A cosmic pair

Posted by MagnetoX1 
A cosmic pair
August 08, 2021 09:57AM
These were created for a game I was in many years ago, but that was focused more on writing a story than anything else, so I never got around to working out their game stats until now. Just thought I'd toss them out here and see what people think.
Attachments:
open | download - Jessaryn character sheet.pdf (58.1 KB)
open | download - Melissa character sheet.pdf (58.1 KB)
Re: A cosmic pair
August 09, 2021 06:39AM
interesting, although they seem very similar to Adam Warlock and Paragon ( "Him" and "Her").

Are they meant to campaign on earth, or offworld?
August 09, 2021 07:08AM
Lucho wrote:
interesting, although they seem very similar to Adam Warlock and Paragon ( "Him" and "Her").

Are they meant to campaign on earth, or offworld?

Offworld, primarily, although that does not mean they couldn't return to Earth, say if some threat pointed in that direction. And yes, Jessaryn's origin is patterned on Adam Warlock's, though the power set is closer to Silver Surfer's and I added a couple powers that as far as I know neither Warlock nor the Surfer have. (I don't think either of them could change someone the way Jessaryn did Melissa, nor could either of them shapeshift)
August 09, 2021 07:15AM
Interesting, a good story hook might be that Jessaryn is a second attempt to create "Him" (Adam Warlock didn't quite work out as his creators had hoped)
August 09, 2021 07:28AM
Lucho wrote:
Interesting, a good story hook might be that Jessaryn is a
second attempt to create "Him" (Adam Warlock didn't quite work out as his creators had hoped)

True about Warlock not working out as his creators had hoped. I'd written Jessaryn as being of alien origin, though -- I thought that would allow him to have existed for longer than Warlock has, a way to differentiate them. As for a second attempt to create Warlock, wasn't that what Her was?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 35
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.