Marvel Fantasy setting

Posted by Grodd1016 
Marvel Fantasy setting
July 02, 2014 11:21AM
I'm going to run a Marvel game set in a fantasy world for some friends. Is there any good refernce material available? I was trying to figure out the best way to work out swords vs armor or Body Armor.

My thoughts were to make Body Armor similar to magic armor, and limit its power rank to Remarkable. I'm afraid this will pretty much negate anyone attacking the PC with a regular sword.

Thanks
Re: Marvel Fantasy setting
July 03, 2014 08:30AM
Why don't you give Armor hit points, so when it takes damage it is deducted from the armor, and when its gone the hero starts losing his/her own hit points. Otherwise, its just taking regular damage all day long with no consequences. Just look a Iron Man's armor in any of his movies, it is trashed after a good battle.
July 03, 2014 02:10PM
There's always Bullseye results to hit vulnerable spots. Medieval armor has many open spots.

Also, the Black Knight's full suit of (modern) chain mail provides Good protection. That seems reasonable for Chain. Maybe make Plate Excellent Body Armor and then reserve the rank of Remarkable for truly rare or magical armor.

July 03, 2014 02:36PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Would the material strength of the sword destroy the armor? So a steel sword with material strength of EX vs chainmail of GD. One hit and their chainmail is gone. I guess I could just say the damage that exceeds the material strength of the armor carries over.

We are playing this Sunday, I'll give it a try and see what works.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.