LamiaMortis's house rules

Posted by LamiaMortis 
LamiaMortis's house rules
October 16, 2014 04:38AM
I'm going to star with character creation:
I use a combination of the Advanced Player's Book, Ultimate Powers, Ultimate Talents ( this is a wonderful, wonderful resource), and if necessary, Realms of Magic and/or Weapons Locker.

I like to see character modeling whenever possible. (I like to assume my players have a hero at least kinda pictured in their minds when they deside to play).

If not modeled, then either the origin tables from the Player's Book, Realms, or the physical form table from Ultimate Powers can be used.
The specific columns used for rolling ranks will be declared as part of the campaign description.
If you origin/form would normally roll on a lower column, then you roll on the lower of the declared columns.
If your origin/form normally rolls on a higher column, then you roll on the higher of the declared columns.

This is my method of keeping characters around the desired power level for the campaign.

Health, Karma, Resources, and Popularity are determined as per the Player's Book.

Number of starting powers will either be specified or the table to be used will be declared. (I know the Ultimate Powers book has a potential for a higher number of starting powers.

Starting Talents are determined by Reason Rank
Fe = 1
PR = 2
Try = 3
Etc. Etc.

Extra Talents can be purchased as normal and unused talents can be treated like Contacts and be filled in during play.

Heir to Fortune: starting Resources as normal. I will work with you to determine the event that has to occursi order for you to inherit the fortune. When you inherit the fortune you Resources are raised to Rm or higher.

Contacts are as per Player's Book.

That's all I have time for at the moment.
Hope this was understandable.

Silently smile and stare Hungrily at them,
Because "Hulk Smash"!!! Is usually frowned upon.
Re: LamiaMortis's house rules
March 23, 2015 02:49PM
I like the talent idea. What about Student? If you choose Student as a talent do you lose all the others still? Should it take 2 talent slots?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 02:50PM by Sivartius.
March 29, 2015 11:04PM
Sorry about the long hiatus.
Sometimes life
and drama conspire against us.

I treat the Student talent this way:
You begin play with Student and no other talents.
Students choose a major and up to 2 minor fields of study.
During play talents within the major field (up to player and judge to decide what talents fall within a field of study) can be used and purchased like power stunts. Cost per use in this manor is 1/10th normal cost and after 5 uses the talent is considered to be learned. During the learning phase a Reason Feat is required to see if the student has learned enough to use the talent.
1St attempt: Red
2Nd/3Rd attempt: Yellow
4Th/5Th: Green
Talents with the minor field/fields are purchased as normal, but at a 50% discount if 1minor or 25% discount if 2minors.
All other talents purchased as normal.

My players loved to roll dice any chance they could.
March 30, 2015 07:30AM
So if a person had a character with Remarkable intelligence, they could either have 6 talents, or have Student?
April 14, 2015 04:03PM
Exactly.

The idea behind this is that students are younger and tend to be inexperienced.
Where as the Reason based talent number represents an older more experienced character.

I apologize for such a long time between posts.
I'm currently going through a major life change/ new family dynamic and will be on more frequently as things settle down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 04:22PM by LamiaMortis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 79
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.