The World of The Necromancer

Posted by Necromancer 
Re: The World of The Necromancer
June 02, 2017 02:36PM
Nightmask
Necromancer
tystates
Is Gezora one of your characters or from a movie or something? I thought Circular Vision didn't have a power rank, my memory banks tell me.

Gezora comes from a 1970 movie: The Space Amoeba. He joined the Godzilla-verse in Monster Island Episode 34. Many TOHO, RKO and American International Pictures movie monsters have been adapted to the Godzilla-verse. The list is quite impressive. You are right Circular Vision should not have a rank, I added one however since I thought it could serve as an effective measure of the creatures range of vision while submerged. I can remove it if you believe it an unnecessary addition.

It depends, Circular Vision has a rank IF it's some kind of power providing it, one that can be negated (like the light-funneling I think the power suggests). If it's provided by say Multiple Eyes then it doesn't generally have a rank since it can't be interfered with since it's a physical aspect of them and not really a power at that point.

In this case, it is based on the cuttlefish physical form. I looked up cuttlefish physiology before I began the write up. Many creatures I am currently trying to write up come from different eras of Godzilla and other monster movies. Some I have to scale up in power or scale back in power to try to line them up with a vision of a Godzilla representative of TOHO and the Marvel version.

I plan to also work in the giant monsters from Marvel's Godzilla King of the Monsters series. I thought about doing a Showa, Hesei, Millennium etc. etc. version, but that just seemed like too much effort. I thought it would be a more elegant solution to do it once and scale everything to an appropriate level of power. I most definitely do not plan on doing 6 different write ups just for Godzilla or 3 just for King Ghidorah because they are slightly different in each series of movies. My solution was that the Showa era was closest in power level to the Marvel version so that was the jumping off point I decided to use as a model. Also, most of the enemies are at the Showa level of power which helps in the number of kaiju I would have to scale down.

One world of adventure is never enough.
Star Drive
June 04, 2017 12:10PM
So last night I had to download Paragon Chat and the Titan Icon. This app features the City of Heroes Character Creator, where people can use the creator to make avatars and enter into Paragon Chat to keep up with friends and contacts they may have made in the game while it was active. I thought it could help myself to convey the type of custom heroes I like to create for the game. It has provided myself the avenue to finally give form to some of my game characters. So, I would like to present Star Drive.

June 08, 2017 05:44PM
I can't believe I left this off but when you're doing conversions of canon characters like Godzilla you'd probably get more notice and feedback posting them in the Canon Characters forum rather than under your personal creations here. You could post them under the heading of 'Necromancer's Canon Character Cavalcade' and hopefully get better feedback than you'd get with posting them here where people won't realize that they're anything but your personal creations.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 08, 2017 06:35PM
Nightmask
I can't believe I left this off but when you're doing conversions of canon characters like Godzilla you'd probably get more notice and feedback posting them in the Canon Characters forum rather than under your personal creations here. You could post them under the heading of 'Necromancer's Canon Character Cavalcade' and hopefully get better feedback than you'd get with posting them here where people won't realize that they're anything but your personal creations.

I considered that, but I would rather have all my write ups under one thread. Besides, they are all my opinion and I doubt very many people would take an interest in it anyway. I haven't even worked on the project for two days now, I finished 12 write ups for it so far and have 24 more TOHO write ups to do and 8-10 Marvel write ups on Giant Monsters. I noticed every time I do a write up I have to go back and make adjustments across the board as Godzilla is defined by his enemies' abilities really.

Godzilla was the first write up I started and I quickly realized would be the last one I finished. There are also so many differences in the various Godzilla creatures across the years in abilities and heights that I have to constantly convert sizes to the Showa era, in the Showa era Big G started at 164 feet in height but finished at 328 feet in height and his newer enemies grew along with his size it seems. So across 45-50 write ups that turns in to a lot of extra effort. I also threw in TOHO King Kong and his limited films where once again I ran in to size issues.

I had planned on doing one write up a day since I started this thing, but the size of it is really starting to bore me to tears. Some of the creatures are interesting and fun to write up, others are so awfully boring I have to force myself to stat them out. I will probably take an extended break from it for now and just work on it sparingly so that I don't burn out on it. Mechani-Kong was really fun to stat out but also led to me watching a lot of old B & W films that were eating up my time. So I think moderation will be key in finishing this project one day.

June 08, 2017 06:51PM
Necromancer
Nightmask

I considered that, but I would rather have all my write ups under one thread. Besides, they are all my opinion and I doubt very many people would take an interest in it anyway. I haven't even worked on the project for two days now, I finished 12 write ups for it so far and have 24 more TOHO write ups to do and 8-10 Marvel write ups on Giant Monsters. I noticed every time I do a write up I have to go back and make adjustments across the board as Godzilla is defined by his enemies' abilities really.

Godzilla was the first write up I started and I quickly realized would be the last one I finished. There are also so many differences in the various Godzilla creatures across the years in abilities and heights that I have to constantly convert sizes to the Showa era, in the Showa era Big G started at 164 feet in height but finished at 328 feet in height and his newer enemies grew along with his size it seems. So across 45-50 write ups that turns in to a lot of extra effort. I also threw in TOHO King Kong and his limited films where once again I ran in to size issues.

I had planned on doing one write up a day since I started this thing, but the size of it is really starting to bore me to tears. Some of the creatures are interesting and fun to write up, others are so awfully boring I have to force myself to stat them out. I will probably take an extended break from it for now and just work on it sparingly so that I don't burn out on it. Mechani-Kong was really fun to stat out but also led to me watching a lot of old B & W films that were eating up my time. So I think moderation will be key in finishing this project one day.

Everything in the canon section is just someone's opinion. Mine, Skycutter's, others, it's all just our opinion of the various stats and features of a canon character from some setting. Yours are just as welcome and just as interesting as everyone else's.

I do understand that feeling of tediousness, it's happened when I've created both canon write-ups and my personal creations (like the team Avatar's part of, that started feeling tedious doing all those write-ups almost simultanously). It's best not to try and do the work while feeling so negative about it and take a break, you don't have to rush through things but should take it at the pace that feels best for you. Nobody's going to fault you for taking your time and doing it so it feels best done for you.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 07, 2017 05:15AM
Moderator, please delete this entire thread. I will remake it in the future without Photobucket's name splattered throughout my character write ups. Thank You.

July 07, 2017 08:25PM
Necromancer
Moderator, please delete this entire thread. I will remake it in the future without Photobucket's name splattered throughout my character write ups. Thank You.

Using Mod editing, I was able to excise the photobucket icons without losing your outstanding writeups smiling smiley
July 08, 2017 12:06AM
Redman II
Necromancer

Using Mod editing, I was able to excise the photobucket icons without losing your outstanding writeups smiling smiley

I owe you my thanks.

Ragamoffyn
July 10, 2017 06:19AM
I came up with this concept character that had been floating on the edges of my imagination for sometime. I don't feel his origin is quite there yet, but I wanted to get the idea down and test out my newfound PDF abilities at the same time. I think he has the beginnings of a Midnight Son type of hero.

Attachments:
open | download - Ragamoffyn.pdf (199.3 KB)
Crusader
July 13, 2017 11:07AM
This character is a spin off that was inspired by a villain I was creating in one of my current pet projects.

Attachments:
open | download - Crusader.pdf (884.7 KB)
Harlowe 3.0
July 14, 2017 01:59PM
Just for fun I was throwing the dice around and came up with this character. I usually don't get random rolls that are so easy to tie together into a character write up. She turned out well enough I thought. So I decided to post her instead of hitting the delete button.

Attachments:
open | download - Harlowe 3.0.pdf (135.7 KB)
Re: Harlowe 3.0
July 14, 2017 09:32PM
Necromancer
Just for fun I was throwing the dice around and came up with this character. I usually don't get random rolls that are so easy to tie together into a character write up. She turned out well enough I thought. So I decided to post her instead of hitting the delete button.

That's a very nice character. grinning smiley
Farrah Day
July 16, 2017 03:03PM
A low level magic user created with the UPB and Realms of Magic. Fun at parties.

Attachments:
open | download - Farrah Day.pdf (506.2 KB)
Re: Harlowe 3.0
July 16, 2017 03:15PM
Roughouse
Necromancer

That's a very nice character. grinning smiley

Thanks for the compliment!! I hope you enjoyed her write up as much as I did creating her.

Dream Project #1
July 17, 2017 12:11PM
Dream Project:

The Complete Compendium of Character Creation

Featuring a complete comprehensive listing of powers: The UPB, The Advanced Set, The Revised Basic Set, Realms of Magic, all addendum materials, unique powers found in character entries and quality fan created powers that are well developed with complete descriptions in one resource.

Featuring complete charts/tables such as: rank tables for abilities and powers, range, movement speed and jump ranges, throwing ranges, duration of effect, weightlifting ranges. In short everything it has now and the charts that are missing for complete character creation in one resource.

Expanded options for Background, origin and weakness generation and a no inherent weakness option.

Text revisions fixing a few typos and adding information for which chart to roll your ability/power ranks on which some backgrounds are still missing in every version available for download.

Reworked random roll tables that are properly built from the first power in a category to the last power and not just altered here or there to shoe horn in a new power or two.

Updated images.

Pros

*No longer having multiple tabs open to create that character you see in your mind. Say no to digging through 3-5 or more resources at a time just to make a single character or villain. Being able to make that completely random character for the roleplaying challenge.
Hopefully, it won't be just a pipe dream. I also envision a ultimate version of the Weapons Locker resource (compatible and updated with creation rules from the Dr. Doom boxed set) if this first "dream project" does not prove beyond my humble abilities. Updated images will allow for the PDF to be lighter on RAM requirements while improving performance and allowing room for more material. (My cover alone is nearly 2 MB smaller in memory compared to the original.) Development for the CCCC beginning some time toward the end of October.

Attachments:
open | download - CCCC.pdf (123.5 KB)
Spellbinder
July 18, 2017 03:47PM
A street level villainess who may not be what she appears.

Attachments:
open | download - Spellbinder.pdf (110 KB)
Hex Girl
July 27, 2017 10:05AM
Just playing with the CCCC today and random rolling to see if anything is amiss or needs major revisions that have escaped notice. An interesting character came out of it. I wish I could have come up with an extra two power slots to pick up Weapon Creation or Soul Sword, I could have traded in 2 ranks of resources for that but then her starting resources would have been Typical and I didn't think it was worth the trade off.

Attachments:
open | download - Hex Girl.pdf (199.2 KB)
Re: Hex Girl
July 30, 2017 10:11AM
Necromancer
Just playing with the CCCC today and random rolling to see if anything is amiss or needs major revisions that have escaped notice. An interesting character came out of it. I wish I could have come up with an extra two power slots to pick up Weapon Creation or Soul Sword, I could have traded in 2 ranks of resources for that but then her starting resources would have been Typical and I didn't think it was worth the trade off.

Congratulations on the 4000th post in Your Favorites with Hex Girl!

-- Peter David

Re: Hex Girl
July 30, 2017 10:41AM
Nightmask
Necromancer

Congratulations on the 4000th post in Your Favorites with Hex Girl!

I didn't notice, my post counter must be broken it says 521.

Character Creation Compendium
August 15, 2017 08:04PM

Final version of my revised UPB.

August 17, 2017 07:55AM

Some last minute revisions to correct some issues.

August 21, 2017 04:33PM
Spellbinder is cool. cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 22, 2017 06:31AM
Thrudjelmer
Spellbinder is cool. cool smiley

She came from an idea I had for a villain I had created for my MMR module. Which is on hold, because with how much I have improved in the last 2 weeks I have to rebuild that from the ground up.

January 18, 2018 12:36PM
A new character emerges while learning my way through CorelDraw and Corel Paint Shop. PDF clarity is far superior to my earlier attempts. Let me introduce, Nagotha the Aesir.

Attachments:
open | download - Nagotha, the Aesir.pdf (300.9 KB)
January 26, 2018 08:53PM
The Necromancer has been reborn to face new adventures in the year 2099.

Revision of an original character for a fresh start in a new campaign. Tools used to make this PDF: CorelDRAWx8, Corel Paint Shop Photo Prox8 and Icon v1.71 to create the 3D character images. As always leave a comment!...don't be shy.

Attachments:
open | download - Necromancer 2099.pdf (278.1 KB)
February 15, 2018 12:37AM
Project Flyer
FEB 15 2018

As always feel free to comment!

Attachments:
open | download - Project Flyer.pdf (823.6 KB)
Night Watch
March 03, 2018 07:38AM
A new character concept I am working on for a online campaign. (hopefully)

Attachments:
open | download - Night Watch.pdf (616.9 KB)
June 01, 2018 06:54PM
The Eternian--ideal for an online game.

Attachments:
open | download - The Eternian.pdf (259.8 KB)
Fallen Shadows
June 04, 2018 03:57PM
Fallen Shadows, a character for a online game.

Attachments:
open | download - Fallen Shadows.pdf (654.5 KB)
June 15, 2018 12:16PM
Harlowe caught my eye, nice write u. Glad you didn't delete her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.