The Earth-740 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
The Earth-740 Campaign Thread
February 12, 2009 09:45AM
Judge: Man of Tomorrow

Player Slots Filled: 8 of 8

Campaign Links: N/A This is a tabletop game.

Game World Overview: First is our team. We chose the name "Super Best Friends" as a tribute to the good ol'days and to represent our level of abilitys. it's a twenty person team consisting of 10 Marvel and 10 DC characters. We operate outside of a Justice League-like watchtower in Earth's orbit above our league building which is for most purposes the Avengers H.Q. the roster is in no order:

1.Superman
2.Silversurfer
3.Captain Marvel
4.Thor
5.Flash
6.Doctor Strange
7.Hal Jordan
8.Gladiator
9.Batman
10.Hulk
11.Wonder Woman
12.Iron Man
13.Lobo*
14.Magneto*
15.Doctor Fate
16.Reed Richards
17.Martian Manhunter
18.Phoenix
19.Captain Atom
20.Black Bolt

Our major city is "New Megatropolis"(new york meets metropolis meets mega)and our world works on the idea that both the Marvel and DC characters have always lived on this Earth(we just don't deal with things like "well where was this character when that happend" because it takes away from the fun)

Character Creation Guidelines: This campaign deals strictly in the use of established Marvel and DC characters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 05:35PM by The Last Duskblade.
Earth-740
February 11, 2009 02:08PM
For years my friends and i have been avid rpg gamers playing mostly d&d but we have always loved superheroes and we had been looking at this particular site for quite some time before we finally mustered up the strength to start a marvel superheroes campaign and boy oh boy how fun it has been. We started off trying to get the "feel" of it by playing Day of the Octopus, then we did a really fun and longggggggg session where we had to fight about 20 spiderman villains at once(our team was never in danger we just wanted to get a real good feel for combat) then we fought some nicely powered foes in the form of all the heralds of galactus minus the silver surfer(he's on our team). But now we have begun the ME series with cosmos cubed, it has been a blast. My real reason for this post however is to get some feed back on how we chose to do a few things like our team setup and exactly how our world (Earth-740)works.

First is our team. We chose the name "Super Best Friends" as a tribute to the good ol'days and to represent our level of abilitys. it's a twenty person team consisting of 10 marvel and 10 dc characters. we operate outside of a justice league like watch tower in earth's orbit above our league building which is for most purposes the avengers H.Q. the roster is in no order.
1.Superman
2.Silversurfer
3.Captain Marvel
4.Thor
5.Flash
6.Doctor Strange
7.Hal Jordan
8.Gladiator
9.Batman
10.Hulk
11.Wonder Woman
12.Iron Man
13.Lobo*
14.Magneto*
15.Doctor Fate
16.Reed Richards
17.Martian Manhunter
18.Phoenix
19.Captain Atom
20.Black Bolt

*we figured a villan turned "good" from each universe would be cool.

our major city is "New Megatropolis"(new york meets metropolis meets mega)and our world works on the idea that both the marvel and dc characters have always lived on this earth( we just don't deal with things like "well where was this character when that happend" because it takes away from the fun)
i would really like to answer any questions anyone may have,and thank you guys for running such a great site I appreciate it.
Re: Earth-740
February 11, 2009 02:18PM
Are you using these 20 guys to play the ME Cosmic Cube series? They would have no problems at all.

February 11, 2009 02:24PM
Nice to see other folks enjoy mixing Marvel and DC as well (our tabletop game mixes bits of the two, tho our team is Young Justice, sort of the Avengers / JLA 'farm team' winking smiley )

Quite the lineup for your team. Must make the villains wet themselves to hear "The Super Best Friends would like to have a chat with you.." tongue sticking out smiley
February 11, 2009 02:25PM
these are the characters that we can choose from but we generally only have about 4-6 players at a time, although with superman, captain marvel, hal jordan, silver surfer, thor, and flash we made a guy whose name starts with an "E" and ends with "O" look like a fool in about 4 rounds.
February 11, 2009 02:51PM
Wow, Batman and Reed seem a little out of their league in that lineup, power-wise.
February 11, 2009 04:19PM
Yes power-wise they are a little bit behind. But it is all about the power of their minds. Besides they are just really just in there for some flavor.
February 11, 2009 07:18PM
Looks like you have a fun game.
February 11, 2009 08:21PM
Is this a game you're going to run online as a play-by-post?

There's a few of us around here running or about to run games, including myself. Check out the campaigns forum.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
February 12, 2009 05:24AM
No this is a game that some friends are playing and I are playing here at home. I just just figured we could get some good advice from some experienced players. Any advice is appreciated.
February 12, 2009 05:52AM
Do you really have 20 players? If so, how do you handle so many?
February 12, 2009 06:17AM
we have about 8 players only about 4 to 6 of which make it to game night. the usual team line up is Supes, Surfer, Marvel, GL, Flash, and Thor but it does vary.
Re: The Earth-740 Campaign Thread
February 19, 2009 10:28AM
THIS IS A SPOILER FOR THE MODULE ~COSMOS CUBED~ THANK YOU

SPOILER

After the heroes were summoned by Uatu the watcher they were sent to investigate the planetoid and stumbled on the people known as the Oolafat and were takin in by their "hospitality" after which they went to investigate the crashed skrull ship and found it suspicions that vines had grown over a newly crashed ship. After investigating the ship and defeating the ghostly skrulls they learned that a kree ship was being followed by this ship in an attempt to retrieve a cosmic cube the kree had made. the ship then crashed on a uncharted planet that appeared out of nowhere. suspecting the worst the silver surfer and captain marvel used their cosmic awareness and discoverd that it was in fact Ego on which they stood. Ego attacked as did the heroes. Superman made a charge attack from space that cracked through to Egos black core, Green lantern made a giant spike that thor drove into the wound with his hammer, then with marvel's assistance they pried Ego open and the Gladiator threw an asteroid into his heart as the Surfer plied it on with some magnificent cosmic beams. Ego was unprepared for the heroes and lost in four rounds with no successful attacks on his side as he was stunned from the get-go. the heroes refused his offer to give him the cosmic cube and trveled on to the crashed kree ship. there they found a battle between kree and skrull. the Flash grabed green lantern and ran in to search the kree ship in super speed and they stumbled apon a kree warrior holding a glowing cube. faster than lightning flash and lantern robbed him of his kinetic energy and tried to contain the cube in a lantern orb but it wisked away. the battle was stopped after the super kree was easily defeated and superman found a time-bomb on the field and threw it into space. they allowed the kree and skrull to escape and were then contacted by the Grand Master and "Uatu". the Grand Master told them of his game for the cosmic cube pitting the heroes against the inhuman royal family and they would be "Uatu's" champions. suspecting a ruse superman deduced that this Uatu was a fake and they left the grandmasters presence to go to the real Uatu. After speaking with him and clearing things up they decided the best course of action was to play along with the game until they had the cube then they would destroy it. As Black Bolt was a member of their team they contacted him via the watch tower computer and spoke to him and his wife medusa. as they were discussing the matter an explosion took place on the inhumans side the heroes said they would be right there to help and they rushed off to attilan.

thats all for now. the adventures of "The Super Best Friends" will continue next time on classicmarvelforever.com!

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
February 22, 2009 12:53AM
Spoiler

Holy crap! Ego got owned! Man my players had such a rough time with him when I ran this module, they were totally fooled by the planets "inhabitants".
March 19, 2009 08:33PM

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
March 19, 2009 08:39PM
Sweet! the finger smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
March 24, 2009 09:32AM
here's a better one

March 27, 2009 08:34PM
They're really not best friends though, are they?

I'd hope Hulk and Lobo would break stuff in the Hall o' Justice over each other's head occasionally.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
March 27, 2009 11:23PM
they are best friends

and the do break stuff over each others heads

but it's just for funsmiling bouncing smiley

April 02, 2009 01:08PM
The Man of Tomorrow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are best friends
>
> and the do break stuff over each others heads
>
> but it's just for funsmiling bouncing smiley

I can actually see that happening.
May 19, 2013 04:33PM
My playgroup has been discussing reving this campaign back up. We will most likely be doing an origins theme, delving into how the team was formed and fleshing out the back stories for the 740 versions of these iconic heroes. Can't wait. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 9
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.