Who Says Prehensile Hair is for Women Only?

Posted by Roughouse 
Who Says Prehensile Hair is for Women Only?
July 11, 2017 02:18PM
I built this character as an interesting exercise but slowly became more enamored of it as things progressed. His primary power is a headful of thick prehensile dreadlocks. Which is backed up by his wrestling talents (Grappling). So now I have an ex-wrestler on the run from super-powered mafia men. Feedback and comments welcome. I haven't rolled a MSH character in over 30 years.

Code Name: Dreadz
Origin: Mutant (Induced) Chemical Exposure (Terrigen Mist)

F Ex (20)
A Am (50)
S Ex (20)
E AM (50)

R Ex (20)
I Gd (10)
P Ex (20)

Health: 140
Resources: Typical (06)
Pop: Poor (0)

Known Powers:

Prehensile Hair Rm (30): Theo's prehensile hair is fused into dreadlocked tentacles. He can manipulate them as if they were extra limbs (3 Actions / +1CS STR & AGIL).

Travel: Dreadz can use his hair-tentacles as extra-limbs for the purposes of walking, running, jumping, and climbing.

Chosen Talents:
Martial Arts B & Wrestling: Theo specializes in making fast grappling attacks with his hair-tentacles.
Thrown Objects: Dreadlocks can lift and throw objects with his hair-tentacles.

Contacts: TBT

Limitations/Weakness: Damage dealt to Theo's hair is felt as pain. A severed hair-lock will result in Theo having to make a Psyche roll. If he fails - he is rendered unconscious.
(Further consequences up to GM).

Background:
Theo Leblanc was a down on his luck wrestler. After the explosion of Terrigen Bomb in Earth's atmosphere - everything changed. Theo was exposed to the roving Terrigen Cloud. The resulting mutation endowed him with a head of steel-strong prehensile hair.

As Dreadz, he entered the world Super-Human Wrestling League. Using his newfound gifts in the ring. Recently, Theo witnessed the murder of a fellow wrestler by the mob. He used his powers to defeat his attackers and escape. However, there is a now a contract on his life. As a result, he is on the run.

Not running in any active game groups right now. But if I were, I would be asking to play this guy.
Re: Who Says Prehensile Hair is for Women Only?
July 11, 2017 04:22PM
Not bad, and since David did the book they've had more male heroes and villains with a variant of Prehensile Hair (one being part of a retired super-hero group in one of the animated TMNT series).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 29
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.