My Angel from the X Men

Posted by Taarna 
My Angel from the X Men
February 09, 2018 08:31AM
My Angel

In a previous post, I suggested the Angel character from the X men was lazily developed. A guy with wings? Okay, what else?

Here's my concept of the angel

FACERIP all the same, except there should be a notation that his wings have Remarkable level strength with the following power stunts.

Wing attack: The Angel can flap out his wing quickly, with Remarkable blunt damage. The wings can also be used to lift up to a ton in a lever-like power stunt

Wing Sheild ( Good protection from Physical attacks )

New Powers:

Eagle vision, the Angel, has the eyesight of an eagle and can see four to five times farther than the average human can, meaning he has 20/5 or 20/4 vision under ideal viewing conditions. He's able to spot something as small as a mouse moving 300 yards away. He can also see into the ultraviolet spectrum giving him typical level night vision.

Mutant lung and circulation enhancement. The Angel has five times the lung capacity and circulation capacity of an average human. This allows him to operate at higher altitudes where the oxygen level is thinner. He can hold his breath for 10 minutes.

Cold resistance. Typical immunity to cold, allowing him to fly at high altitude

Healing powers: Angel can heal up to 20 points of damage to himself or someone else per day. When he does this, there is a pale golden glow around his body. Angel also has good ability to take away diseases. The ability requires touch and takes 5 rounds to deliver the special healing.

Custom change. Sky blue suit for the day. Jet black for the night. The suit offers good protection vs. Physical attacks and has a belt attachment for equipment or weapons.

A better Angel? I think so. Now you have a stealth and scouting charter with mutant powers that are similar to a birds.

-T

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: My Angel from the X Men
June 15, 2018 12:21PM
I agree with you, he was under developed by far. Your added/expanded write up fits nicely and not too over powered.
June 21, 2018 05:17AM
MajorSteel
I agree with you, he was under developed by far. Your added/expanded write up fits nicely and not too over powered.

The original X men were a rather limited group upon its inception. While Marvel Girl and Iceman improved a lot over the years, some of the others were sort of stuck where they are. Angel I think was lazily thought of.   He could have been much more with just a little imagination without making him user powerful.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
June 27, 2018 03:06AM
Thing is the vision and enhanced physiology is already canon to him in the comics, it's even in his official write-up from Marvel if memory serves. Even early on he was shown doing things like hitching rides on the outside of airplanes which would have been impossible without being able to resist the cold and survive on low levels of oxygen for long periods of times. It's a poorly researched write-up of him that doesn't include those things and just writes him up with wings and can fly and nothing else.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 27, 2018 06:22PM
It's a simplified writeup that presumes the minor abilities that make his main ability useable, kind of like the presumption that super speedsters have a resistance to friction damage resulting from their power.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.