Any play-by-post games starting up soon (forum, Discord, etc.)?

Posted by BWS2K 
Any play-by-post games starting up soon (forum, Discord, etc.)?
June 06, 2023 08:11AM
Just looking to learn the ropes of the system, nothing fancy. Wasn't sure if there was a better spot to watch for upcoming games. Thanks!
Re: Any play-by-post games starting up soon (forum, Discord, etc.)?
June 14, 2023 07:45AM
June 14, 2023 09:01AM
I believe I was in a game of yours very briefly, before we ended up moving, I think. I played Weather Girl...? Something like that. Keep me in mind - my post frequency is fairly casual, and my system understanding is pretty novice but I think I'm just waiting for those final pieces to click, if that makes sense. Discord or forum or whatever, keep me in mind. Or even if you just want to brainstorm ideas and such.
June 14, 2023 10:24AM
For sure.

Last game died because the host killed my forum.

Current game I am thinking is a small town supers idea.

A group called L.I.S.T. (League of Independent Super Teams) has recruited people and connected them with other local supers.

For a small fee (PR - TY resource check), you get insurance, legal help, access to a shared knowledge base, and general assistance.

They also do conferences and such.

Setting will be a Marvel world (80s supers, but modern day).

We'll be somewhere in the midwest USA

It will have a feel similar to Smallville mixed with Supernatural

June 14, 2023 10:41AM
I've never seen either of those but I get the gist. I'm in, if you'll have me!
June 15, 2023 04:53PM
Thoughts for character creation...

I plan on this being a street-level game. Characters shouldn't have anything above an IN. Column shifts above IN are fine (ie IN Fighting + Talents), but no power, attribute, or resources above IN.

I am thinking two options for creation. Either rolling the dice with one of the sets (Basic, Advanced, Revised Basic, or even one I will post here soon).IF you end up with a stat above IN, I will compensate you for the extra ranks in some way (leaving it open-ended), but I will not compensate for low stats.

OR

You can choose / model your stuff using this array of stats: IN, RM, RM, EX, EX, EX, TY, TY, and everything else GD (as many as needed). Start with three powers and two talents.

I will reward cool concepts with some bonus ranks, talents, etc as feels appropriate.

Some special rules:
  • One free power stunt chance per Real Life week
  • Karma resets back to R+I+P at the beginning of each "adventure". All extra karma gets banked (either into a karma pool or advancement fund
  • We will actively post for an "adventure", then we'll take a week break for narrative time. During this time you can post about anything your character does during "down time". You can gain or lose karma for these activities. It's a chance for you to flesh-out your character, or even your secret identity's life. Maybe you graduate from college, get a new job, or even meet your soulmate. You can also do things like meet your rival for an epic chess battle in Central Park, travel other dimensions, meet Dr. Strange for tea in the astral plane, or whatever thing you think is cool but we're not doing as part of our adventure time. Have fun with it!

June 16, 2023 02:02AM
Love it! I'm a sucker for random generation so I'll probably go that route. Do you have another site to use or will we play here somewhere? Or on a Discord, or...?
June 16, 2023 08:58AM
June 16, 2023 11:19AM
Nice! The old link to the Dark Forum seems spammy - is it a new address?
June 18, 2023 06:51AM
June 20, 2023 06:42AM
Sounds good! I'll watch for the link!
June 22, 2023 02:37AM
Timing on this...we can start character creation here.

I have a few other people that may be interested.

I cannot start the game until mid-July, but we can get ready and prep.

June 22, 2023 05:20AM
Sounds good! I’ll edit into this post when I get home and we’ll see what the dice do for me!
June 22, 2023 06:52AM
Hmm. Apologies - what would you like us to use for a dice roller? Any preference?
June 23, 2023 04:59PM
June 23, 2023 05:19PM
Cool cool. I rolled on your Google Doc using Roll20 and got:

Altered/Modified Human (+1CS Resources, +1 Power)
GD(8) Fighting, AM(46)* Agility, IN(36) Strength, TY(5) Endurance, IN(36) Reason, TY(5) Intuition, EX (16) Psyche

...but I'm not sure where to roll for # of powers. No rush though. And I did roll an AM rank for Agility, so we'll have to figure that out too. Hype!
June 24, 2023 05:24AM
June 24, 2023 06:15AM
Altered/Modified Human (+1CS Resources, +1 Power)

Fighting - GD(8)
Agility - IN(36)
Strength - IN(36)
Endurance - TY(5) GD(8)
Reason - IN(36)
Intuition - TY(5)
Psyche - EX (16)

Health - 85/85
Karma - 57
Popularity - GD(10) [not publicly known]
Resources - RM(26)

POWERS: Corrosive Missile (IN(36)), Stunning Missile (RM(26)), Swimming (EX (16)), Water Breathing, Water Regeneration (GD(8))
TALENTS: Bows, Chemistry, Journalism, Psychiatry
CONTACTS: (open), (journalism), (journalism)

NOTES: Heals in water at 8pts/min (10 turns) if uninterrupted, Stunning Missile inflicts a Stunning attack of RM Intensity (range?)

EDIT: Adjusted Endurance, added Corrosive Missile, swapped Solar Regeneration for Water Regeneration! Now to look up ocean creatures that might have stunning and/or corrosive attacks...
June 24, 2023 10:49AM
You get the +1 power in addition to the 4 you rolled, so 5

You can apply the rank you lost (AM -> IN) as a permanent +1 rank anywhere else (ie raise Endurance TY -> GD, for example)

Also, what do you think of changing Solar Regeneration into Water Regeneration so you regenerate whe ever you are in water?

June 24, 2023 11:31AM
I dig it! Edited post above!
June 24, 2023 12:00PM
June 25, 2023 02:15AM
June 25, 2023 08:41AM
Right you are - forgot I had bumped up the Endurance. I can't seem to edit the post anymore though, weird. I'll remember when we get to the forum. Thanks!
June 30, 2023 03:36PM
We are gathering....a few more players are on the way.

I will get the Dark Forum setup early next week (....I am getting ready to travel, I will get to it after that)

June 30, 2023 04:52PM
Hello!

I would dearly love to join this game, if there is a spot still available! I haven't played in a very long time so my mechanics on the rules are pretty rusty, but I greatly enjoy the role– play aspect. It seems pretty difficult to find play by forum for this game, so finding this post was pretty lucky (I used to read the forum quite a bit in years back but never joined, then came back to the forum on a whim a bit ago and saw this and wanted to hope on board).

If there are spots still open, please do consider me. If it's full up, no worries. Hopefully another game will come along before too long.

M
July 01, 2023 05:57AM
I'm on vacation July 10-14ish, so no worries. I don't remember how well I get reception up there but hopefully well enough to at least keep up, lol
July 01, 2023 08:15AM
Marveloid
Hello!

I would dearly love to join this game, if there is a spot still available! I haven't played in a very long time so my mechanics on the rules are pretty rusty, but I greatly enjoy the role– play aspect. It seems pretty difficult to find play by forum for this game, so finding this post was pretty lucky (I used to read the forum quite a bit in years back but never joined, then came back to the forum on a whim a bit ago and saw this and wanted to hope on board).

If there are spots still open, please do consider me. If it's full up, no worries. Hopefully another game will come along before too long.

M

We are just getting started and you are welcome to join! I will be running the game on my private forum. I will PM the address soon.

Please read the thread for some character creation rules, and feel free to post your progress here for now!

July 01, 2023 05:51PM
Outstanding, thank you! I'm rather a fan of random– y, chaos– ish dice rolls, too. smiling smiley I think I'll go that route.

Is the Ultimate Powers book fair game? No worries if it's not; just wanted to check on that.
July 02, 2023 03:19PM
Marveloid
Outstanding, thank you! I'm rather a fan of random– y, chaos– ish dice rolls, too. smiling smiley I think I'll go that route.

Is the Ultimate Powers book fair game? No worries if it's not; just wanted to check on that.

Go for it, but limit your self to 5 powers, and follow the rank restrictions mentioned above. Also, some powers, like Reality Manipulation will be too much for the start

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 14
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.