't really viable for me to create more products for it, as it took A LOT of work to put together. You couldn't even do a Kickstarter project to fund such releases, as the rights to produce products for Marvel are not openly available sad smiley
August 02, 2014 02:44PM
As long as you don't include references to Marvel properties (places, characters, etc.), you produce material that references the rules system itself. I did a buttload of research into this last year and confirmed this from a few different sources. The "Marvel System" isn't copyrighted, only the characters and such.

In fact, you can confirm this by looking at the copyright notices in the books themselves (as was pointed out to me by a reliable source). The copyright notices in the material covers Marvel Properties, but there is no mention made of the FASERIP system, ranks names, power names, etc.

While doing research for this I noticed a funny thing, the D&D 3.5 PHB and DMG do not contain copyright notices. Technically (legally) they can be copied/reproduced without fear of reprisal. Granted, you'd still have to defend yourself in court, but you would win! Lol, ain't the law a funny thing smiling smiley

September 28, 2014 07:57AM
I recently moved my website to a new ISP. As a result, Rise of the Replicants can now be found here;

Rise of the Replicants

The link should work fine, but if it doesn't, please let me know and I'll try and figure out where I screwed up confuzed smiley

And if any of you are into Pathfinder, the module I have released for that system can be found here (another shameless plug confused smiley)

Brotherhood of the Fallen

As ever, feedback (on either product) would be greatly appreciated thumbs up
September 29, 2014 06:06AM
Thanks for the heads up. thumbs up cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
May 03, 2022 08:13AM
I’ve finally gotten around to updating the module. There are a few minor corrections here-and-there, but the main change is that I’ve removed the dark backgrounds from around the character images, and the dark background from the roster book. Hopefully, it all looks much cleaner now and is less of a strain on the eyes confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.