Crisis Earth

Posted by Solomon777 
Crisis Earth
October 26, 2022 07:26AM
Greetings and salutations fellow fans,

I am trying to get a forum going for this game I love. I am trying to make it play-by-post, though the avenue is going to be a site like RPGcrossing.com or Discord. I haven't decided yet on a good home.
I am using a modified version of the finely crafted Expert Edition Rules, and including a reality derived from multiple sources.
Below I have a synopsis of the events leading to The Crisis, note certain items have been omitted, such as cosmic-level stuff and mystic stuff; however, there is a reason for this madness.

Please, enjoy, and feel free to throw criticisms.

Background ....
The Ultron Project and the Sentinel Project were meant to preserve and protect humanity with predictable, controllable, and limitless assets. However, as with most human-involved evolutions, mistakes were made. Those mistakes were corrected; however, not in the best interest of humanity. Having lost control of the artificially intelligent, super-computer network, known as Skynet, several technological corporations and governments focused their collective resources to nullify the rapidly-evolving viral threat. A resurrected Ultron seized the opportunity and began assuming control of all technology on the globe using Skynet as a virtual highway.

The supra-organization known as T.H.E.M., initiated and encouraged the fracture in Skynet’s primary functioning, failing to understand future ramifications. What T.H.E.M. did not wager, was Ultron’s involvement, believing the AI to be inactive. Ultron infiltrated Stane International, with hopes to eradicate superpowered beings in total by reprogramming the Sentinel Project. From here, Ultron’s growth exploded across the world. Stark Enterprises, WayneTech, Oscorp, and Lexcorp, joined Checkmate, S.H.I.E.L.D., S.T.R.I.K.E., S.W.O.R.D., and A.R.G.U.S. to thwart global events concerning multiple Ultron incursions. Ultron found itself in a stalemate, judging the whole of human life as the largest threat to the world. Ultron increased production of new, mass-produced Sentinel, hunter-bots. Through an increasing web of espionage, Ultron discovered experiments within Latveria around a ‘techno-organic’ compound. Collecting and refining this new virus, Ultron found that the human creature could be “converted” to machine. Ultron immediately changed its course of action from eradication to assimilation.

Global infrastructures began to shut down and under constant war and pestilence. Societies fell into battles concerning preservation-of-self over preservation-of-the-whole, and the resistance against Ultron collapsed. Three taskforces, led by Captain America, General Hawk, and Nightwing discovered Ultron-Prime, an assimilation of Ultron and a Cybertronian, and fought valiantly against waves of techno-organic “zombies”. Calculating a rare possible defeat, Ultron assured victory with the activation of global nuclear armaments and released them all within an hour of one another. The surface onslaught played out on huge holo-screens within the mainframe complex, as Ultron’s voice uttered the Anti-Life Equation, another find in Latveria, in an attempt to defeat the will of the incursion forces. However, the equation was incomplete.

Super-powered individuals such as Superman, Green Lantern, Sentry, and many other cosmic-powered figures, met the global threat as thousands of thermo-nuclear payloads flew through orbit, destined for the world’s population centers. Resistance was futile as, intrepidly, villains joined heroes racing about Earth’s orbit collecting, diverting, and destroying warhead after warhead. When suddenly, without cause, the entire planet blinked out of existence. Almost all of the nuclear weapons flew randomly into space as guidance systems automatically failed. Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, and the others scoured the void, searching in vain for the missing planet. The space, bereft of anything, was empty, with no trace of the conflicted world that had once been.

The day Earth became displaced is known as The Crisis. The was a decade ago. The global landscape lay forever changed by the Crisis War. The skies are always dim. Ultron suffered a great setback and humanity was able to find some sense of normalcy, building frail borders where there once were nations. The few extraterrestrial figures who happened to reach Earth during The Crisis, remained; however, attempts to depart Earth, beyond the outer orbit have failed.

Thank you for taking the time and interest to read through.
Respectfully,
Sol
Re: Crisis Earth
October 26, 2022 07:29AM
Greetings and salutations fans,
I've included a "current" map for Crisis Earth, providing the location of the world's major cities.
I tried to use fictional locations for this and have joined real locations, along with fictional counterparts (New York = Metropolis)

Respectfully,
Sol
Attachments:
open | download - Crisis Earth Global Map 1.png (395 KB)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 14
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.