Gotham Season 2 Discussion Thread

Posted by GmJoeSolarte 
Gotham Season 2 Discussion Thread
September 21, 2015 07:16PM
Well, Gotham is back and off to a good start! The Penguin and Victor Zyzaz seem to be at full tilt- Selena Kyle is growing into what she is going to become. And the break out of Arkham happened and we seem to have a lot of potential. And Edward Nygma is also heading into full scale lunacy!

I'm glad its back.

Joe Solarte stats, background. [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Re: Gotham Season 2 Discussion Thread
September 30, 2015 06:34AM
I like the idea of Gotham. My only real complaint is that the Joker overshadow is drowning the more interesting things, and I really don't like Barbara.

I do like the descent of Edward towards the RIddler, and I think that he's often overshadowed by the others....wrongfully so....I like his story arc the best.
September 30, 2015 10:27AM
So one thing I don't get about Gotham...

If Bruce is like 10 in the series and all the villains are in their mid to late twenties, by the time Bruce is full on Batman (age 30), most of the villains will be pushing 50? confused smiley

September 30, 2015 06:09PM
I guess we can only wait and see. No Penguin in this episode, that kinda sucked.

Still, a bloody episode to be sure!

Gonzo Gotham might work
October 02, 2015 06:33PM
Season 2 seemed to throw out all rational logic season 1 tried to cling to and has gone totally gonzo. I'm still going to watch the show but don't expect verisimilitude here.

I will spare everyone a laundry list of problems I have with the show , or at least scratch my head moments but one thing they need to cut back on is people getting taken/ kidnapped/broken into automatically. The ex commissioner, the mayor, police precincts etc etc.

Just cut back on it a bit. But if it happens in ep.3 I'll be ready for it.

Although the gonzo TV syle might work for Gotham - co Ed insane asylums, kid at body count crime scenes, legal guardian issues ( averted ) maybe they should really go over the top. Like federal law enforcement getting involved with Gotham city crime issues. I kid. But I would like to see some supernatural villains that are from batmans golden or silver age . Ones that wouldn't conflict with Bruce Wayne's comparative age problems. At this point I think it's ok to introduce super powered powers now that the realistic police procedural doesn't need to be adhered to strictly.
October 09, 2015 04:04AM
Punstarr posted: So one thing I don't get about Gotham...

If Bruce is like 10 in the series and all the villains are in their mid to late twenties, by the time Bruce is full on Batman (age 30), most of the villains will be pushing 50?

Here is my take on this series, particularly after seeing how Season 2, Ep 2, just ended. You have to divorce your knowledge of the DC Comics Batman incarnations. This is it's OWN universe. Call it, the GOTHAM UNIVERSE, for instance.

Just look at the relationship young Master Wayne has with Selina Kyle. I don't know of another DC Universe where they met as children.
October 09, 2015 06:11PM
This weeks episode was certainly epic. I know I was thinking he was the Joker and we certainly saw his legacy unleashed but that was an amazing twist!

October 10, 2015 07:39AM
What is the appropriate number of days to discuss what transpired on an episode? Or do you post SPOILER ALERT Aland just post?
October 11, 2015 03:58AM
hmm, good point. Maybe the mods should put the SPOILER ALERT on the topic heading. I would say...perhaps a full week from now on?

October 14, 2015 10:25AM
I think the show is really taking off. Is 1 week enough to talk about what happened?

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
October 20, 2015 10:17AM
The last episode was very interesting. Now we know the history of the Galvan's.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
October 20, 2015 08:12PM
I think the Penguin capitulated to Galavan to easily and too quickly. The Penguin could have just as easily sent in Victor Zyzaz in to capture Galavan and torture his mothers location out of him.

October 22, 2015 05:22AM
GmJoeSolarte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Penguin capitulated to Galavan to
> easily and too quickly. The Penguin could have
> just as easily sent in Victor Zyzaz in to capture
> Galavan and torture his mothers location out of
> him.

The Penguin is a master at reading people's intentions and emotions.

He is wise to gauge Galvan's power before acting. Now he knows the Glavin family origin. We'll see if his play with Butch works or not.

October 22, 2015 05:55PM
But i think the Penguin caved to easily to begin with.

October 24, 2015 09:16AM
break-in's , abductions and assassinations are a green feat roll with a plus +4 Column shift bonus. at least in the city of Gotham.

perhaps in metropolis its harder.

im still watching though.

PS- A nod or just a total rip off from the film ( part historical ) The Untouchables starring kevin costner and sean connery. heavy handed.
November 30, 2015 12:56AM
Bruce gave us a glimer of the Dark Knight he is destined to become.
December 02, 2015 04:03PM
Yeah. It was a good first half of the season. Don't know why Victor Zzazz was under utilized. He is very bit the hitter that Tabitha is. Maybe even more so.

December 07, 2015 07:47AM
The second season was excellent. Can't wait for the thrid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.