DC - The Multiversity Guidebook

Posted by Thrudjelmer 
DC - The Multiversity Guidebook
December 03, 2014 08:57AM
[www.newsarama.com]

So, something I never really looked into before because I absolutely hated the Nu52 reboot, but was the previous main continuity completely erased with the reboot, or has it just been reshuffled into one of the other 51 worlds? Because it seems kind of silly to have a few dozen alternate realities lying around and basically just throw out the one that was working fine for fans for the previous ten years.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
Re: DC - The Multiversity Guidebook
December 05, 2014 11:40PM
From what I gather, it seems that the previous (post-Crisis on Infinite Earths) continuity has indeed been re-shuffled to one of the alternate Earths. The current continuity is almost all-new except for stuff left over from the Green Lantern Corps and Batman, with new retconned material being written in to smooth over the transition.

"It's 'Maniacles'...like 'maniacal' and 'Hercules' randomly and gleefully mashed together."
December 06, 2014 07:30AM
Don't care about comic books per-se, but I would buy this to use as an RPG reference when running a DC Heroes campaign. It looks really awesome. thumbs up
December 09, 2014 03:34PM
I'll probably buy this, but with the grudging fear that its contents will be obsolete and irrelevant to canonicity within 6 months.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 4
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.