The Ignore Feature

Posted by Mr Happy 
Re: The Ignore Feature
December 21, 2013 12:44AM
Out of sheer reckless curiosity I decided to see if this was possible. Guess what you can indeed put yourself on ignore and can no longer see your own posts lol. Fortunately it can be undone as well. Turns out you can also send yourself a pm.
October 24, 2014 03:06AM
So eh... how exactly do I take someone off my ignore list? I can't for the life of me seem to find the option.

October 24, 2014 07:11AM
When someone is ignored, you can still see their posts and that they were ignored. Just look at their name at the top of their post, right after the PM link, and you'll see where it used to say [ignore user] it now says [stop ignoring msgs from this user]. Just click it.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 07:13AM by Thrudjelmer.
October 24, 2014 07:53AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When someone is ignored, you can still see their
> posts and that they were ignored. Just look at
> their name at the top of their post, right after
> the PM link, and you'll see where it used to say
> it now says . Just click it.

Ah, that's why. I had my forum settings set to one message per page with links (my default preference). That option apparently only exists when you're set to multiple messages per page. '
'
Thanks for the info, Thrud.

October 24, 2014 01:12PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> When someone is ignored, you can still see their
> posts and that they were ignored. Just look at
> their name at the top of their post, right after
> the PM link, and you'll see where it used to say
> it now says . Just click it.

Unless you're using the 'display single message' option, you can't click to have it display an ignored poster's post you have to change your profile settings to one of the other options before you can display it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 24, 2014 02:28PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Unless you're using the 'display single message'
> option, you can't click to have it display an
> ignored poster's post you have to change your
> profile settings to one of the other options
> before you can display it.

Yes, I got that from the post right before yours. Thanks for the confirmation, though.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 26, 2023 12:04PM
Don't ignore Comics! - a truly great American artistic medium !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 34
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.