New material for Netbooks and Enhancements!

Posted by Wendell_Burke 
New material for Netbooks and Enhancements!
February 04, 2017 11:42AM
Hey!

So, I've been playing around with the Adobe suite and put together some stuff for the game that I think could be useful to some of you. I would have uploaded them here, but most are a little too large to post, though Skycutter says that they should be posted under the Netbooks and Enhancements section by the end of next week. Enjoy!

1. LATEST FLATTENED FLATIRON MARVEL MAP: This is a giant sized (6.25' x 6.25') map of the Flatiron district of Manhattan made in the original style of the official maps.

2. INITIATIVE & ACTIONS SHEET: This is a little something to help track initiative during combats.

3. POWER STUNT SHEET 1: This one is for keeping track of your individual power stunts; their rank, what they do, and how often you've tried them.

4. STORYTELLER'S CAMPAIGN SHEETS: This one I based after the Boxed City Campaign set. It follows the suggestions for layout of your campaign as stated in the book so a Judge can just go down these sheets and fill in the blanks to collect their thoughts.

5. CONTACT ACQUIREMENT SHEET 1: This is for those who want to increase the role playing in their groups. How it's used is very much like power stunts are learned. It's purpose is to simulate the slowly growing relationships between player characters and npc Contacts they want to gain. Basically the pick an npc they want to acquire as a Contact and each time they want a favor from them, they have to pay 100 Karma towards their eventual purchase and make a Red Feat for the 1st time, as the npc doesn't know them very well at this point. Gradually the likelihood of the npc saying yes increases as the player interacts with the npc more and more. When they've paid the full 1000 karma, the Contact works as normal.
Re: New material for Netbooks and Enhancements!
February 06, 2017 11:37AM
Awesomesauce. Thanks, Wendell. smileys with beer

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 06, 2017 02:16PM
smiling smiley You're welcome! I hope you find them of use!
March 24, 2017 09:26AM
Wendell, I have added your resource material to the "Download Section"! smoking smiley
[classicmarvelforever.com]

The Cutter

March 25, 2017 04:24PM
Thanks Cutter! I hope the users find them, well, useful! winking smiley
April 14, 2017 11:54AM
Skycutter - I've got a few files to add to the Netbooks and Enhancements page - what's the best way to get them to you?
June 19, 2017 05:05PM
Hey, Wendell, Awesome stuff! I particularly like the powerstunt sheet and the map. I was actually breaking down all the parts found in the official maps so that they can be used to make new, original maps in the same vein. It looks like you may have had a similar idea.

Did you make the map in some sort of mapping program or just use photoshop or something similar?
August 24, 2017 11:00AM
Hey there, Mcgarnagle!

Sorry it's been so long since I was here last! Been a little tied up. Thanks a lot! I appreciate you saying so and am happy you feel they'll be helpful! As for my Flatiron map, rather than taking apart the maps already made, I just created my own based on a section of town that was historical and already had some mentions in the Marvel U. (Damage Control, anyone?). I did work from the original maps so that I'd emulate the graphic style as closely as possible. The map was made so large because I thought the Mega map was neat and wanted to see if I could really commit to such a huge project. It was also for those poor Judges who have smart ass speedsters, teleporters, and other smug gits who like to tear up those smaller maps. (Good luck clearing this one in a single turn, punk! I hope you like Agility rolls! <;D) I used mostly Adobe Illustrator with just a splash of Photoshop. For the objects on the maps, I pulled already created reference on line in searches for objects from Dunjinni and the like.
August 25, 2017 05:08AM
Hey folks, I just wrapped up a new project for the game. This time it's a module based on story-line from The Uncanny X-Men #190-191. The module is called, "An Age Undreamed Of!" Feel free to download it from the Netbooks section of the site, and enjoy!
August 25, 2017 05:44AM
Wendell_Burke
Hey folks, I just wrapped up a new project for the game. This time it's a module based on story-line from The Uncanny X-Men #190-191. The module is called, "An Age Undreamed Of!" Feel free to download it from the Netbooks section of the site, and enjoy!

I'm not yet seeing it available for download.

August 25, 2017 07:37AM
Shoot. I jumped the gun there. Sorry about that, but if you check now, Cutter has the module up!
August 25, 2017 09:57AM
Wendell_Burke
Shoot. I jumped the gun there. Sorry about that, but if you check now, Cutter has the module up!

No worries at all. smiling smiley

I'll check it out.

August 25, 2017 10:00AM
Ah sweet, it's the Kulan Gath story! That was always one of my absolute favorites!

August 27, 2017 12:54PM
Good! I hope you enjoy it, and if you run your group through it, I wouldn't mind hearing how it went! I don't get to game too much so it's nice to hear that others out there are enjoying the materials I make. <smiling smiley
September 24, 2017 05:05AM
The best part is that since the end of the event wrapped in a way that made none of it ever have happened, it can be dropped into any campaign as a fresh story for that timeline. Hello MC2 meets Hyborean Age. grinning smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
October 27, 2017 11:15AM
Hey folks, I just wanted to let peoples know that I just wrapped up a new project. It's called 'The Marvel Prop Pack'. It's a collection of props I put together for those that like to use such things in their Marvel games. You can find it now under the Netbooks & Enhancements part of the Downloads section here at CMF. Look for the Blue cover.

Enjoy!
October 27, 2017 09:59PM
Awesome stuff. I can see lots of ideas for a follow up to this one. Will you be taking suggestions or is this a one shot?

Advertisement pages for mercenary services for Serpent Society and other groups or individuals. Villains For Hire was another more recent addition to the Marvel Universe... could maybe see some business cards for that group as well as an merc magazine advertisment.

A Daily Bugle (and/or The DB!) front page... as well as updated press credentials for The DB! The Daily Bugle also had a couple of side publications including The Pulse and NOW Magazine which would be nice to have a cover pages for. The Daily Bugle also had a London affiliate called The Daily Herald.

Also, the Bugle's main rival was The Daily Globe. Eddie Brock (Venom) once worked for the Daily Globe... sample press credentials for him would be a nice touch.

Press credentials for TV news reporters from the FCN (Fact Channel News) network would be a cool addition.

Was there an advertisement page for the UCWF? A flyer advertising a prominent appearance by The Thing would be cool, or maybe a promotional event looking for newcomers because the UCWF needs fresh talent.

A business card for Dakota North Investigations that looks like this (minus the investigator's image in front of it)...

Business card and stationary for Parker Industries...

Cross Technological Enterprises has featured in a number of stories and some stationary for shady business dealings or requests to seek out volunteers or donors might be in order.

Stationary for the Olympus Group would be of personal interest to me. Those Greek gods need a subtle way to get memos out to their employees on Earth.

Maybe some ID badges for Vault (and other superhuman prisons) security personnel?

Spiral created The Body Shop as a cyborg enhancement business on Earth. Business cards or an advertisement flyer would be cool.

Elsa Bloodstone took over her father's estate and turned it into a curio shop called Bloodstone Curios and currently uses it as a base of operations for monster hunting. I don't know if she'd need business cards for the shop, but an advertisement for the business would be a nice piece of flair.

Business cards for lawers would be cool. Nelson & Murdock (don't remember if I saw them in this set), but there's also that law firm that She-Hulk worked for that took on all manner of superhuman cases, often defending supervillains. Mallory Book was one of She-Hulk's main friendly rivals at that company... until She-Hulk started working independently.

Mirror Modeling was a modelling agency located in Wisconsin that represented Ashley Crawford (aka Big Bertha). Could definitely use business cards for some sleezy agents looking to cash in on high profile model types... as well as throwing some legitimate offers around. Mirror Modeling seemed like legit business, but I'm sure there are some examples of not-so-nice businesses of this type in Marvel.

October 29, 2017 07:44AM
Here's a fun company ad from Marvel...

November 10, 2017 03:57PM
Hey,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm not sure what's up. I'm subscribed to this topic but haven't gotten any notices for some reason. Anyway, thanks! Yeah, I've been told this has been a good one for inspiring ideas, which makes me very happy. <smiling smiley I may do another one in the future, but I need to tackle some other projects for a bit now. By all means, keep a list going here on this thread. That way I'll know where to find it. Yes, there was a promotional poster for the UCWF in the pack as well as a business card I created for an agent. I would do more for that though. That one was fun! I was going to do The Vault in the next one, but I did include some ID's for The Raft in this one. Yep, I also had a card for Nelson & Murdoch in the pack. 1st few pages, I believe. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep them in mind if I decide to do a follow up. Glad you enjoyed it!
November 10, 2017 04:00PM
Oh, that's right! I even have this one from one of their swimsuit issues! I totally forgot. Oh, well. I found a tiny logo for Shaw Industries in the books also, but truthfully, it was terrible so I opted instead to drop the logo and go with text. I felt it reflected Shaw much better than the logo I found. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.