Labyrinth Lord game!

Posted by barna10 
Labyrinth Lord game!
January 17, 2018 12:56PM
I just restored my forum, The Dark Forum, from a back up and started reading through some of the PbP games I ran on there...good times!

I'm looking at starting a new Labyrinth Lord game! (no, not a Marvel game, sorry)

If you're unfamiliar with Labyrinth Lord, it's a retroclone of D&D. This game will be using the Advanced Edition companion meaning it will incorporate elements of AD&D as well.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you a link to the new address and answer any questions you might have.

Game on!

Re: Labyrinth Lord game!
January 27, 2018 11:39AM
barna10
I just restored my forum, The Dark Forum, from a back up and started reading through some of the PbP games I ran on there...good times!

I'm looking at starting a new Labyrinth Lord game! (no, not a Marvel game, sorry)

If you're unfamiliar with Labyrinth Lord, it's a retroclone of D&D. This game will be using the Advanced Edition companion meaning it will incorporate elements of AD&D as well.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you a link to the new address and answer any questions you might have.

Game on!

I would be interested, however, I am not familiar with Labyrinth Lord or have any of it's supplements.

One world of adventure is never enough.
January 27, 2018 12:25PM
Necromancer
barna10

Game on!

I would be interested, however, I am not familiar with Labyrinth Lord or have any of it's supplements.

There are free versions available from Goblinoid games' website.

I have a few players pending right now. If everyone actually plays, I'll have 7 players. That's already more than planned. If 2 of them flake-out, I'll update the status here.

January 27, 2018 01:07PM
barna10
Necromancer
barna10

Game on!

There are free versions available from Goblinoid games' website.

I have a few players pending right now. If everyone actually plays, I'll have 7 players. That's already more than planned. If 2 of them flake-out, I'll update the status here.

So it is literally a knock off of the OD&D Cyclopedia, the Advanced option adds a race/class option and multi classing but it's a mangled version where elves cannot multiclass at all?

One world of adventure is never enough.
January 27, 2018 04:10PM
Necromancer

So it is literally a knock off of the OD&D Cyclopedia, the Advanced option adds a race/class option and multi classing but it's a mangled version where elves cannot multiclass at all?

Not really. Elves can multiclass UNLESS you pick the Elf racial character class from the basic version. The racial character class can't be a part of a multiclass combination since it is in effect already a fighter/magic-user.

You can certainly play an Elf fighter, or Elf fighter/magic-user, or Elf fighter/magic-user/thief, etc, just like in AD&D, but you can't have combinations like Elf/thief where you take the racial character class and tack on thief.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 9
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.