Suicide Squad Movie (DC)

Posted by MajorSteel 
Suicide Squad Movie (DC)
November 08, 2014 10:53AM
Must have slipped by me, first time I am hearing about it.

Source:
[comicbook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 11:40AM by The_Skycutter.
Re: Suicide Squad Movie (DC)
November 08, 2014 06:09PM
My friend doesn't think they will end up naming the movie Suicide Squad and will change it. Thoughts?

November 09, 2014 10:55AM
The term "suicide" is relatively negative, thus they will most likely change it to market the movie better and appeal to the younger crowd/movie watcher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 04:04PM by The_Skycutter.
November 10, 2014 07:27AM
I think it depends on how popular the name is as to whether or not they'll use it as a movie title. I haven't been keeping up with DC Comics since their crappy reboot, so I wouldn't know if Suicide Squad has become a big deal for them or not. Of course, what they could do is use the title of a given story as the movie title, and just say that it features the Suicide Squad. For example, if they were making a live action movie about the recent Suicide Squad animated feature's story, Suicide Squad: Assault On Arkham, then they could just call the movie Assault On Arkham, and depending on where its being marketed, just throw "Featuring the Suicide Squad" under the name.

While I wouldn't mind them using a different title for the movie, I certainly hope they don't change the name of the team for the sake of the movie. Otherwise, why make the movie?? Meh... same old rant from me, I know.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 07:28AM by Thrudjelmer.
November 10, 2014 09:50AM
Suicide Squad, Sinister Six, Lame Attempt to Make Something Out of Nothing for the Sake of Money. I think I'm good with whatever they name it.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley
November 10, 2014 09:25PM
[www.cnn.com]

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn? Hmmm... why is it that I can't think of a way to criticize this decision?

Must be because I'm still remembering her nude scenes from Wolf of Wall Street. Humina humina humina. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 12, 2014 05:21AM
I'm completely unfamiliar with the Suicide Squad, as long as its a decently entertaining and well acted film, I can probably enjoy this.
November 12, 2014 09:37AM
FASERIPPER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm completely unfamiliar with the Suicide Squad,
> as long as its a decently entertaining and well
> acted film, I can probably enjoy this.

Basically The Dirty Dozen using Super-Villains instead of convict soldiers. They do dirty off-the-books jobs that would get the agency they're working for all locked up if found out while offering pardons up for anyone that survives to the end of their tour.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 03, 2015 12:10PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Basically The Dirty Dozen using Super-Villains
> instead of convict soldiers. They do dirty
> off-the-books jobs that would get the agency
> they're working for all locked up if found out
> while offering pardons up for anyone that survives
> to the end of their tour.

What an interesting way to do things!

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 04:27PM by The_Skycutter.
January 03, 2015 04:11PM
tystates Wrote:
> My friend doesn't think they will end up naming
> the movie Suicide Squad and will change it.
> Thoughts?

The Suicide Squad is also known as Task Force X! smoking smiley

The Cutter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 04:21PM by The_Skycutter.
January 04, 2015 10:53AM
Task Force X? or X as in 10?
January 04, 2015 11:34AM
MajorSteel Wrote:
> Task Force X? or X as in 10?

MajorSteel, the team is called Task Force X or Suicide Squad.
[en.wikipedia.org]

The Cutter

January 04, 2015 10:45PM
MajorSteel Wrote:
> Task Force X? or X as in 10?

Fun fact, the original Weapon X storyline was conceived as the X being the roman numeral meaning 10, but everyone called him X as in the letter so it stuck.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley
January 15, 2015 02:13PM
May 03, 2015 02:02PM
[comicbook.com]

9 people in that photo. And some people are complaining that Avengers: Age of Ultron is too busy with it's big cast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 02:03PM by Thrudjelmer.
May 03, 2015 06:35PM
Given that they seem to be going dark with the DC Universe heroes as opposed to how how Marvel is going, I think Suicide will stick.

Joe Solarte stats, background. [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
May 04, 2015 03:55PM
Margot Robbie looks so cute as Harley Quinn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 06:24AM by GmJoeSolarte.
May 04, 2015 08:30PM
GmJoeSolarte Wrote:
> Margot Robbie looks so quite as Harley Quinn
>
> [t3.gstatic.com]
> -pTWPfDH8sfLMmJYReZLCp_DrflPyn7UJ8mCc57Mpo9qBWj8A5
> Q1rkZavxD4

I don't get that feeling at all. She looks like a cheap tramp who got her outfit from Hot Topic or whatever for a lame cosplay effort. Also, most of the people in that photo aren't really recognizable as the characters they're supposed to be, so it feels like there's going to be a disconnect between the movie and the comics those characters originated from, leaving any movie goer who decides to check out the comics confused at best or disappointed in either the comics or the movie at worst.

May 05, 2015 06:26AM
sorry, rephrased. Margot Robbie IMO looks very cute in that photo. You are correct that they seem to be emphasizing on the actor's face over the villains image.

Goes back to in the original Spiderman Trilogy, of Tobey McGuire doing most of the final battles with his mask off just because he wants to be seen as Spidey when we know that losing his mask is Spidey's most sacrilgeous thing.

May 06, 2015 05:44PM
This movie doesn't look very good, to me at least. It feels forced. Suicide Squad is a cool idea for a movie, but maybe too fanboyish to be really marketable. But then again Guardians of the Galaxy did very well and was a lot of fun, so maybe this movie will surprise me. So far, not so much with the cast photo, or the Joker photo.
May 07, 2015 06:42PM
skinwalker Wrote:
> This movie doesn't look very good, to me at least.
> It feels forced. Suicide Squad is a cool idea for
> a movie, but maybe too fanboyish to be really
> marketable. But then again Guardians of the Galaxy
> did very well and was a lot of fun, so maybe this
> movie will surprise me. So far, not so much with
> the cast photo, or the Joker photo.

Very forced. Its what lots of the non-Marvel studios are doing now. They have a big universe with lots of movies and they make money so if we do the exact same thing, whether we have to shoe horn them all together or not, we will of course make a bajillion dollars as well. Superman vs Batman is simply Justice League Beta Version. Hell even franchises like Transformers are trying to go shared universe.

I feel the Superhero movie bubble bursting already. Marvel is still kicking ass but even AoU is getting some shit thrown at it simply cause it didn't beat the 3rd highest grossing movie of all times opening weekend. If Marvel stumbles with Ant-Man get ready for the backlash to commence.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 15
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.