Anyone still putting together a game out there?

Posted by Wendell_Burke 
Re: Anyone still putting together a game out there?
January 06, 2017 12:05PM
So i am looking to put together a campaign now that life isn't a pile of steaming poop for me.

Basically Home-grown characters, built on a point system in a fresh* Marvel/DC/Image Universe.

* - Fresh meaning limited history prior to the campaign - stating at Issue 0, and Pre-Gen characters that appear will be considered first appearances... almost like the cinematic universe - not decades of comic story line background. The limited History basically being that there were some supers during world War II - such as Captain America - but most people dismiss it as propaganda - as there hasn't been any active heroes pretty much since then. There is also rumors of Mutants and Aliens - again considered a big conspiracy theory. Cities like Gotham and Metropolis exist.. there is rumor of a Batman in Gotham - but again chalked up to urban legend/propaganda.. also countries like Latveria and Wakada exist - but at present no Dr.Doom or Blackpanther running around.... No Avengers, Xmen, Justice league ect...ect..ect...

The Player characters themselves are relatively new (or have been operating in the shadows and relatively unknown and any previous engagements have been against thugs and such)

A major event happens that shocks the world (to be revealed at the time of the game start), pretty much proving the existence of meta-humans to everyone as something real. The United Nations, headed by the United States - tasks the agency S.H.I.E.L.D. to analysis and deal with this threat - That's when Nick Fury shows up at the heroes doors with a recruitment deal to bring them in as a UN sanctioned team with connections to SHIELD to help deal with the Meta-Human problem (starting with the one that has Fury come knocking in the first place) - known as the Nexus Knights - mostly because they operate out of a secret SHIELD facility known as the Nexus (rumored to be SHIELDS R&D Hub for meta-humans - primarily focused on recreating the super soldier serum of captain America from world war II and other artifacts they have collected over the years). SO basically Fury shows up.. recruits the characters - drags them to the Nexus - briefs them further on the event they have to deal with - and sends them on their way... so begins Campaign 1, Scenario 1, Act 1.

The geography of earth will be a hybrid of the DC/Marvel Universe - during the game, characters will encounter a range of home-grown and pre-gen characters from the DC/Marvel/Image Universe.

Note: It IS plausible to play Pre-Gen characters upon approval, though i was thinking Home-Grown would be a more popular choice.
April 22, 2017 10:04AM
I'm just pulling a campaign together for my nerd family. My husband and I got them hooked on D&D 5E and now I'm going to try my hand at running a Marvel game.

Will be running from square one as you mentioned with original characters. Everybody has been thinking about what kind of characters they want to have.

I will be using any and all resources I can get my hands on.
April 24, 2017 12:30PM
Nice! Sounds like a good time! I've had a hard time finding others interested in the same kind of game, but I'm working on other things in the meantime. <smiling smiley Let us know how the game shapes up!
April 26, 2017 01:17PM
We've done other game systems using Skype and a little Marvel, including multiple players. Or the Chatroom here would work for typed posts. :-)
July 20, 2017 05:53PM
I still want to run a game online too - my actual friend RPG group only seem to ever get together like every 3 months or so.. so makes campaigning brutal.
August 27, 2017 04:40PM
Hello everyone. I've been running various games in local (east tennessee) comic shops since 1992. This coming October been asked to run RPGs at Conapalooza in Bristol VA on October 13-15. I'll announced that amongst my 8 sessions through the weekend that 2 would be the marvel FASERIP system!
August 27, 2017 06:20PM
I used to game in the back of a comic shop after hours when I first got into this game. It was a great environment to play in! Your convention sounds like a lot of fun! If you're interested and looking for material, feel free to download my new module and give it a whirl! Have a blast!
August 27, 2017 06:21PM
Dark, are you having trouble finding players? Have you tried advertising in some of the FB groups?
August 27, 2017 06:22PM
Malhavok: What kind of game are you looking to run/ play in? I figure Marvel, but details?
August 27, 2017 07:34PM
paladin76
Hello everyone. I've been running various games in local (east tennessee) comic shops since 1992. This coming October been asked to run RPGs at Conapalooza in Bristol VA on October 13-15. I'll announced that amongst my 8 sessions through the weekend that 2 would be the marvel FASERIP system!

Bristol, huh? How far is that from Radford, VA?

September 08, 2017 06:04AM
Hi, I really want to play MSH again! If you're in Indianapolis area, I'm down. I'd also be willing to play via Skype / Roll20 whatever. Let me know.
September 12, 2017 04:35AM
ArkhamAngel: That's not my area, but you can also try the Classic Marvel rpg group on facebook, There are a lot of people there who are looking for groups. [www.facebook.com]
September 18, 2017 05:13AM
DorkLord
paladin76

According to Google maps 102 miles and about an hour and a half drive.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_20170918-110818.png (138.1 KB)
September 18, 2017 06:24AM
Come on!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1514.jpg (637.7 KB)
September 20, 2017 10:41AM
paladin76
DorkLord
paladin76

That's not bad at all. I just might make it with some friends.

October 20, 2017 03:57AM
DorkLord
paladin76
DorkLord
paladin76

That's not bad at all. I just might make it with some friends.

In the end I couldn't afford the trip. Sorry I missed out. How did the games go?

February 18, 2018 05:14PM
Hello everyone!

I started a Marvel Superheroes game a few months ago. I have about 5 players, but with the holidays and other distractions, we are having a slow start.

We could use on player!

I'm in St. Louis. Join us!
April 03, 2018 07:38PM
orbit8
Hello everyone!

I started a Marvel Superheroes game a few months ago. I have about 5 players, but with the holidays and other distractions, we are having a slow start.

We could use on player!

I am in the STL area. Still looking for a player?

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
August 04, 2018 08:18AM
Consider all these ideas esp. from Dark "swiped". winking smiley
August 06, 2018 03:01AM
What??? I just saw this... I live in South County.. Didn't realize there was so many fans of FASERIP in the area.
Need to have a get together one day at a local shop.

Dead Sidekick
orbit8
Hello everyone!

We could use on player!

August 06, 2018 05:50PM
I'm not nearly as active here at CMF as I used to be (wew) but I see myself ready for a tabletop game here in the near future. I am extremely busy currently but keep me in mind if you get something fired up. South County is just a half hour away from me.

genoside07
What??? I just saw this... I live in South County.. Didn't realize there was so many fans of FASERIP in the area.
Need to have a get together one day at a local shop.

Dead Sidekick
orbit8
Hello everyone!

We could use on player!

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 12
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.