ideas for a battle scenario

Posted by x-13 
ideas for a battle scenario
June 21, 2012 04:40AM
Trying to think of a good scenario for a team consisting of rouge shehulk and animal man. I just want to run a single scenario but am having trouble with an idea. I was going to have them infultrate a mansion full of sentinels but two of them are just to tough for that. Does anybody have any good ideas for a fight that will challenge and not be to simple?
Re: ideas for a battle scenario
June 21, 2012 11:18AM
Who else is on the team? Is this just a one shot?Does it have to be a mansion?
Off the top of my head I would have a new butler in the mansion- who is really the Hulk or Werewolf by Night-! Effect their environment put them in the dark, or set the building on fire,have a massive lightning storm in the background...add bystanders..

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
June 21, 2012 11:24AM
Just those three and yes its just a one shot. I like the werewolf idea. My major issue was that sentinels are no match for rouge and she hulk. I do want it in a mansion and i like the idea about setting it on fire. Only worry i have still is can werewolvs stand vs these tough women?
June 21, 2012 08:20PM
The Mansion Encounter :

SUMMARY: The heroes encounter a young
that needs help-or do they?

SET-UP: Traveling in a rural part of the country
the heroes notices a young woman wandering half naked
and bloody in the road (run this at night-)

ADVENTURE: If they investigate, the
young woman says she is having trouble finding her way home.
She has no idea who she is or how she got so bloody. She then passes
out and into a comma

(if the players have a way to check-have them make a feat roll- the blood is not all hers.
It is all human and various blood types)
(if the heroes have a way to track her path she came from the west)

The woman has IV tubes still in her arm (note the needle is made out of Adamantium shh tell only if the players ask) , dressed in a torn "johnny gown"
and a red, plastic medical, ID braclet on her wrist. There is no name
but a ID. number and an address. The address is only about a mile away to the west.

(If the players have a way to check the address it is the Brookmore Recovery Center
for addicts-do not give them this freely)

If the players contact the police or 911 -they will send an ambulance to and have orders
bring her to the Brookmore Recovery Center. They ask the heroes come along for statements.
(note: the ambulance or police make no mention of this woman being reported missing)

If they just take her themselves to the Brookmore Recovery Center-that is fine too.

Upon arriving at the Center the heroes see the front doors torn off the hindges and
the bodies of dozens people torn apart litter the front grounds !
Suddenly the heroes find themselves surrounded by a half dozen Alpha Class Dreadnaughts (2 per hero)

"Engage " says a man's voice (Lester Williams) over a loudspeaker. The robots move in !

The robots want to contain the girl if, anyone gets in the way they try to stop them. After one of the robots falls
Mary eyes open and she wildly attack one of the heroes from behind.

If the heroes do not fight the robots (maybe on a hunch) and let them contain the girl
Mary eyes still open and she still wildly attacks one of the heroes from behind.

OK-here is what is up:
the female: is Mary MacPherran AKA Titania- who has been held for the last year at the Brookmore Recovery Center (which is really a superhuman detention center).
Her cell needed maintence so she was heavily drugged and was to be transported to another cell. Despite this, two hours ago she was able to break and kill everyone in her path and escape.
She got a mile away before the drugs took there toll on her. Since then Lester Williams, Head of Security has been able to activate the Warden Class Dreadnaughts.

AFTERMATH: No matter what happens, once Titanaia is defeated, Lester Williams speaks with the hereoes via loudspeaker and instead of praise tells them to move on that this is no place for "civilians". If they refuse he sends another wave of Dreadnaughts after them.

Titania

Mary MacPherran

Fighting: Amazing
Agility: Good
Strength: Unearthly
Endurance:Monstrous
Reason: Good
Intuition: Good
Psyche: Good

Health 235
Karma 30
Resources Typical
Popularity -5

Powers

Body Resistance: Monstrous protection against physical and energy damage
Resistances: Amazing protection from Heat, Fire, Cold, Corrosives, Disease.

Dreadnaughts, Warden Class

Fighting: Remarkable
Agility: Excellent
Strength: Monstrous
Endurance: Monstrous
Reason Feeble
Intuition Excellent
Psyche Feeble

Health: 200
Karma Not Applicable
Resources Not Applicable
Popularity Not Applicable

Powers

Body Armor: Incredible vs. physical, Remarkable vs. energy.
Resistances: Monstrous vs. Cold, Heat, and Radiation.
Invulnerabilities: Class 1000 vs. Mental and Illusory Attacks
Gauntlet Flamethrowers: Incredible fire damage, 1-area range, 6-shot payload
Knuckle Spikes: Typical Shooting damage, 4-area range, 8-shot payload
Electrical Field: Unearthly electrical damage, contact range
Gamma-Ray Eyebeams: Incredible intensity, 3-area range
Freon Mouth Dispenser: Unearthly cold, 2-area range, 2-round reload time
Flight: Poor air speed
Weapon: The Dreadnaughts have been each given rods of
Adamantium which they use as clubs. They do +1CS damage

Talents

Martial Arts B (programmed), Blunt Weapons (programmed)

Lester Williams- Head of Security of Brookmore Recovery Center

Fighting: Good
Agility: Good
Strength: Good
Endurance:Good
Reason: Good
Intuition: Good
Psyche: Good

Health: 40
Resources: Good
Popularity 0

Talents: Security, Guns
Contacts: Various Military and Government

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
June 22, 2012 03:39AM
Thats not a bad scene. I think I might use that with a couple tweeks. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.