Need help finding another superhero rpg

Posted by Maniacles 
Need help finding another superhero rpg
September 28, 2014 11:16PM
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so I hope it's all right if I put this here for now.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys (and/or gals) out there have played the DC Universe rpg from West End Games?
I've been looking up and down the internet forever for the books I'm missing, but to no avail.
I did happen to find a very old post from user Dr Archeville about the rpg in question, and even sent him a PM about it. However, he hasn't been on this board since 2013 (according to the activity logs), so I don't know if or when he will see my message.

If any of you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for pdf scans of the following specific books:
- Gotham City Sourcebook
- JSA Sourcebook
- DEO Agent's Manual

Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer in return for your troubles (broke as hell). The most I can probably do in return is help you find pdfs or rpgs you may be interested in.
Hope to hear back from anybody about this matter soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 06:45AM by The_Skycutter.
Re: Need help finding another superhero rpg
September 29, 2014 06:44AM
Maniacles, this is my DC RPG online storage site...you will find most, if not all of the resource books you are looking for there. smoking smiley

Once you are on the divshare site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page to find the rest of the online content.
[www.divshare.com]

The Cutter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 06:49AM by The_Skycutter.
September 29, 2014 08:21AM
September 29, 2014 12:01PM
Scroll down when you get to that page. More links at the bottom.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
September 30, 2014 01:41AM
Thanks a lot for the link Skycutter, but I couldn't find the specific books I was looking for.
I guess this quest continues...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 02:19AM by The_Skycutter.
September 30, 2014 02:22AM
Maniacles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks a lot for the link Skycutter, but I
> couldn't find the specific books I was looking
> for.
> I guess this quest continues...

Maniacles, I do have some additional DC resource books that I will be uploading this weekend to my divshare account...try back then.

The Cutter

October 01, 2014 06:32PM
Thanks again, Skycutter. I'll keep an eye out for your new uploads then.

"It's 'Maniacles'...like 'maniacal' and 'Hercules' randomly and gleefully mashed together."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2014 04:46AM by The_Skycutter.
October 16, 2014 04:56AM
I download Watchmen and a Judge Dredd game. Whoo hoo

Thanks Cutter
October 30, 2014 01:22AM
The old Mayfair DC Heroes game was another great game. I'm not knocking anyone that likes to convert DC characters to FASERIP but, personally, I've never felt the Marvel rules handled that very well. If you want to play out super battles between two characters capable of karate-chopping the moon in half, you really can't beat DC Heroes! smiling smiley
Alignments for DC rpg
October 31, 2014 04:04AM
Didn't the DC rpg have a sort of alignment for heroes that they went by?

5 different types I think. Kinda liked that idea of a role playing guide for a particular heroes philosophy.

Not that is needed. I wonder how well some marvel heroes would get sorted into those " alignments " ?
October 31, 2014 05:19AM
Wikipedia, Alignment (RPGs)
DC Heroes from Mayfair Games (now known as MEGS, Mayfair Exponential Game System) used the characteristic "Motivation" to describe a character's ethical behavior. They were selected from a list divided into "heroic" (upholding the good, responsibility of power, seeking justice, thrill of adventure, and unwanted power) and "villainous" (mercenary, thrill seeker, psychopath, power lust, and nihilist). In the MEGS licensed game Blood of Heroes by Pulsar Games, a set of "anti-heroic" variations on some of the heroic and villainous motivations were presented, allowing characters to exist in moral and ethical gray areas.

To enforce the motivations, players are awarded or deducted character points, which have various uses, depending on their actions. For instance, good characters are awarded points for good and heroic behaviour while evil behaviour can cost them.

Hero and Villain alignment... anyone know what the Blood of Heroes "anti-heroic" variations were?

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 07, 2014 02:13AM
The "Anti-Heroic" Motivations are: Mercenary, Power Lust, Responsibility of Power, Seeking Justice, Thrill of Adventure, and Unwanted Power.

Mercenary - The character commits crimes simply for money; is not a cold-blooded killer. They will kill if they feel they have no choice. They may still have a bit of a conscience, and even do a good deed or two if it's not out of the way. They will break the law, but are not murder-spree-happy madmen.

Power Lust - Addicted to power and will do almost anything to get it. Anti-heroes with Power Lust will do a lot of questionable things, but generally stop short of outright killing to achieve their goals.

Responsibility of Power - Anti-Heroes with this Motivation feel they should be using their powers to help people, but at the same time feel they are above the law, or should not be restricted by them.

Seeking Justice - An Anti-Hero that seeks justice will do whatever it takes to destroy evil, has no qualms about breaking the law and killing evil-doers.

Thrill of Adventure - Adrenaline junkies who enjoy exciting and dangerous situations; they don't go out looking to kill people, but sometimes just don't care if innocents get hurt because of their actions.

Unwanted Power - Hates the power that he has, but suffers from some complication due to having them in the first place (like a vampire who needs blood to survive). May not always be in control of his/her actions. The power is basically a curse to them.

"It's 'Maniacles'...like 'maniacal' and 'Hercules' randomly and gleefully mashed together."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 02:41AM by Maniacles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.