The Earth-8603 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Earth-8603 Campaign Thread
March 06, 2009 05:33PM
Damn, that sucks. thumbs down
March 06, 2009 07:16PM
We'll continue at yahoo groups until we can find an alternate place everyone can access while simultaneously not driving the Judge insane-r.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
March 07, 2009 02:03PM
Surprised you're having so much trouble on yahoo. Almost every online game I've been in was held there and I've never had any problems with it.

March 07, 2009 02:07PM
Occasionally Yahoo gets a little hungry and eats posts, but it's been behaving for a while as far as I've been concerned.
March 07, 2009 03:54PM
I myself have few problems with Yahoo and it tends to be blocked less by company servers...LOL

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 07, 2009 05:36PM
We'll see how it goes.

First official in-game posting begins tomorrow night (the 8th)!!!

I'll have a map and new info up then (working on it now).

smiling smiley

March 07, 2009 08:26PM
looking forward to it grinning smiley

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 08, 2009 06:03PM
Don't fret... I'm running a little behind schedule.

Game on by tomorrow night smiling smiley

Game Art: Blue City Map
March 08, 2009 08:10PM

Left side of map is North

Yellow Numbers = Building height (in areas)

Red Q = crashed SWORD Quinjet

Red Me109 with arrow = Messerschmitt 109, flying in direction of arrow diving from 9 areas altitude for a strafing run

Green P = Perceptor, on 2nd floor balcony overlooking the street

Green T = Triumph, in the street

Green Gr = Gray, in the street

Green S = Stinger, in the street

Green B = "Bob" near Quinjet wreckage

Green G = Glory, near Quinjet wreckage

Green Nmd = NOMAD, off map to the west, in range to be anywhere on the map "next turn" with character's movement power

Distances are eye-balled, each hex in jungle = 1 area, each space in the cratered strip between city and jungle = 1 area. Movement in street ranges approximate areas the size of the jungle hexes.

Note: Neither the city of Atlanta, Georgia, the Amazon jungles of Brazil, or the planet Mars were actually harmed during the making of this map.
Re: Game Art: NOMAD's view
March 08, 2009 09:31PM

Looking though NOMAD's optical receptors....

March 09, 2009 07:05PM
Awesome view winking smiley Really sets the scene smiling smiley
March 09, 2009 08:20PM
Very well done I must agree.

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 10, 2009 01:46AM
We have to find somewhere other than Yahoo groups to host this game. I'm so mad I could chew adamantium into taffy.

I could do better rich-text editing with a chisel and cinderblock.

And...

Even though I started the group, none of the posts to the group are being emailed to my Yahoo email box, nor forwarded to my e-mile.co.uk account that is also subscribed!!!

That is the sine qua non of f-ed up..I wasn't aware that Yahoo email isn't compatible with itself. I already knew their browser hijacking toolbar was a joke.

I didn't see the posts of four of my players pre-scene actions. Don't worry, they still count as they move the story along and actually mesh well with the intro and first game post.

But ditching Yahoo is high on my list of things to do this week.

We'll continue there, for now, but hopefully somewhere better soon.

March 10, 2009 01:48AM
Thanks.

Who knew a color stripped Las Vegas could pass as a lunar landscape?

March 10, 2009 02:44AM
Dead Sidekick,

> We have to find somewhere other than Yahoo groups
> to host this game. I'm so mad I could chew
> adamantium into taffy.

This is what Carlos and I came across too, during several efforts in the Earth-009 game. Hence our most recent decision to just put together a website for his game. As I understand it, MythWeavers is a great choice for game hosting as well. Good luck my brother... cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Game Art: Chapter 1 : Round 2
March 14, 2009 07:56AM

The Me-109 descends on its strafing run upon the downed Quinjet as NOMAD, unseen by the others, becomes a cloud of nanobots that enters the fighter plane's interior structure and begins disarm its weapons.

The SWORD sniper Lt. Col. Barrrett, angered by the death of his friend at the hands of this Nazi, takes aim with an experimental rail cannon and precisely nails the pilot through the head with an highly skilled expert shot, his target a mere blur of an outline in an cockpit window of a plane approaching from the black night sky at over 350 mph.

And then Stinger blasts the German plane with a bright blue streak of atomic disrupting plasma, disintegrating the plane...

...with NOMAD inside it.

And Perceptor catches a glimpse of Infinity slipping away as the strange alien called Para Dox begins to explain why the characters gathered here have been brought here from their nullified universes... and that NOMAD is an important piece of the equation...

-----

This game is beautiful. Thanks, players smiling smiley

March 14, 2009 08:39AM
As Stingers Player "Ooops"

March 14, 2009 12:33PM
Gene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As Stingers Player "Ooops"

Dude, you have sooooooooo messed up! LOL, if you wanted the traditional comic book hero vs hero fight its on the way! the finger smiley

Let the good times roll!
March 14, 2009 04:59PM
*Col. Barrett sets up a table pulls out his 4th wall cellphone and starts taking odds like a Las Vegas bookie while he pours himself 4 fingers of Bushmills Green and lights up a stogie.*

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 14, 2009 06:00PM
Mr Happy Wrote:
> Gene Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As Stingers Player "Ooops"
>
>
> Dude, you have sooooooooo messed up! LOL, if you
> wanted the traditional comic book hero vs hero
> fight its on the way! the finger smiley
>
> Let the good times roll!

Marvel Comics Cosmic Law #1 "When heroes first meet, they must fight each other."

DC Comics Cosmic Law #2 "When all else fails, blame the Psycho Pirate."

March 16, 2009 10:29PM
Attention players...

Still waiting for game responses from 5 players. Not sure if they were posted and Yahoo ate them (which is very likely possible, because Yahoo sucks) or you've all abandoned me (I hope not)

Anyway... don't be eaten by a grue!

Post soon, please smiling smiley

March 16, 2009 11:43PM
posted grinning smiley

March 17, 2009 04:57AM
Stingers actions posted.

March 17, 2009 06:57AM
Posted winking smiley
March 17, 2009 10:41AM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> Attention players...
>
> Still waiting for game responses from 5 players.
> Not sure if they were posted and Yahoo ate them
> (which is very likely possible, because Yahoo
> sucks) or you've all abandoned me (I hope not)
>
> Anyway... don't be eaten by a grue!
>
> Post soon, please smiling smiley

Dont be silly man, NOMAD is far to cool to play to abandon your game. And I guess your game is ok too, but its mostly about me! the finger smiley

Posted.
March 17, 2009 11:20AM
Grey Force has posted.

~cypher
March 17, 2009 06:24PM
::puts grues back in their cage::

Thanks, guys. I'll have a new post up for everyone by Wed (tomorrow) night.

Now I gotta go see what you madmen have done.... grinning smiley

ooc notice for Eartyh8603 players
March 21, 2009 01:09PM
The group earth8603 is temporarily unavailable

It's 2009, and Yahoo hasn't figured out how to run a mailing list server yet. They're only around 35 years behind the tech curve.

Please be patient. I'll have another game turn up this coming Wednesday.

Re: ooc notice for Eartyh8603 players
March 21, 2009 03:45PM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> The group earth8603 is temporarily unavailable
>
> It's 2009, and Yahoo hasn't figured out how to run
> a mailing list server yet. They're only around 35
> years behind the tech curve.
>
> Please be patient. I'll have another game turn up
> this coming Wednesday.

Surprised me that I managed to read one of the three newer posts and had it give me that response for the other two. Really annoying on top of everything else.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 21, 2009 04:05PM
I'm just glad it's not just me. Of course, posting was driving me crazy...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 9
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.