Classic Marvel - Rising from the Ashes

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Anonymous User
Re: Classic Marvel - Rising from the Ashes
April 17, 2008 06:26AM
Finally, the Spyder HAS COME BACK....TO....eh, you know the rest.

Skarlett da Resurrected Spyder

P.S. Who do I have to kiss to get to fix my freakin' name? Can't be the Spyder without....well...the "Spyder." smiling smiley
April 17, 2008 09:20AM
You know at first I thought it was Snake-eyes' girl friend.

wb Spyder!

"No where to hide, no place to run. Your village will burn like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
Re: Classic Marvel - Still Feeling the Heat
April 19, 2008 11:58AM
I'm willing to cope with things as long as it ends the feuding between both forums. I've grown tired of all that's happened, never wanted things to go down any negative route to begin with. I just wanted to help a community, that's it. This arguing brought the worst out of me and I don't like it. It's lulled my ability to enjoy gaming.

I sit back and realize that I missed EVERYONE from the old forum, EVERYONE! This splintering of the forum took it toll on everyone and I mean EVERYONE.

I've taken this week to think how to better approach everyone in both communities. Elladee posts in Classic Marvel Initiative helped me better think things through. I also recalled learning from The Secret that like attracts like. If I fight, it fights back, if I resist, it gets stronger. If I say, "NO MORE!", More will rush in to consume me. I'm no longer going to let this fuel me the wrong way. I've been dealing with this in the wrong way. I've never meant to stoke or feed the fires of flamage. I feel I've unknowingly fell victim to my own efforts and it almost consumed me.

I'm going to treat the communities like I new them well before classicmarvel.com even considered closing. I wash my hands of these issues from both marvel sites. It's not my issue any longer. I'm going to be everyone's friend, kill them with kindness if i have too and like The Last Duskblade maintain neutrality. These are just forums. I've done my part as a friend to the communities, of then and now. I've gone above and beyond for both communities and then some. I'll always be here (figuratively speaking) for the communities. I'm thankful for having a roof over my head, food on the table, a life to enjoy and to be thankful for and thankful for having friends like you. I wish all well and good health. I wish for our communities to become whole again. I love you all like good friends. I forgive those who've wronged me and I hope those I've wronged will forgive me. I'm speaking my peace. Thank you for listening.
Re: Classic Marvel - Still Feeling the Heat
April 22, 2008 09:28AM
Classic Marvel.com is up and running again?!?

cool smiley

And the forum's finally let me register?!?!?!?

smiling bouncing smiley smileys with beer smoking smiley

Hullo all.

I am a former and soon-to-be-again-regular player/Judge of the the good ol' classic MSH RPG. My friends and I started playing about 18 years ago and did so pretty regularly up until about 8 years ago. Nostalgia for old characters and the great times had with them have made us start trying to piece together a new Marvel campaign, so I came here looking for discussions about House Rules, PC & NPC ideas, and other stuff.

Let the good times roll!
Post Clarification
May 12, 2008 10:45PM
Friends,

Earlier in the evening I posted this: [classicmarvelforever.com]

This in particular is what I'll be breaking down in this post:

>For my part, I simply watch over the
> forums as a Moderator and talk shop
> with Skycutter on the weekends.

After receiving a PM from an honored member, who asked for clarification on my meaning, I thought I would post some of it here. There has been far too much confusion, apparently, on the position I play here at Classic Marvel Forever, and the reasons for it. I'll attempt to leave as many stones overturned as I can.

From the very beginning of this forum's attempted salvation, Skycutter asked me (read: invited, involved, suggest, etc) to assist him on this project. I'm not sure what his precise interest in me was, seeing as I had only PM'd him a few times about game write-up, and didn't know him that well. In fact, I was even one of the voices, against his taking over this website, which can be easily confirmed by looking at the Archived Forum.

After speaking with him via telephone, I was convinced that he was a strait shooter with the heart needed to bring this community of players back together. To which I also posted publicly. Although I offered aid in many different forms, Skycutter did not want or take anything form me in the way of resources and instead only used some advice I gave. As a result, my contribution to the logistics of running the site (read: money, time, technical assistance) has been zero. However, in spite of my obvious lack of value, he asked me to stay on with him.

When the site here returned to operation, there were a few people who had issues with me being management here on Classic Marvel Forever. While I've had the chance to confer with these people and make amends (at least on my part), I have not just cut through the $hit. When it appeared I was going to be attacked for "making a big deal out of myself" and "speaking in half truths" I posted in this very thread, that I would likely leave if things did not change.

In spite of my inability to offer anything of REAL value to the site, I had a PM and a Voice Mail from Skycutter on my phone within a couple of hours, telling me not to leave and that everything would blow over. His exact words were "Don't let that stuff get to you."

So I didn't. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Now, to this thing:

>For my part, I simply watch over the
> forums as a Moderator and talk shop
> with Skycutter on the weekends.

There are two official Administrators on this website right now and it is clear when they are on-line, because they both have (admin) next to their names. In my post, I was in no way trying to suggest that I was running the site and Skycutter was not. Obviously Skycutter has full ownership of the site, as per Aunt Petunia's request. But he asked me to help out as only a Moderator of this place and I agreed. End of story. Period. Viola!

Any further questions, about anything at all can be directed to me via PM. If I think it is something that perhaps more than one member may be interested in having an answer to, I'll post it in public without naming the parties involved, as I did here. I'm of the opinion that a TRUE moderator would put everything on the table this way, so that is how I'll play it. If I fail in this regard, I'm sure there will be someone here to set me strait and put me back on the path of righteousness. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Just checking to make sure I'm at the right place
May 13, 2008 06:34AM
Being middle-aged I get confused.
Just checking to make sure this is the semi-official successor to Aunti P's classic board and not a parallel world spinoff.
Re: Just checking to make sure I'm at the right place
May 13, 2008 06:56AM
It's the official site, and welcome back David. smiling smiley
May 13, 2008 08:09AM
Actually it's kinda like Smallville. You know the story, you know what is suppose to happen, and somewhere it took a hard 90 degree turn.

only this place makes more sense than that show.

"No where to hide, no place to run. Your village will burn like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.