Looking for Players

Posted by Memphis 
Looking for Players
November 24, 2012 05:22PM
I'm looking at starting a new online game at [mshg.proboards.com]

We've had a couple of long running games on the site, that I've been a player in, but I recently got permission to start my own. I'm looking to really get back to basics with the game, so here is some of the intro info from the first post. I will be posting setting information soon, but wanted to get a level of interest.

1) I'm going to run things strictly Marvel. I'm going to be ignoring the existence of the DC crossover stuff. The setting will be Memphis, TN, so that will let us get out of where all the crossover stuff normally would happen anyway. Setting things in the south should give the game a bit more laid back feel than the standard New York setting, being away from most of the heroes that save the day most of the time.

2) I want to get back to silver age style heroes. No assissins or killers. Karma will go down the drains for the whole group with killings.

3) I want to get back to the street level. The plot won't be cosmic, dimensional, etc. Although there will be overall plots running, day to day operations will be getting back to bank heists, street gangs, and simpler crimes. As a result, I'll be looking for more "street level" type heroes, who are more gimicky than powerful.
Re: Looking for Players
November 25, 2012 09:57AM
Already have a first character submission.
November 25, 2012 12:43PM
How will you be handling character creation?

November 25, 2012 07:43PM
Although I'm a fan of point systems, I'm not planning on using one. Players are modelling characters. Two submissions so far, with character art up for a third, so looks like we'll have some heroes up and running pretty quickly, so I'll hopefully get things kicked off in the next week or so. Leading up to that, I'll be posting a thread of newspapers to help with establishing the setting.
November 26, 2012 05:57AM
So what are the character creation rules then if not a point buy system?

May 30, 2013 05:26PM
Wow has it really been this long since I checked this thread?

Players modeled the characters. We are playing at a street level campaign, so judges approval definitely applies. (Still a good time to join if anyone else wants in. We have started, but got slowed down early due to me switching jobs, so we aren't near as far as I'd hoped at this point. I do have some awesome assets to draw from for the game now though.)

I think the level to think about is if the Beetle wouldn't be challenging, you probably are way too powerful for this game. (There are a lot of custom NPC heroes and villains that the Beetle would school soundly.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.