game interest?

Posted by Chronomancer 
Re: game interest?
April 21, 2014 05:53AM
I will work up a couple and shoot them past you.

Thanks
April 21, 2014 10:20AM
Not a problem. It is after all what I am here for
April 21, 2014 04:39PM
An update and bit of game background....

In this world, a secret war has been raging for centuries between various forces. At one point, in the past dimensional gates were much much weaker than they are now, and the Earth was invaded by other dimensional entities. This is where our myths of ancient gods and monsters come from. During the ancient wars, the other dimensional beings used earth as a battle ground, and experimented geneticaly on our species. After a time the dimensional barriers strengthened, and some of the warriors from both factions got stuck here on earth. Some are protectors, others are oppressors. There are rumors and hints though that the dimensional barriers are beginning to weaken, and the war might start anew out in the open this time. As this is the case, both sides are beginning to gather thier forces for the upcoming battle.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
April 21, 2014 04:47PM
Any time table on this thing starting? Is it on a message board, yahoo groups type thing, etc?

April 21, 2014 05:04PM
I was hoping this friday initially but i have not gotten my motherboard back from the manufacturer yet. I am contacting them tomorrow to see where it is as the tracking number they gave me for it seem to not work so i don't know where it is as of yet. It was shipped to me last wed/thurs. Or so the RMA said, but things could have been delayed due to easter weekend.

That being said. If all goes well, and i get my motherboard tomorrow or wednesnday, game will start, and first posts will be written as of friday may the second. I hope to be writing posts a minimum of twice a week. On wed. and Sat. As long as there are posts for me to respond to.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
April 21, 2014 05:52PM
Just to keep the character generation rules fresh so everyone can see and doesnt have to go scrounging for them...

Use the upb, phb and utb for character creation as well as the weapons locker. If you as a character have immortalit or longetivity as a power, please limit your age to no more than 200 years of age (well born in say 1800 at the earliest). Oh amd no powers above Mn rank please. Abilities can be above Mn but no more than 1 ability at Un rank and no morre than 2 abilities at Mn rank ( that makes it 1 Un and 2 Mn maximum). No Thor or Hercules health characters walking around with 320 health, or 250 karma ( health and karma will be capped at 75% of maximum alowable abilities that is 300 health and 225 karma). Powers with ranges will be limited to the lower column tables as well (no life detection powers with 2.5 billion mile ranges. This is because the campaign will be held on earth and you dont need to be on earth and detect lifr on saturn.
As an additiona addendum to talents, use the powers rolled table for talents in the U.P.B. as a guideline for how many talents you have (i.e maximum of 18 talents for your character)

Thanks again everyone who has shown interest.

April 21, 2014 06:16PM
In case you do start the game this weekend, I'll be out of town so either Sunday evening or next week I'll post. Where is the game being hosted at?

April 21, 2014 06:19PM
I am very strongly considering the mythweavers forum. I know how it is set up and how things kinda work there, plus i already have an account there and one of the players interested in the game is also a member there.

April 23, 2014 04:00AM
Again for character creation, if you want to role for everything then by all means role, i just want you fellows to be able to play the characters that you want to play, not one that is forced on you by rolls.

As a recap from the first page...

I trust you guys to roll up what you want with the caveat that i may knock back a sat or two if i feel that the rolls or powers were nerfed.To me character concept and story are more important than numbers. As long as you have a solid idea of character concept and background and who you are playing is im fine with that. There have even been times where i have raised a players powers or stats to suit more in with the character concept if i felt they needed it... i'm pretty relaxed like that.

To me story has always taken priority over power levels (or ammounts) just remember that when crearing a character, you moght eventually be in a team so having a pc that does everything kinda limits group dynamics.

April 23, 2014 04:03AM
And Ty, sorry for not getting back to you on your character critique wise. I will attempt to do that with all characters today. I will be going to the library and hardcopying files so that i can print them out and edit/make notes over the next few daays. And give everyone feed back as i do my due dilligence and see whst everyone has brought to the table.

April 23, 2014 06:42AM
One other thing of note for everyone.

On the off chance that you have too many powers or abilities or talents, and we need to cut a few, i would lik you to list in orde of importance the powers /talents most vital to your character concept.

So for example say i was playing a tank. My powers could be, immovability, true invulnerability, density manipulation, iron will, regeneration, magical resistance, mental invisibility, hyper strengh.

In order of importance i could list them as thus.
1.True invulnerability, 2. Magical resistance, 3.Mental invisibility 4. Hyper strength, 5. Regeneration, 6. Iron will, 7. Densit manipulation, 8. Immovability.

That way if say, the density manipulation and the immovability were dropped then i still have a good solid tank. (Now if most of thr powers for said tank were based off of the density manipulation as powerstunts, then the density manipulationy would be the first power listed. And the stunts would follow as such..

1. Density manipulation: Stunts. A. True invulnerability, B. Hyper strength, C. Immovability. 2. Magical resistance, 3. Mental invisibility.... and the same as above.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

April 23, 2014 12:01PM
Ok update...

My Motherboard came in today, but I was at a career training session so I missed the drop off. I will be picking the motherboard up tomorrow and dropping the computer off to be assembled tomorrow. I don't know how long the shop will take but hopefully not more than a few days.

Re: Do you want some extra karma?
April 23, 2014 12:15PM
Ok most of you who know me know that I consider myself computer illiterate (i.e. not an expert...) being that as it may, I might need help moddifying and editing game maps with locations and the like, or finding and posting maps and such.

Typical game things to be posted on line that I may not feel comfortable doing with my skill level, (or that someone else could do at a much faster rate.) with. That being the case, if there are multiple parties interested, they assignments (when the ocur0 will be on a rotating basis, (and hopefully for threads other than the ones that you are currently in...).

Even if say, one could post idiot (i.e. Chrono) proof tutorial instructions that would still count towards extra Karma.

April 24, 2014 09:59AM
The computer is in the shop and assembled. The gentleman is now installing the appropriate programs. Count down to computer being back home is commencing. I figure it will be definitely be done by monday at the latest.

April 24, 2014 12:04PM
By the way, thanks for keeping us all updated on the status of the game. smiling smiley
April 24, 2014 12:20PM
Not a problem. I know how it is wanting to join and play in a game and not knowing how the game is going, and being held in limbo.

April 25, 2014 10:50AM
Ok. Just got the call, the computer is ready i am heading off to pick it up now. And i will be back on later on tonight with a fixed computer so i can start getting the game ready.

April 25, 2014 01:49PM
ok the computer is finally home and daddy is happy grinning smiley

when all characters are in, I will be posting all characters at one place so that everyone can see each others posts then give a couple days for modification and revision (for your character) if you want and need it.

May 01, 2014 08:38AM
sorry everyone I've been sick the past couple of days. still under the weather. let mehave a few days to get better and we can (hopefully) start nexxt week on Friday

May 06, 2014 02:24AM
Thanks. Hope you feel better.
May 06, 2014 01:45PM
ok so I have set up the game on the myth weavers website for the campaign. (still getting used to everything...) and I will be posting game information there, and any questions you have, just ask them there please grinning smiley

May 06, 2014 02:28PM
... Realized that I forgot to post the link to the Myth-weavers website.

[www.myth-weavers.com]

That should help. for those of you who don't have a myth-weavers account, it might be a good idea to get one if you want to play tongue sticking out smiley

May 19, 2014 05:51PM
i have begun to post the characters that I have received on the myth-weavers site in preparation for game.

June 04, 2014 05:56PM
Ok only one more Player to post for the game. Submissions are stll open but game will be starting as of This Friday June 6th.

(Yeah I know I'm about a month late, but hopefully better late than never.)

June 06, 2014 09:07AM
O will be starting game tonight. I just have one question for those who are in the game. Do you want Private posts where only you and I can post and read? or would you like to read other peoples posts before we Merge threads?

June 06, 2014 08:57PM
Hmmmm, seems that Myth-Weavers password recovery thing is broken, as I've tried at least 50 times to recover my password and it always tells me I'm wrong no matter how obviously right I had to be.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 06, 2014 09:15PM
First posts are up in the Main threads section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 09:17PM by Chronomancer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.