The Earth-Casual Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: MarvelPbP_Casual Campaign, Prequel Concludes
December 08, 2008 09:55AM
In case anyone has been chomping at the bit to join something like this, I will open up the campaign to ONE additional player in the new year. We'll be moving operations over to rpol.net at that time as well. PM me here if you are interested in joining this casual campaign.
Marvel Casual PbP moves to myth-weavers forums.
December 18, 2008 01:15AM
Greetings Marvel Fans. The Marvel Casual PbP game has been moved to a forum format at an rp site call myth-weavers. It is now located here:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/games.php?gameid=3262

We are now open for "1" additional player, in case anyone is tempted. Just join that website, and private message me or click "Join Game" at the link above.
Re: Marvel Casual PbP moves to myth-weavers forums.
December 21, 2008 12:20PM
Last call for "1" additional player. We've now started posting in our new digs; and everyone likes the new forum we are using.

[www.myth-weavers.com]

And the main game page (where you can register and click "Join Game" if interested):

[www.myth-weavers.com]

Private message me here at classicmarvel, or there at myth weavers site if you have any questions before joining.
December 22, 2008 07:41AM
We have filled the last open position. I'll post again if a slot opens in the future. Also, we'll post as soon as this latest "Act" is over with a summary of the campaign so far.
January 19, 2009 06:40PM
The new forum rocked so much that its were I decided to host my game. Big thumbs up to Lubidius for introducing me to it. thumbs up
January 31, 2009 02:18PM
Just an update. Lubidius keeps the game moving at a very active pace. His game is very action oriented and I must give him my compliments given that he is a long time player but a first time GM.

Currently the team is in Geneeva looking for Ranger's mother who was working on the supercollider project. If you follow the news its the one that can create miniature black holes in theory. Exciting stuff in reality, in fantasy it seems that there are other parties are interested in either it or the mother's research. So far all of our enemies have possessed either magic or quantum based powers...very interesting.
Re: The Earth-Casual Campaign Thread
January 31, 2009 05:13PM
Just wondering if you would allow my character from the Unofficial Compendium of characters, which can be downloaded from this site. the Character is "Flaming Fox"

regards
Fangs
January 31, 2009 05:25PM
Send Lubidius a PM and see. But I dont know if he's taking on more players at this time.
January 31, 2009 05:55PM
In the first post of this thread he has stated that all seven of his Player positions are filled. But and e-mail never hurts. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
February 01, 2009 02:00PM
Go ahead and send me whatever character information you may have via PM or email. I will put you on a waiting list. There are likely to be periods in time when others in the group want a break, so you never know. Right now, I'm at my limit tracking wise otherwise I'd let you in. I recommend you waitlist yourself into several campaigns until you get a bite. - Lubidius.
February 02, 2009 12:04AM
bugger.... my profile shows that I have been a member only for a couple of months not since 98.....Mwaaaaaconfuzed smiley
February 22, 2009 06:51AM
Mr. Happy added a really nice rendering of his character Continuum in our character sketches archive:

[www.myth-weavers.com]

Very well done!
March 03, 2009 03:14AM
I've had to close this campaign until further notice. I have all the character information and plot lines on file in case I am ever in a position to start things up again. Feel free to delete this campaign thread to save space if you wish.
Marvel Casual PbP restart June 1st.
April 13, 2009 07:07AM
Greetings Marvel fans. I will be restarting the Marvel Casual PbP campaign on June 1st. Real life is finally easing up and by this date I'll have had enough time to refresh the plot lines considerably. I'll give first priority to those characters that were already playing in the campaign. The maximum total number of heroes I can safely track is 8; and most of the time that would be in two independent parties running along the same plot lines eventually meeting up for major plot developments. We will pick up where we left off, but fast-forwarded a tiny bit to allow for any necessary new players to be introduced.

I will be shifting to posting very late in the evenings (around 11PM nightly eastern time); Just a fore-warning in that respect. I will be posting once a weeknight (M-F) regardless of who has replied by that time. I will treat your players as if they are my own in your absence.

Note: please do NOT feel obligated to restart this with me. I know you all have likely joined additional campaigns in it's stead after I had to close it. So do NOT overtax yourself and feel obliged to re-join. Of course each of you is extremely welcome to rejoin of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 07:09AM by Lubidius.
Re: Marvel Casual PbP restart June 1st.
April 13, 2009 11:58AM
Glad to hear you'll be able to get going again, Lubidius. Best of wishes for you and your players.
April 15, 2009 12:38PM
Thanks. We'll be re-using the myth-weavers site, just FYI:

[www.myth-weavers.com]

See you all on June 1st. I'll email everyone that previously took part a week or so before to see if they will be re-joining, then I'll open up any slots that are vacant as first come first serve.
April 24, 2009 04:26PM
I'm fine with rejoining, although what's the skip-forward and are returning players required to return with the same character and if so what kind of advances can we expect to have as a result?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 27, 2009 04:20PM
I won't require folks to return with same character if you do not wish to. If you do not return as same character we'll intro a new character separate from the existing threads and merge as we have done in the past. The slight 'skip-forward' will only occur if we have only one or two folks from the original cast and crew. So far only Rockhound and yourself of yes or nearly yes. Broadcast is not going to be able to rejoin and Phenom is on the fence schedule wise. As stated in the restart thread at MW to Rockhound, If enough people restart, we'll start exactly where we left off and then it should only take a week or two real-time to be at a point where we can stop to give everyone appropriate karma from their previous role-playing. Even if you start as a new character I'd give you a nod of Karma to your newly made one.
April 27, 2009 05:44PM
L, it is sheer torture that I must request a temperary leave of absence from your amazing game. I have RL issues that prevent me from RP in awesome games like your and Rooks 009 (ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!), much to my shigrin. I hope, pray, dream, and beg you will allow me back in when my truely hated RL issues are FINALLY resolved.

-Ghost (Praetorian)

PS: I'm looking forward to seeing some of the 'band' when I get back.
April 27, 2009 06:34PM
No problem at all Ghost (Prae). All of you are welcome back at any time, and for any length of time. As long as I keep it to about 8 active players at a time, I don't see any reason why this cannot be a universe unto itself, where characters and players can come and go as needed. Real-life bit me, I've healed a bit, and completely understand people needing to come and go. So with that said, even those on the fence at returning, you should feel like you can come and go at will. I'd much rather someone play intently for a few months, then take a breather, then not concentrate on it because they are overtaxing themselves. I've been there! Just do it when you can. And IF I sense you are busy, one-liners will suffice!

I am going to forgo a tough 'daily posting rate' I was considering, and we'll just play it by ear. Just post as often as you can, and if I don't see someone post within 3 business days (m-f), I'll NPC them. I know its asking a lot for people to jump back in as you all have likely filled the hole with other things, or the hole has been filled for you! (that's going to hurt). LOL.

But, you are welcome into the campaign at any time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 06:36PM by Lubidius.
April 27, 2009 06:40PM
OFF-TOPIC WARNING (though rpg related)

I would like to gratuitously plug that I am also in the process of writing an RPG based upon the soon to be released OpenD6.rules. My blog for the new rpg is located here:

http://bellbottomsandblades.blogspot.com/

And go ahead and get your giggles out; its an oddball idea for an rpg, but I'm an oddbal. I'm a complete D6 convert, though for supers, it will be Marvel RPG for life.

Ok, that's the last I will mention that....

And yes, I get into WAY too many things rpg, art, wargaming, and writing wise in my life. But hey, that's the fun of insanity.

BACK ON-TOPIC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 06:42PM by Lubidius.
April 29, 2009 10:02AM
Woo hoo!! I bounced back here to post on my thread (shameless plug for Earth1927cool smiley to say I'm back in the game after life mis-adventures and bang this is here too! I'd definitely would like back in if you'll have me!
April 29, 2009 10:10AM
Yes, consider yourself slotted! I like 'Dark' a lot (I like all the characters), I think he added a good dimension to the group.
April 29, 2009 10:25AM
Lubidius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I won't require folks to return with same
> character if you do not wish to. If you do not
> return as same character we'll intro a new
> character separate from the existing threads and
> merge as we have done in the past. The slight
> 'skip-forward' will only occur if we have only one
> or two folks from the original cast and crew. So
> far only Rockhound and yourself of yes or nearly
> yes. Broadcast is not going to be able to rejoin
> and Phenom is on the fence schedule wise. As
> stated in the restart thread at MW to Rockhound,
> If enough people restart, we'll start exactly
> where we left off and then it should only take a
> week or two real-time to be at a point where we
> can stop to give everyone appropriate karma from
> their previous role-playing. Even if you start as
> a new character I'd give you a nod of Karma to
> your newly made one.

Would be nice to finish that up instead of skipping forward, although if necessary can go along with that. Ranger would be nice to continue with although with so few games around tempting to want to run with someone else for a while given all my characters looking for game-time. Have to see how it goes and how many come back vs how many new ones end up joining.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 30, 2009 03:42AM
To NM:

I'm thinking we'll pick up right where we left off.

I will restart threads at myth-weavers just to clean things up (literally), and I'll restate what you are doing, and what you see, etcetera. (As a part of that effort I will supply a summary-to-date for this forum too.)

In that respect, if you can stick with Ranger for the immediate time of the restart, we can phase him out for an alternative character if you still wish.
May 26, 2009 04:19PM
In prep for starting up again next Monday, here is the first half of a re-hash -

Marvel PbP Casual Campaign Summary

The Story So Far... An Abridged version. This is not going to win any Oscars! This is just a very quick re-hash for those that have not kept up with the storyline.

The Cast:
(This includes only what we openly know about each character.)

Broadcast - is a 27 year old male with a budding career in the music industry. Broadcast has the power of radar sense through his use and control of electromagnetic waves. He also has the ability to travel almost instantaneously along communication lines, or via radio waves. Broadcast can also emit a powerful microwave blast and produce duplicates of his body up to a mile away.

Ranger - is a powerful young businessman in the engineering field. He is the 28 years old CEO of a Fortune 500 engineering firm. He is an ex-Army corps of engineers soldier who obtained hyper-intelligence and intuition from exposure to chemical agents. He also obtained the ability to mold materials in his surroundings. His experience in the military and family upbringing have forged Ranger into a budding leader of this newly formed group of heroes.

Praetorian - is a member of a race of nomadic warrior aliens. Their culture is dedicated to the way of the sword and just like the heroic standard of the Paladin - justice through the way of the sword. He currently has an enormously muscular body. Praetorian's current incarnation has long black hair and devilishly black irises. He is known to have molecular control over his surroundings. He is also a known telepath with unique qualities thereof that are akin to his alien upbringing.

Dark - is a young black male of 25 years age, who has recently joined the student body at Xavier's institute. Little is known of his exact origins, but Phenom has become pleasantly acquainted with his ability to control shadows, fear and temperature in his surrounding environment.

Rockhound - is a lipinoid with what closely resembles a Doberman pincers head on a hairy body of mixed dark and light browns. The group is aware of his hyper-sensitive sense of smell, as well as his ability to drastically increase in size. He also has a uncanny ability to bore into the ground below him. His claws top off what has become a lethal combination, in an otherwise friendly and endearing 'person'.

Phenom - is another young member of the group, another student of Xavier with apparent telepathic skills. His ability to render an opponent helplessly entrapped in a mental vice has been seen in several issues of this series. His exact power level and capabilities are unknown, but he shows great merit in his control of his own mind and those around him.

Continuum - is a refugee from the Negative Zone. His basic form is that of an alien bug. He has control over time and space, and with that power is capable of extraordinary feats of speed and duplication of form. His luck is extraordinary, perhaps a byproduct of his intimacy with space/time. His body is insect like and luminescent; sometimes expressing his mood and temperament without evoking words.

The Prequel: (for details, read here)

"A Little Trouble In The Big Apple"

The characters were introduced individually at their places of business, while out on the town, or at their personal homes. The introductions lead up to a strange event that occurred one wet and dreary night in Chinatown, New York City, NY. At the Flying Monkey restaurant in Chinatown, all of the characters found themselves one after another drawn into a fight with demonic creatures wearing monk-like robes and large wicker style hats. One had seeming control over plasma, while another had control over lightning from the very sky. They cornered an older Chinese gentleman Danny Lao, and were in desperate search for the man's green-eyed daughter. On the side, Continuum and Ranger run into an old Chinese man, with seeming powers over time/space searching for a newly discovered liquid phasing material which is locked in Ranger's warehouse. After seemingly defeating Dr. Chang (as he named himself), the Dr. escaped as a gaseous form. The fight back in the alley way came to an abrupt halt when the enemy monks were supposedly defeated ; only to disappear into a mist which traveled quickly into the dark night. After interrogating the old man in the alleyway, he quickly advised the characters that the demonic monks were looking for his daughter Ming. Ming was busy this night researching at a local library in Chinatown. The group quickly moved in to warn and protect the young lady, only to fall prey yet again to three demonic monks at the library. A battle ensues, and the group quickly defeats the enemies, saving the man's daughter Ming. As they leave the library, the evil Dr. Chang is still being chased by Continuum; as they chase through the streets of Chinatown, on a bee-line for the library where Ming was studying. As they approach the library's entrance, the group sees Ming's father appear from nowhere wearing mystic Chinese robes, equipped with some contraption on his chest. After uttering some words with the enemy, and a heartfelt embrace with Ming, Ming's father Danny Lao entraps the evil spirit of Dr. Chang, which is merely the latest corporeal prison for the notorious Lo Pan, an evil lord who has lived over 2000 years. Lo Pan is a demon on a long journey through the ages; attempting to reach permanent immortality by stealing the soul of a Chinese woman with green eyes; to appease the dead emperor that cursed him to live with rotting flesh for eternity. He was attempting to use the phasing matter in Ranger's possession along with genetic material from a child of his own and Ming's making to break the curse and leave him immortal in a non-rotting form.

More tomorrow on Act 1 ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 04:22PM by Lubidius.
May 27, 2009 05:24PM
I've composed a document at docs.google.com which completes out the story so far. It is not horribly detailed, but it will give readers an idea of where the campaign is picking up. Hopefully I can post once a month after the restart with similar running summaries:

[docs.google.com]

Enjoy. And if you want to follow along daily as the exploits continue, watch over at the myth-weavers threads.

Thanks, Lubidius (GM)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 05:25PM by Lubidius.
May 31, 2009 04:33PM
I've posted restart threads. "Game On.."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.