New PbP

Posted by barna10 
New PbP
August 29, 2019 06:24AM
I am in the planning stages of a new PbP, using Classic Marvel

Campaign will be set in the Marvel-verse incorporating in some events from the cinematic universe.

The heroes arose during the time post-snap, and are now adjusting to life post "Hulk Snap"and post "Iron Man Snap"

This will incorporate all of the Marvel universe characters, not just the cinematic ones.

I encourage custom characters, but you can use cannon ones if you like. Especially cool are legacies (new characters but old motif, ie the new Spiderman!)

Still a work-in-progress

Thoughts?

Re: New PbP
August 29, 2019 09:07PM
Suffice it to say I am interested. I do t know how much detail you want yet, or what medium you are using for the play by post. Let me know if you could use a player. I would like to do some sort of Thor legacy character or the original Thor himself. But am open to other ideas.
August 30, 2019 02:43AM
Thor legacy sounds fun. It especially ties-in to the him handing over rule of New Asgard to Valkyrie and heading off to the stars with the Asgardians of the Galaxy, and the additional tid bits below...

Some more character creation thoughts:

Your character has had up to 5 years to establish him or her self as a hero; he can be as popular as you would like. He will be known to authorities and governments, at what ever level you want. If it makes sense for him to be known globally, no problem.

The one caveat is your character should be Earth-bound, and should have originated on Earth so all the characters can have somewhat of a common origin within the 5 years of the snap.

If you have a sound idea for an Alien, we can talk. Asgardians are OK since we know they have settled in New Asgard, on Earth.

I will gauge final power levels after we see a few submissions. There should be around 5 players.

The campaign will stretch beyond Earth. I know Hawkeye and Scarlet Widow work in the movies, but you may want to consider NOT playing a normal human who's only super power is looking good in a tight costume.

August 30, 2019 05:44AM
Ok, I have what I think is a cool concept. It’s based off the Thor Corps, but what happened to the shards of melon or after Hela destroyed them? Is it possible those shards could be found and used to forge a lesser version of mjlonir. Thus I would take the Asgardian template, and add to it the basic powers a lesser version of Thor’s hammer would supply. That way I can adjust the power level up or down depending on what level you end up deciding on.
August 30, 2019 10:07AM
Hopefully this makes sense, totally willing to make changes as needed.
Attachments:
open | download - Tempest.pdf (798.7 KB)
August 30, 2019 12:50PM
Aw heck yeah, I'll join. I haven't played in a while. Which character sheet template should I use?

#JubileeIsTheBest
August 30, 2019 01:29PM
Use whatever you want for template. We'll be playing on my private forum and I'll re-post your character there.

I need to renew the certificate there, then I'll post a link here.

August 30, 2019 02:37PM
Feel free to use alternate sources for powers. I'll be using material from the FASERIP rpg. You can powers stunt the flexibilities from there, and take limitations from there.

Also, you can use power descriptions from any source that makes sense to you, as long as we agree on it before start.

August 30, 2019 02:55PM
Sorry, but I just figured out I'd pretty much be busy for a while, so I can't join. but I'd love to see what happens in the story! Please post updates on what happens if you can.
September 10, 2019 08:24AM
September 12, 2019 03:53AM
I'd love to play but I haven't seen all the MCU. In fact, I've only seen about half a dozen of them and mostly the older films. I know Thanos' snap makes people disappear but that's about it - is that required knowledge or will it be set up in-game? Does everyone know exactly what happened with the Avengers or are some folks just aware that Good Guys were fighting Bad Guys and Stuff Happened?

I usually roll my random characters with the Ultimate Powers Book but use Talents from the Advanced Players' Book, if that's cool?
September 12, 2019 09:06AM
The MCU happenings are merely a backdrop, not necessary knowledge at all

Random rolling is fine by me!

It's looking more and more like we will be the new Defenders, associating with Doctor Strange

Looking forward to seeing what you roll.

I'll send you a PM with the forum address

September 12, 2019 09:35AM
Excellent, thanks! Where would you like me to do the rolling?
September 12, 2019 11:43AM
You can roll on that forum if you'd like. I'll make a thread for the tonight.

A few notes on character creation:
-limit of 5 powers (6 if you're form gives a bonus)
-you get 5 finished power stunts (one per year of your character's career so far)

Your character can be as experienced as you want, but we want them to be established

Feel free to give a few extra contacts, and you decide how popular you are.

September 12, 2019 03:50PM
Roger roger. Still waiting approval or something on that site, but I'll look for it tomorrow! smiling smiley
September 13, 2019 06:38AM
I am definitely interested in this as well. It sounds like it could be very interesting. I would probably create a character based on existing little known characters.
September 17, 2019 08:31PM
'Bout time a PbP game popped up on a random curiosity visit back to Planet CMF smileys with beer

Count me in, if you're still looking for players. MCU setting might be cool. No one knows I'm a Skrull...

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
January 06, 2020 01:31PM
So, how's this working out?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 10, 2020 04:34PM
I had been in it briefly but had to step out early, though I retained the link and checked in recently - it was dropped because the GM was losing the entire site. A tragedy, to be sure.
May 04, 2021 12:15PM
July 17, 2021 05:33PM
barna10
Yeah, had to shut down the server...thinking of rolling a new one

It was disappointing that that game had to end. I have been back-burner kicking around the idea of running a PbP set in the MCU since, because it was such a damned good idea. And then 2020 happened, and we got coronavirus instead of Arno Stark Iron Man.

I'm no where near ready to run such a game (gimme a few months) but how's everyone doing?

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
October 20, 2021 06:28PM
I'm around still, mostly in the land of Cortex Prime but I try to remember to scan this forum on occasion. Definitely hit me up if something gets restarted and I'll see if I can join in longer than last time. That was fun but man life hit me hard back then and hasn't let up a whole since, lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 16
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.