Daredevil Season 2

Posted by ThatArtGuy 
Daredevil Season 2
March 17, 2016 10:19PM
First episode is great! Punisher fans will be happy.

TAG
Re: Daredevil Season 2
March 18, 2016 01:36AM
I cannot wait till tonight. Jon Bernthal looks like a great choice.

Popeye the Sailor vs All Three Stooges

Spinach comes out and someone dies.
March 18, 2016 01:37PM
Seen the first couple of episodes, not a fan of their version so far of him, although damn but that store owner was majorly too dumb to live. I mean seriously, big badass dude who's clearly a killer and you try and offer up a 12 year old to him?! You don't even remotely bother to think child molesters work up serious methods of covering things so people don't know what they are because many otherwise stone-cold killers are disgusted by them? Then top it off with 'hey I'm just trying to make a little money!'? It's baffling he'd survived as long as he did being that incapable of reading a situation.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 21, 2016 04:39AM
Loving it so far. But my wife demands I wait to watch it with her...So no binging...ARGH! Up to episode 2 and totally hooked once again. DD is the BEST of Marvel TV.
March 21, 2016 12:42PM
Haven't watched it yet, but I'll get to soon!!
March 21, 2016 02:44PM
Liked this season more then I did the first and that's saying a lot.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley
March 26, 2016 06:55AM
Might want to put a spoiler tag on this thread at least for a bit.

Joe Solarte stats, background. [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
March 27, 2016 09:24AM
Why a 500ft hole in the ground?
Why 'creepy kids' & why creepy kids blood transfusions? Was it a vampiric immortal un-life exchange type thing?
If Elektra was the McGuffin (the Black Sky thing being not adequately explained) why were they trying to kill her by poisoning earlier?
Bit too much of a co-incidence Frank Castle was previously involved with same people / circumstances at the same time and place that led to his family's murder?
What was the deal with the zombie ninjas / not zombie ninjas | autopsy not having hearts / having hearts and slowing them so DareDevil couldn't hear them?

Also found DareDevil's characterization to be a bit inconsistent, mostly throughout he's adamant killing is not the solution & then on the boat he's all like ah **** it maybe just a little bit of killing wouldn't hurt. Also he's flip flopping between love interests Elektra & Karen Page which made him come across a bit of a jerk.

In summary not as solid as the first season which I thought was much better of the two.
March 27, 2016 10:50AM
Spoilers within? Proceed at your own risk.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
March 28, 2016 04:51AM
Thrudjelmer,

Regarding the 500 ft hole it wasn't explained, it was just a set piece to keep the viewer wondering until the next episode.

Regarding creepy kids, wasn't explained the viewer was left to assume they were victims being used in a cult ritual, complicated by the fact they behaved like they were possessed in the hospital which was also not addressed. The Hand could have used a ritual to possess the children making them more compliant when The Hand ninja came to collect but this was also left to viewer conjecture and as to why The Hand needed the children any longer.

Regarding Elektra, I can rationalize your explanation for this sequence of events.

Regarding Frank Castle, at the same time he takes his family to the park, at the same time the mobs decided to kill each other, at the same time the justice department happens to be running a sting operation. If your claim is the Blacksmith was trying to get revenge on Frank because 'abandonment issues' there'd be no reason to involve the gangs who were at the same time negotiating a business arrangement which as is made clear was a set up by the Blacksmith to eliminate the competition. It was all so convenient that Castle also happened to be there at the time this is happening and comes over like it was just thrown in to make the Punisher story work.

Regarding Zombie ninja, the point I'm making was it was implied The Hand was using 'natural' mystical techniques to slow their heart rates, it was also implied they had their hearts removed. So which is it?

Regarding DareDevil's characterization, his words were 'maybe just this once', he was portrayed as being indecisive over this, Castle had to interject and point out correctly once you cross that line there's no going back. So yeah quite a turn around from earlier and throughout where he was adamant 'No Killing' this precise insistence almost got Elektra killed earlier on.

Regarding Matt Murdoch's love interests, he was all ready to jump on board with Elektra just before she bites the dust. Then no sooner is that out of the way he's confessing his identity to Karen, who throughout the series was expressing concern and worry regarding what could be happening with Matt, to which he doesn't seem to be overly concerned. Just because it's the end of the series doesn't mean he stops being DareDevil, The Hand is still active. So the explanation he did it to keep her safe comes across as a bit weak IMO.

This is why in my opinion this season lacks the consistency of the first season. The writers/directors seemed to be trying to throw too much 'extra' into one season and as a result I think the relatively simple plot was dragged out over thirteen episodes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.