Rebuilding forum, Old database, fees.

Posted by Mark 
Rebuilding forum, Old database, fees.
April 19, 2008 06:01PM
I thought since everyone loves talking about the technical aspects of rebuilding the forum, and the other place we were doing it has such negativity at the beginning of it, we could do it here. Or I could do it here.

So here's my take and my fears on getting the data base of old, switching everything over, Skycutter taking the reigns, etc.

The site doesn't belong to me. I'm a guest here. I get to hang out with you guys and talk because Auntie P has allowed me to sign up. He owns the site. If he wants to shut it down, start it up, move it left or move it right, that's up to him. If he decides Skycutter can be the General Manager the site, fine.

I don't have a right to tell him what to do with the site. He's asked for suggestions. Great, I'll share those. But I feel like I'm a guest in someone's house and one other guest is saying, "Hey dummy, if you don't want to host these parties at your house anymore, just give the house away." I'm afraid Auntie is going to say, "The hell with you jerks; everybody get out."
Re: Rebuilding forum, Old database, fees.
April 19, 2008 11:24PM
Yeah.. um no.. I gave up the site, the content and pretty much any rights to the site. I do hold the domain still (although that will likely be passed on in due time). I have no right, no privileges other than a visitor (and maybe a wee bit o credit for the concept and content) however Skycutter is well within his rights to do as he pleases.

Now as to the $150.00 admin fee for the backup of the old db. I said i was still arguing my case and i am. I do not feel anyone should put forth moneys at this stage. I'm determined to win the battle without resorting to an "admin fee". Stay tuned :-)
April 20, 2008 09:53AM
Aunt_Petunia, I'm more then willing to pay the administrative penalties you are having with GoDaddy.com to restore this forum community. Please contact me by email or private message so we can resolve this issue for all the members of our Classic Marvel Community! smoking smiley

The Cutter

April 20, 2008 11:27AM
aunt_petunia
Yeah.. um no.. I gave up the site, the content and pretty much any rights to the site. I do hold the domain still (although that will likely be passed on in due time). I have no right, no privileges other than a visitor (and maybe a wee bit o credit for the concept and content) however Skycutter is well within his rights to do as he pleases.

Now as to the $150.00 admin fee for the backup of the old db. I said i was still arguing my case and i am. I do not feel anyone should put forth moneys at this stage. I'm determined to win the battle without resorting to an "admin fee". Stay tuned :-)

Why don't you let Skycutter pay for the frees? The Skycutter offered to pay for it. Money is not out of your pocket. It shouldn't be an issue anylonger. The Skycutter has been paying for everything else for you, why not this issue? I don't get it? He can just pay the $150. and BAM issue gone, resolved & done with. You openly said on the old forums, That Skycutter was going to get the contense page and the old forum message boards and that you were going to keep the classicmarvel.com domain name as insurance. Having Skycutter pay for the issue is pretty much helping him complete that that deal you struck with him. It's really not a hard decision to make. Any imput as to why it is would be great. grinning smiley
April 20, 2008 11:57AM
A: There is a principle to the matter.
B: The offer is new. Give me a chance to respond please.
April 20, 2008 12:08PM
aunt_petunia
A: There is a principle to the matter.
B: The offer is new. Give me a chance to respond please.

No worries, I'm just trying to better understand things is all. A little clarification is all I'm asking. I ask in regards to the community. cool smiley
April 20, 2008 02:56PM
I'm not sure if this fits in the conversation or not, but there is something called the " way back machine ". You might be able to see older stuff.

[www.archive.org]

Or try this web site below as I typed in classicmarvel.com

[web.archive.org]
April 20, 2008 03:04PM
Thank you Taarna, You are indeed a gem. grinning smiley
April 20, 2008 03:12PM
RAGNARöK
Thank you Taarna, You are indeed a gem. grinning smiley

I try.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
April 20, 2008 03:26PM
I'll be looking through this list while waiting for Aunt P.'s answer. Because I'm positive that Aunt P has the communities best interest in mind as always. We thank you Aunt P for taking the time to fill us in. We wait eagerly for your reply. cool smiley
April 20, 2008 03:37PM
[www.classicmarvel.com]

Just because it probably should have been posted here. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
April 24, 2008 05:24PM
You can't fault someone for standing on principal if something is important to them. Come on, Rok, you know better than most that no one should just roll over and give up without a fight!

Mark
April 26, 2008 02:18PM
Mark
You can't fault someone for standing on principal if something is important to them. Come on, Rok, you know better than most that no one should just roll over and give up without a fight!

Mark

True, no one should ever give up without a fight, but we weren't fighting. I respect principles. But that's behind us anyhow. The database was received and everything is mostly in order. I have no issues here. cool smiley
April 26, 2008 04:50PM
YAY! We're starting to get back to the attitude of the old forum we so loved!

Mark
April 26, 2008 05:04PM
Mark
YAY! We're starting to get back to the attitude of the old forum we so loved!

Mark

Which part? I'm at a loss here. confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 20
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.