Wil Wheaton: Setting the bar with TITANSGRAVE

Posted by SecretDefender 
Wil Wheaton: Setting the bar with TITANSGRAVE
June 19, 2015 06:43AM

If I had the tech and the artwork, this is how I would show our group RP in my MSH campaign.

Episode 1 is also very entertaining. The video I posted is Episode 0.
Re: Wil Wheaton: Setting the bar with TITANSGRAVE
June 20, 2015 07:57AM
After watching thsese episodes a couple of times, it occurred to me that I have never run a MSH game without a map and miniatures. However, Classic MSH is perfect for not needing a map or mini 's. Most battles take place within the same area so all combatants can move where ever thy want without tracking. If flyers are chasing each other around you could just describe the action as " Turbo flys out 5 areas closing in on Dark Ranger who was 7 areas away. Now att two areas away, Turbo fires her plasma beam (range 3 areas) at Night Ranger. "
June 20, 2015 08:07AM
I believe that games such as D&D and Mathfinder (not a typo; Pathfinder is MATH-finder. ALTHOUGH, I have seen a few MSH character sheets that resembled tax-returns. Anyway, D&D and Mathfinder seem to "push" the miniatures market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 08:10AM by SecretDefender.
June 20, 2015 08:34AM
I have hardly ever played a (RP) game with minis; I remember being amazed the first time I came across a group who thought it was essential! smiling smiley

I wonder if its a legacy of the hobbies origins in war gaming - my impression is that the latest RP games (excluding pathfinder, which I understand is a a D&D clone?) no longer push miniatures as necessary. i ran a one shot of "Chubos Marvelous Wish Granting Engine" not to long ago... take alook at the examples of play section if your interested

RP games have changed a lot since MSH was first written! grinning smiley
June 20, 2015 07:30PM
SecretDefender Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ALTHOUGH,
> I have seen a few MSH character sheets that
> resembled tax-returns.

Hey! Don't blame my sheets for being thorough! ROTFLOL

TAG
June 22, 2015 06:29AM
ThatArtGuy posted "Hey! Don't blame my sheets for being thorough! ROTFLOL"

Thorough is not a bad thing what so ever.

It depends upon what each of us likes. Overall, it is difficult to have an MSH character sheet look the same as a character sheet from Champions or Mutants and Masterminds. Every attribute point, power point, skill point, accounted for mathmatically.
June 30, 2015 10:28AM
Mini's...AD&D
never for MSH
July 13, 2015 07:49AM
I'd never run MSH without maps and counters. The extremely dynamic, coarse-grained map system is too much part of the fun.
July 16, 2015 01:52PM
It is true that the maps and counters are fun to look at. I haveused psycedelic-style posters to represent the landscape of weird dimensions. I like to use heroclix figs. But it is cool that you can just sit around with just a character sheet, two d10, and a pencil. Imagination is the fuel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 10
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.