Earth-009 Nostalgia

Posted by Tavish 
Earth-009 Nostalgia
February 28, 2015 10:02AM
Greetings~!

My names Mike, and some years back there was a Campaign started known as Earth-009, and there were a bunch of people involved. Don't know if many (or any) of you are still around, but on a whim, I found myself retreading old internet ground and I ended up on the Elysium City forum. I read through some of the old stuff we wrote and it was pretty damn awesome. I guess I'm just sending out this and seeing how you're all doing! II know it's been like four years since the game stopped, but I still felt inclined to post this~!

- Vitas
Re: Earth-009 Nostalgia
February 28, 2015 01:03PM
I have very fond memories of Earth-009, both Elysium City and Carlos' older Q-Class game with the X-Men. Several of the NPCs and incidents from those games still burn bright in my memory. Longshadow/Adam (my old Q-Class character) and Obsidian/Kyle (from Elysium City) both live on in AU forms in my homegrown game, as well as having made cameos in some other online games I've been in. And of course, Kyle's beloved sister Jennie is never too far from his side. winking smiley
February 28, 2015 01:09PM
I was in the old Q-Class game...Nightstar was my character.

February 28, 2015 01:13PM
Same with me~! Though Vitas in that form doesn't really find his way into any stories I do, aspects of him do. I've made several variations of him since the game ended. It' because of him my second favorite color is green~ Haha

I do miss that story. I always wonder what would have come next. Also I wish I was as experienced at writing then as I am now. winking smiley
February 28, 2015 05:20PM
I remember our wonderful healer doc, Vitas grinning smiley Always enjoyed reading your posts for him. smiling smiley
March 01, 2015 03:18AM
Miss Carlos' games a lot. I wasn't in the first early X-Men game, but played Elysium City and then his DC Universe game that just stopped with no explanation.

March 02, 2015 12:48AM
Would have been nice having been able to continue on in that game after being in the original one that started it off.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 14, 2017 08:20PM
tystates
Miss Carlos' games a lot. I wasn't in the first early X-Men game, but played Elysium City and then his DC Universe game that just stopped with no explanation.

I was about to join that DC game! I'd just had my character approved and them BAM, all communication stopped. Guess that be when the game ended. Carlos has never talked to me since, can't help but wonder what happened to him.

In the Q Class game I played my favorite Mr Happy, and in Elysium City Id just gotten a few posts in as Godzilla (yes Godzilla). I was also in the solo game Journey Into Mystery as my character Boneyard (who has since been renamed Bone Walker). Still the best RPGs I ever played and they had a big influence on my writing and play style. Not to mention I was going through a terrible chronic ailment at the time. Those games helped me retain my sanity when all I really wanted to do was die because my pain was so severe.

I sure miss Los and those games and everyone else. It's a shame the plug got pulled. I'd have preferred if we could have just taken an extended break for a while to let Los recharge. I know he was running a lot of games at once. But I especially wish that he didn't just vanish without a trace.
April 07, 2017 06:21AM
I still pop in every now and then. I played Majyk in Elysium City. Definitely miss that game. The world and characters were so compelling.
May 11, 2017 09:59AM
Well, if anyone is interested in putting together some kind of spiritual successor game some time, I would love to do that. I notice a lot of the same people are still around. Wouldn't mind taking another swing at a game with everyone. Besides, we've all likely improved our writing skills a bunch since then. We could create something really epic!

If anyone is interested in something like that, send me a PM, or email me at michael.b.ponz@gmail.com.
May 11, 2017 04:55PM
Tavish
Well, if anyone is interested in putting together some kind of spiritual successor game some time, I would love to do that. I notice a lot of the same people are still around. Wouldn't mind taking another swing at a game with everyone. Besides, we've all likely improved our writing skills a bunch since then. We could create something really epic!

If anyone is interested in something like that, send me a PM, or email me at michael.b.ponz@gmail.com.

It always starts with who is going to run the game?

May 12, 2017 06:52AM
Well, I'd always be happy to take a crack at it. Though I will admit that I am a novice when it comes to the Marvel system. I mainly use D&D and homebrew systems on my end, and my homebrew systems might need some tweaking for the online format.
May 16, 2017 06:25AM
Tavish

I haven't played in years but it would be nice to enjoy that kind of fun again, the best game I'd ever enjoyed and so hated its abrupt end.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.