Agility vs Fighting

Posted by Leonidas' Ghost 
Agility vs Fighting
April 25, 2016 03:50PM
It's been 20 years since I ran a Marvel game.

As I'm rereading the rules I find it just a bit odd that Agility offers no defense against Fighting.

If you look at Spider-Man in the comics, he is never ever hit by a thug with a gun, yet in the Basic Game and FASERIP a thug with a gun has a 50/50 chance of hitting Spider-Man with shot.

Am I missing something?
Re: Agility vs Fighting
April 26, 2016 02:47PM
Leonidas' Ghost Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I missing something?

Spider-Sense.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
April 26, 2016 10:49PM
your observation about fighting Vs agility is a common one Leonidas smiling smiley

the good news is MSH is well suited to house rules and it's quite a common house rule (in my experience of several different groups) to let agility be used to dodge, evade or otherwise mitigate almost any incoming attacks probability of hitting.

e.g.

house rule 1 - Agility can always be used to dodge/evade an attack if you know its coming

house rule 2 - if your target knows you are about to attack them - you can only successfully target them if you are within three column shift of their agility (eg thug with excellent fighting can still hit someone with amazing agility, thug with good fighting will never lay a glove on an amazing agility character... if he can see it coming)

I'm sure there are many other variations o the theme out there
July 03, 2016 04:45PM
I'm glad someone asked this question, and I like the mechanics. I wish I had thought of this about 10 campaigns ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.