The Earth-8603 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Earth-8603 Campaign Thread
March 21, 2009 04:10PM
Moryssa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just glad it's not just me. Of course, posting
> was driving me crazy...

Could be worse; could have been doing a big post and have ended up losing it because of that crash. Hopefully it'll clear up soon enough to still do something this weekend.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 21, 2009 05:19PM
i've tried to post and read but I'm geting problems too...sad smiley

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 21, 2009 05:59PM
If you post just keep refreshing until it goes through. That's what I had to do.
March 22, 2009 01:41AM
To be honest, I've not been experiencing any problems, aside from the odd font alteration occurring when the post goes through smileys with beer
March 22, 2009 05:18AM
Yahoo is really getting under my skin. It ate my last post again.

Gray Force
You land near the Quinjet and hear the French superhero bickering and cursing at the pair of SHIELD agents that must have survived the crash. The tall one with the gun seems to trail the Frenchman with his gun, but seems more interested in his meal.
You feel Consign pulse within you as the Frenchman seems puzzled by your response to him.
[Consign: Exterior logon attempt blocked on port 8604]
From behind you comes a familiar voice, the one who called himself Stinger, now changed in appearance to wearing a beetle-like carapace armor and grown to over 44 feet tall!
And then, you see the silvery figure you though you had seen glinting in the light from the Me-109's cannons earlier, seemingly growing from the ground at Stinger's gigantic feet. A menacing glow shines in its singular wide visor-like optical receptor.
The wind raises in speed, blowing from the western side of the jungle. The ground rumbles a bit beneath your feet.

The vibrations beneath my feet were the least of my problems."Triumph, an unknown parity just attempted to logon to my network. I'm attempting to determine the source." While my words were calm my mind was racing.
Stepping into my own mind space, Consign command prompt. With that I could feel the ship waiting for me to direct her.
Writing a new security firewall on the fly (63 reason, +1 CS with computer skill?)
C:\securtiy.firewall.port8604 execute

Know the fun stuff. I'm hoping the I can trace the ping of port 8604.(WOOT 100%)
C:\tracert.port8604.execute
The Glorious Return smiling smiley
May 10, 2009 10:17PM
I have just posted a new game turn on the Yahoo list, for those who are still with me.

Likely in late June, I'm going to open up slots for a few (undecided number) of new players.

But for now, the current players are about to take a trip through just about every time the Marvel and DC universes have been rebooted, from Crisis to that divergent set of timelines where Mister Immortal played Russian Roulette with the Ultimate Nullifier.

Well, trippy, but not that trippy.

smiling smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
May 14, 2009 08:23AM
I think we've all had a rough month in one form or another, huh? (Hell, I just started relationship therapy!!! :O )

But I am still here - un triomphe! winking smiley
May 14, 2009 10:26AM
Yeah... April / May 2009 will definitely be a long strange interlude in my unwritten autobiography.

Anyway, I'm so ready to game I can taste it, and it uh, tastes like I'm ready to game.

Sword of Crises
June 07, 2009 04:19AM
Throughout the history of the space-time continuum known as Earth-8603, certain cosmological events occured as a result of the interweaving of the Marvel and DC universes at the end of the Crisis on Infinite Earths in which the dual continuities clashed and degenerating timelines were spawned that threatened full multiversal collapse.

It is at these clashing points in history throughout the infinite possible iterations of a Marvel / DC combined universe that reality is most fragile. These are the universes destroyed in the Crisis. The clashing points in their histories are the entry point for the Anti-Monitor's wave of universe destroying anti-matter energy, but also serve as strategic anchor points for fusing the realities together (like the Amalgam universe) or fine-tuning the histories so that they do not contradict in at least one timeline.

The current cast of the Earth-8603 PBEM are at one such point in history, as Marvel's Celestials have arrived to manipulate the DNA of human ancestors (1 million years ago) only to find that DC's White Martians had already manipulated human DNA to prevent them from becoming as powerful as Kryptonians under a yellow sun. The Celestials assault Mars in judgement of their crime, and reality begins to break down as the future that the Celestials cause - the rise of mutants, Eternals, and Deviants on Earth - becomes unlikely. It draws in the obliterating force of the Anti-Matter wave.

Most of the current player characters began in timelines that were obliterated by the Crisis on Infinite Earths as the Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave sliced through the Omniverse. And most of them hail from either Marvel-esque worlds at or around the beginning of Beyonder's Secret Wars or DC-esque worlds around the time the Monitor was setting up dimensional tuning forks to fuse realities together during the Crisis.

The current adventure will conclude and move into the next phase as these player characters from different worlds are interwoven into the prime (well, Earth-8603) reality's history as if they had been a part of it all along, right up until the point where the Secret Wars occur...

...which means, next adventure is on Battleworld - but one in which DC characters are present and "from the same world" as they had been all along.

After the current adventure concludes, I will be offering the current players the opportunity to either continue playing their character in the Secret Wars setting, or taking first pick from the cast of established Marvel or DC superheroes that will be present on Battleworld (details later)

At that time, I will open the game to more players, but I'd rather skip the headache of approving / disapproving new original characters and just go with pre-generated Marvel or DC characters so we can jump right into playing the game on.

Perhaps at a later date I'll open up for original player-created characters, but for now I thought I'd give a head's up on where the game is going, by likely August.

New players interested in grabbing an established Marvel or DC character from the cast I'll provide at that later date should be prepared to show some intimate knowledge (and love) of the character they wish to role-play.

I've already got a fine group of players. I know there's more of y'all out there itching to get in on a Marvel PBEM.

I'll likely have a date for new player recruitment later this month.

June 07, 2009 08:10PM
If that's the case, I first dibs on MARTIAN MANHUNTER winking smiley

Regards,
DogDarko
June 08, 2009 04:54PM
DogDarko Wrote:
> If that's the case, I first dibs on MARTIAN
> MANHUNTER winking smiley
>
> Regards,
> DogDarko

Easy Trigger. Don't encourage dibbing yet winking smiley

But, MM?

Hmmmm.

Current Earth-8603 players
June 18, 2009 05:51AM
New game turn is up, on the yahoo list.

smiling smiley

June 20, 2009 10:18AM
Gotcha! winking smiley Already posted.

Be quick or be dead, people moody smiley
July 16, 2009 12:38AM
Due to extreme lack of player participation and real life impediments on my end, the Earth-8603 game is ended.

I would like to fire up the game again in late August, early September, using established Marvel and DC characters in the Secret Wars modules settings. More details later.

July 16, 2009 04:52PM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> Due to extreme lack of player participation and
> real life impediments on my end, the Earth-8603
> game is ended.
>
> I would like to fire up the game again in late
> August, early September, using established Marvel
> and DC characters in the Secret Wars modules
> settings. More details later.

I've been meaning to apologize for weeks now about my dead air. That unexpected break in May along with the lack of enthusiasm when things restarted just derailed my thoughts and they've been like that ever since. sad smiley Haven't been able to really get going in the last month and a half and trying to figure out why.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 16, 2009 09:19PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Due to extreme lack of player participation and
> > real life impediments on my end, the Earth-8603
> > game is ended.
> >
> > I would like to fire up the game again in late
> > August, early September, using established
> Marvel
> > and DC characters in the Secret Wars modules
> > settings. More details later.
>
> I've been meaning to apologize for weeks now about
> my dead air. That unexpected break in May along
> with the lack of enthusiasm when things restarted
> just derailed my thoughts and they've been like
> that ever since. sad smiley Haven't been able to really
> get going in the last month and a half and trying
> to figure out why.

I appreciate that. It was a good group of players, yourself included. No grudges here. I know the quality of my game content went in the crapper when real life dealt me some dirty cards in May. I can eat blame for that. The month of May 2009 is a chapter in my unwritten biography entitled "What the #*(% was that?"

I hope you'll hop aboard my next attempt at running a game, once I'm squared away with some of the chaos and residual monkey poo flinging of real life over the last couple of months.

July 16, 2009 10:09PM
> I appreciate that. It was a good group of players,
> yourself included. No grudges here. I know the
> quality of my game content went in the crapper
> when real life dealt me some dirty cards in May. I
> can eat blame for that. The month of May 2009 is a
> chapter in my unwritten biography entitled "What
> the #*(% was that?"

I'm glad that at least for what we did manage I acquitted myself well, and hopefully things can pick up again soon for us all.

> I hope you'll hop aboard my next attempt at
> running a game, once I'm squared away with some of
> the chaos and residual monkey poo flinging of real
> life over the last couple of months.

Will see how it goes, as May demonstrated can't be sure of what will come to decide things for you one way or another.

-- Peter David

August 26, 2009 09:11AM
This thread seems pretty dead over the last month. Does this mean the secret wars plan is as well? If it is going to happen, I'd recommend having it happen in a new thread. I thought this thread likely just included updates on the 8063 campaign and was surprised to see it even included a plan to start something else.
August 27, 2009 12:01AM
Memphis Wrote:
> This thread seems pretty dead over the last month.
> Does this mean the secret wars plan is as well?
> If it is going to happen, I'd recommend having it
> happen in a new thread. I thought this thread
> likely just included updates on the 8063 campaign
> and was surprised to see it even included a plan
> to start something else.

Yeah, the thread is pretty dead. I never got my Secret Wars game rolling. I may do it in the future.

Currently, I am a co-Judge in a casual forum-based game now (see MSHG site thread by TasK) that's just getting started that will have a similar Marvel / DC combined world theme to it. To give an idea of where that setting takes place, Superman just left Captain Mar-Vell's funeral, the X-Men are coming off a team up with the Teen Titans and the "God Loves, Man Kills" storyline. Roughly a cross between Marvel storylines circa 1982 - 1983 and DC storylines circa 1990 - 1992. We're allowing people to take up regular Marvel or DC characters first come first serve, rather than creating a character (though you can do that if you want, of course.)

Enough to get your RPG fix smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.