Bellicose

Posted by Nitro 
Bellicose
June 02, 2008 02:02PM
Bellicose
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 275 lbs
Appearance: Bellicose's body is jet black with lime green lightning-like lines that constantly shift around his body. When he activates his razorskin, he looks kind of like Blackheart, but covered in sharp spikes.

F Mn70
A In40
S Am50/Sh-X150*
E Am50/Sh-Z500**
R Gd10
I Gd10
P Gd10
Health: 210/760
Resources: Feeble
Popularity: 0

Powers:

Cost: 30 Abnormal Physiology: Bellicose has 2 sets of arms, allowing him to make an additional attack per round.

Cost: 20 Elongation: [Excellent(20)] Bellicose can elongate any part of his body up to 6 areas away.

Cost: 10 Growth: [Good(10)] Atomic Gain: Bellicose is +1CS to get hit but has +2CS Strength and he is four times as heavy.

Cost: 2 Hyper-Charge: [Feeble(2)] Increase movement +1CS in a single round. This acts as Sh-Z(500) Body Resistance but only when charging.

Cost: 7 Power Focus: [Typical(7)] Bellicose can channel 996 points into one ability for 1 round, or release it doing 996 damage to immediate area and -1CS to each area after. All his abilities are Feeble afterwards. Ranks regain at a rate of 7 points per turn.

Cost: 2 Razorskin: [Feeble(2)] Bellicose inflicts +1CS Strength Edge (Melee) or +1CS Endurance Edge (Charging) damage. Anyone attacking Bellicose with their barehands inflicts as much Edge damage to themselves as they inflict Blunt damage to Bellicose.

Cost: 30 Self-Duplication: [Remarkable(30)] Bellicose may make 2 exact copies of himself with all his powers and abilities except this one. The copies must stay within 8 areas or vanish.

Cost: 30 True Invulnerability: [Remarkable(30)] All attacks that are not psionic or magical in nature are -6CS.

Cost:125 Unstoppability [Unearthly(100)] Bellicose cannot be stopped when he starts moving. This Power is automatically CL1000 to block. Once Bellicose starts moving, it takes CL1000 strength or better to completely stop him.

Talents:
None

Contacts:
None

NOTES:
FASE Stats: 210
RIP Stats: 30
Powers: 256
Resources: 4
210+30+256+4=500

*Unstoppability allows the Power rank to be added to Strength and Endurance during character creation.
**Hyper-Charge gives the Player the option of raising the Endurance rank to +2CS which in this case raises his Endurance from Sh-X150 to Sh-Z500.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2008 04:55PM by Nitro.
Re: Bellicose
June 03, 2008 03:24AM
Your powers seem to be all over the place Nitro, what kind of underlying or unifying theme does Bellicose have? He's certainly powerful but I don't get a feel for the character at all.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 03, 2008 03:40AM
Underlying theme? I guess it is how powerful a character I could make with 500 points.
June 05, 2008 06:07AM
Well he's certainly a tank but raw physical strength isn't the best measure of what makes someone the most powerful around. As he is someone like Madcap or Headlock could easily defeat him as he has no defenses against mental or emotional attacks and couldn't even interact safely with the rest of the world due to that razor skin which is more a flaw than a benefit. The razor skin points would have been better off in a few ranks of Life Support or Self-Sustenance to better handle attacks based on suffocation or simply starving him out.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 05, 2008 01:46PM
I don't think someone with Sh-Z endurance needs to worry about holding his breathe too, too much. As for Psionic attacks, he always has his Power Focus ability that enables him to potentially have a CL1000 Psyche to resist a mental attack. He could just keep doing that over and over again because he recovers around 60 points total within 2 rounds, leaving him with a Monstrous Psyche should he use Power Focus again. If I had more points, I was going to throw in a Psi-Screen of some sorts.

And hey, I never mentioned that he was a hero either...
June 05, 2008 02:04PM
Well one rarely has an opponent go 'Hey time to focus on your Psyche because I'm about to engage in a mental assault on you' and while you're doing that you're feeble if not technically shift-zero in everything else like the TI and Endurance at which point poisoning you isn't so hard or shooting you. Hero or Villain there are a lot of holes to exploit.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 02:43PM
He could always just release his Power Focus and create a CL1000 explosion too.
June 05, 2008 02:59PM
Actually no that's not how Focus works and you lack a CL1000 level power or ability to generate a CL1000 effect (few things can go above Shift Z rank in any case) anyway. Your own totals show even if you could you lack the minimum of 1000 points to pull it off plus afterwards you're still left helpless for a good half hour easy and anyone who survived would easily finish you off while you were recovering.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 03:01PM
Now your speaking my language. I've got a character who has a power set based largely on Focus. Some of the Power Stunts I've come up with for it are pretty useful, for more sophisticated control, but in large part he just destroys stuff. Although his damage is only in the Shift-X range. (only LOL)

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 05, 2008 03:02PM
True, but there is always the chance that after a Class 1000 intensity blast.....everybody is dead! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 05, 2008 03:13PM
Well plenty survive the Shift-Z blasts Johnny Storm unleashes from time to time and even a CL1000 blast can be survived just by getting out of range. The version of Moleculon I created for the thread could create a CL1000 nuclear blast that'd easily take out just about everyone including the Hulk and just regenerate somewhere else.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 03:16PM
Except your character actually has powers that go along with your Focus to let you unleash energy blasts TLD, the Focus itself has no inherent ability to unleash energy blasts or deadly explosions.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 03:43PM
Yeah, I know. thumbs up

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 22
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.