The Earth-1927B Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
The Earth-1927B Campaign Thread
January 13, 2009 04:39PM
Judge: StormTigger

Player Slots Filled: 10 of 10

Campaign Links: [groups.yahoo.com]

Game World Overview: Earth 1927-B, also known as Ultimate StormEarth, is a world of where the forces of magic and science have forced the next step of genetic evolution. A place where exist not only every day people, but also those with fantastic powers and horrid mutations.

In this RPG, YOU will be playing a character of YOUR creation who will be a member of Stryke Force, a Hero for Hire type team. This is not the X-men. This is not JLA. Its a new world where these characters exist only in the comics. Your actions will shape this world, but will you create a haven safe for Man and Power (SE term for mutant), or a world where hate and fear reign supreme.

StormEarth is presently set when Human/Power relations are starting to reach an all time low. An attack by foreign terrorist Powers destroyed the Twin Towers in New York, caused the public to cry out for protection. The governments reaction introduced the Power Registration Act, requiring those gifted w/ extra-ordinary abilities to ID themselves. The reaction by Powers was as varied as their abilities. Some went into hiding, some accepted the PRA registered themselves and accepted various positions. Others fearing the return of the camps exposed in the famed Area 52 nearly a decade prior fled to Haven, Kiritimati Island, or the space station Atomica. Yet others decided to use this as an excuse to rebel and attempted to simply cause destrution or claim dominance over the Norms.

You are a member of Stryke Force a subteam of Power Stryke,a group that appears to have fractured during the time of the PRA. You have decided (been choosen?) to register and remain on within the USA. While you have ties to the government you have managed to remain more private citizens using your abilities to demonstarte to Norms that not all Powers are out to destroy or conquer.

Present game starts w/Post 1021,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 05:36PM by The Last Duskblade.
Re: The Earth-1927B Campaign Thread
January 20, 2009 04:33PM
Do we have to join the group to observe the game? Is there some way of doing that without the ability to post messages there and thereby interphere with the game?
January 20, 2009 07:31PM
Hi there Mr Happy.

As of right now you have to join the game in order to watch. You are welcome to join as an observer, we don't mind the audience and I don't mind comments on occasion. We are a pretty 'laxed group it's all just about having fun.

StormTigger/Teller
(PowerStryke - GM)
StormEarth - looking for new players
September 22, 2008 10:02AM
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum's, but been using Classic Marvel as a resource for years. Anyway I am currently GM'ing a game that I've been GM'ing off and on for years and I'm in need of 2 - 3 additional players. The world/universe the game is set in is one of my own creation with ideas ... borrowed from various sources (so depending on what you've ready you'll see some similarities here and there), the most noticible of course being the Marvel Universe. The present incarnation of the game has been going on since Feb w/ a cuple month pause do to real life drama. I've recently lost 1 player due to illness, and 2 more are unreliable. I'm looking to beef up the team with players who can post at least once a week.

StormEarth is a world that has only recently realized the presence of people being born w/ extra-ordinary abilities. The 1st mutant, or PowerNorm (Power for short) as they are called on StormEarth was made public about 10yrs ago. Since then the world, (our focus is on the USA) has rapidly tried to adapt to the existance of people with great personal power.

"StormEarth is presently set when Human/Power relations are starting to reach an all time low. An attack by foreign terrorist Powers destroyed the Twin Towers in New York, caused the public to cry out for protection. The governments reaction introduced the Power Registration Act (PRA), requiring those gifted w/ extra-ordinary abilities to ID themselves. The reaction by Powers was as varied as their abilities. Some went into hiding, some accepted the PRA registered themselves and accepted various positions. Others fearing the return of the camps exposed in the famed Area 52 nearly a decade prior fled to Haven, Kiritimati Island, or the space station Atomica. Yet others decided to use this as an excuse to rebel and attempted to simply cause destrution or claim dominance over the Norms.

You will be a member of Stryke Force a subteam of Power Stryke (SE's Avenger team),a group that appears to have fractured during the time of the PRA. You have decided (been choosen?) to register and remain on within the USA. While you have ties to the government you have managed to remain more private citizens using your abilities to demonstarte to Norms that not all Powers are out to destroy or conquer." - taken from yahoo group page.

PC's should be orginal characters. I'm using a 300 point base to build characters (creation rules are emailed when you join the group), using the Classic Marvel Advance rules and the UPB, however I am more interested in interesting characters then points. Interesting charcters do not mean all powerful. If you can back-hand Thor into next week, your character will be rejected. I'm looking for power levels around Spiderman or The X-men before they got revamped and Beast looks like a cat and Emma gained a diamond form (I know Phoenix is in there, but she's to powerful too). Players need to be able to post at least once a week - I understand real life can interfer w/ this sometimes, but if you can't post once a week, or at least send a note that says "Hey I'm going to be out for a couple weeks cuz of ____" then don't bother joining.

Any questions, comments, etc please let me know. I'm always looking for ways to enhance my game so spectators are also always welcome.

Thanks!

StormTigger/StormTeller
[groups.yahoo.com]
Re: StormEarth - looking for new players
September 22, 2008 07:11PM
i'm one of the players, and I can say, I'm enjoying the game very well.

so I can suggest those who have time and mood to play, to join our StrykeForce smiling smiley
November 17, 2008 05:35AM
How about an update for the happenings of this campaign? Judges or Players, let us know how it's going over there. the finger smiley We're curious.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
November 17, 2008 01:34PM
I'd be up for playing. My current online game posts once a day so once a week won't be a problem.

~cypher
November 17, 2008 07:55PM
hoi!

updates? well, the party is done with their first major combat scene, where some anti-power terrorists ambushed them. we won, but we lost 2 PC, because their players didn't post long time...
We have 1 new member-candidate, but he didn't post since 2 weeks, too...

so we are waiting... sad smiley

but when the game is on, it is good smiling smiley

Dae
November 18, 2008 04:19PM
INteresting, I may take a look. Always make mine Marvel. tongue sticking out smiley
December 08, 2008 11:26AM
Just want to say thank you to all those who expressed interest in my game. I now have 8 - 10 players that I am presently working w/ so I am no longer taking new character submissions. I invite everyone to come and read to see what's going on, also if you want to play an NPC to help out of beat up on the characters please let me know. While I'm not running a villians' storyline if you would like to run/take over an NPC I will welcome the help (it's always nice to get a little varitey in a fight).

For those of you interested in what's going on I'm adding a small news report here, and I'll try to get a more detailed summary up later.

Thanks again!
StormTigger

PowerStryke

--------------------New Report-----------------------------

"Genocide, the anti-power group most known for their violent attacks,
and Strkye Force, the newest established private and publicly funded
Power group clashed this afternoon in the parking lot of the
Alexandria courthouse. Strkye Force was schedule to appear at the
courthouse for a press conference, but shortly after their arrival in
the parking lot the battle broke out. A few wittnesses claim that
Genocide was only acting to protect protestors the Stryke Force
opennly attacked, however video footage released shows Stryke Force
getting out of their car just moments before a missile explodes in
front of them.

Strkye Force managed to contain the battle to the parking lot using a
quickly erected earthen wall, and while damage should have been in
the hundreds of thousands of dollars, most was repaired on the spot
by Stryke Force member Kab. None of the injuries to Genocide members
where reported as serious, although Spark of Stryke Force was rushed
away in an ambulance after saving two EMT's when Genocide members
attempted an escape. The escape was thwarted and the Genocide
memebers where taken into custody by the police.

No names have been released of the members of Genocide. The members
of Stryke Force that where on the scene where Spark, Ice, Kab, and
Tempest, there was no sign of the reported fifth member of the team
Word, but two other as of yet unidentified Powers where also on the
scene."
April 29, 2009 09:04AM
StormEarth (Earth-1927cool smiley Update

StormEarth and the adventures of Power Stryke had been put on hold for a time as life decided to step in and demand my full attention. Now that things have settled back down we are up and running again. Not much to update as of yet so I’d thought I’d post team roster.

Stryke Force Roster (Alpha order)

Goliath
- Stryke Force team leader (?)
- Power: Solar-powered strong man
- Former para-military (USA)
- Note: Just wants to do good, and make ends meet.

Ice
- Reserve member of Power Stryke
- Power: Ice/Magnetism Plasma generation
- Former para-military (Russia)
- Note: Uses an ice cold exterior to hide a broken heart.

Kab
- Ore-finder engineer/Former solo operative
- Power: Earth/Matter shaper
- Note: typical “nice guy” w/ an impulsive streak.

Spark
- Reserve member of Power Stryke
- Stryke Force team leader — in recovery from injuries
- Power: Electrical/Light plasmoid generation/control
- Former street thief (for survival only)
- Note: Heart of the team, what she lacks in self-confidence she more then makes up for in drive. “Little fun bundle of energy.”

Tempest
- No previous active adventuring experience
- Stryke Force - in charge of team PR
- Power: Highly localized environmental control
- Note: High profile Power-Norm political activist/Power advocate turned adventurer

Word
- Illegal solo adventurer (vigilantly status)
- Stryke Force — 2nd in Command, team translator
- Power: Linguist who’s discovered the true power of the spoken word — Primary manifestation: Light Control/Generation.
- Note: Former UN translator

Potential Members (PC’s — not presently a member of the team)

Scry
- No official/documented adventuring experience
- Power: Bi-Form, Powered form, Faerie w/ organic and mechanical sensory manipulation
- Note: Student — appears to be target for Genocide

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.