New PbP FASERIP game looking for players

Posted by OhMyLanta 
New PbP FASERIP game looking for players
May 20, 2018 06:55AM
Looking for 5 consistent players for a classic MSH game. Players will take on the characters of the teen New Mutants--Cannonball, Magma, Mirage, Sunspot, and Wolfsbane!

The premise of the opening story is simple. The five teens are from 1988 but have recently been stranded in 2018. Much has changed in thirty years. Professor X is dead. The X-Men are scattered, dead, or in hiding. No one is working towards the dream of peaceful coexistence between humanity and mutantkind. The New Mutants decide amongst themselves that, if they're stranded here, they may as well make the world a better place.

Here's the link:
[rpol.net]
Re: New PbP FASERIP game looking for players
May 20, 2018 12:48PM
I just created an account for that site and I'm awaiting the confirmation e-mail but while I'd love to play a game of this I'm totally unfamiliar with those characters. I mean, I know the names but I'll have to look up some bio stuff. Is that acceptable?
May 20, 2018 01:27PM
Sounds good. Keep in mind, online resources will mostly have their adult (and more powerful and experienced) histories. These kids were first put together in the late eighties, and they will be reeling from the jarring experiences of the modern day.

I have a thread marked "The Story So Far" that serves as a primer to explain what's already happened. If you have any other specific questions, we'll sort them out.

Also, the kids will quickly get the lay of the land in the modern era. Like most yoing people, they are ridiculoisly adaptable. People they used to know will likely be MUCH different than they were thirty years ago. Who knows what kind of craziness will ensue?
May 20, 2018 01:42PM
Nice. I still haven't received the e-mail though. It's the correct address and it's not in my Junk folder... odd. I'll keep an eye out. And good call on the bio stuff - I might actually look them up in the handbooks from this site, now that I think of it. Probably going with Sunspot though. He sounds neat. smiling smiley
May 21, 2018 06:47AM
Hmm. Still no verification e-mail from the site. I can't even ask for help, lol. Oh well. Have fun, good luck! smiling smiley
May 23, 2018 05:09AM
Did you finally get verified? It is strange that it took so long.
May 23, 2018 05:23AM
Nope. I checked through my junk mail and have been keeping an eye on things but I got nothing, lol. Silly thing is I can't even ask for help on the site until I've verified it. It's the correct address - I can at least check that much on the site.
May 23, 2018 06:02AM
It's rpol.net. It's weird that it's taken so long, though.
May 23, 2018 06:37PM
Two of my prospective players are coming from this post thread. I seriously can't explain how you're unable to get onto rpol.
May 28, 2018 08:25AM
I'm still trying to get a Classic Marvel (the old 80's TSR FASERIP) game up and running featuring the New Mutants. If that's something that sounds like your bag, come join us by playing Mirage, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, or Magma!

[rpol.net]
May 28, 2018 08:41AM
Yeah, I dunno. It never sent me the confirmation link and I just got back from vacation and tried the 'send me my password' route and that didn't send me anything either. It's not in my junk mail or anything either. Very odd. No worries. Have fun with your game! smiling smiley
June 06, 2018 01:56PM
I still have a couple openings for this New Mutants FASERIP game. Link's above, and we're going to begin soon!
June 29, 2018 10:36AM
Would you still be looking for players?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 17
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.