Reminds me of what my friend said after he saw "The Crow 2."

"So, how was it?"
"Well, it was a pretty movie..."

TAG
Re: X-Men Apocalypse
May 23, 2016 08:45PM
May 25, 2016 01:27AM
All the X-Men films have something good in them, even if it is just a concept they got right, and I haven't found any of them actually fun. Days and Wolverine had really great scenes and managed to drop off at the end. That is a writing problem.

Will see it in a week or two.

Deadpool is the best X-Men movie!

Popeye the Sailor vs All Three Stooges

Spinach comes out and someone dies.
May 25, 2016 09:45AM
Tigerfaced God Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Deadpool is the best X-Men movie!

Yup. thumbs up cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
May 26, 2016 07:35AM
I'm holding onto the thinnest shred of hope that I'll enjoy it. I've been rereading Uncanny from its start up to 158 at the current date and really want to love this film. I just wish they would go with the colorful costumes, moments of joy (can we get an X-Baseball game PLEASE!!!, and more of the core X-Men rather than WOLVERINE and some random mutants. In retrospect I really enjoy the first film as its the only X-Man film I can really recognize.
June 01, 2016 08:39AM
Well saw it yesterday and was severely disappointed. I went in with low expectations and even those were too high in retrospect.

While it was really nice to see Cyclops and Jean Grey, it took precious too fews from the comics about their characterizations. This is in fact a consistent throughout the film in that none of the characters felt connected to the source material except by their powers. But the relationships and personalities feel like they were written by someone who has never read the comics.

Like BvS it took way too long to get going and once it does it looked like a series of cut scenes from video games. I guess thats ok, but I kind of expect more.

They go to the well way too often with each movie having to have Wolverine and Magneto. It smothers the other characters.

Altogether disappointing and in my opinion the worst of the prequel X films.
June 02, 2016 04:41AM
This is one case where too many people I know were disappointed. I'm going to pass and wait for the DVD.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
June 03, 2016 03:52AM
Wait for the DVD if you like but know that my perspective on the X-Men comes from someone who has a deep affection for the title going back to when I was a kid in the 80s. I can recall one of the first comics I owned was X-Men 150 which still holds up as a classic. So I may be guilty of being a bit too precious with the X-Men and get butt hurt when I see the characters used in a way that doesn't feel right to me. If your more of a casual fan of the book, then this might very well be a fun film. The inner fan boy in me was just too outraged to enjoy it.
June 03, 2016 05:05AM
I'm not a huge x-men fan, and think this film stinks
June 03, 2016 08:08AM
J Bone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait for the DVD if you like but know that my
> perspective on the X-Men comes from someone who
> has a deep affection for the title going back to
> when I was a kid in the 80s. I can recall one of
> the first comics I owned was X-Men 150 which still
> holds up as a classic. So I may be guilty of being
> a bit too precious with the X-Men and get butt
> hurt when I see the characters used in a way that
> doesn't feel right to me. If your more of a casual
> fan of the book, then this might very well be a
> fun film. The inner fan boy in me was just too
> outraged to enjoy it.

I liked the comic and enjoyed the X-Men movies.

I'd rank the movies thusly:

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (2011)
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (2014)
X-MEN (2000)
X2: X-MEN UNITED (2003)
X-MEN: THE LAST STAND (2006)

I suspect the new one will rank 5th or 6th.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
June 03, 2016 04:00PM
Can't believe one of the actresses from the movie is claiming that some of the ads for the movie encourage violence against women because it shows Apocalypse doing a classic neck lift on Mystique. I swear, it's a standard 'I'm a badass villain' pose and happens to male heroes as well.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 03, 2016 04:17PM
Violence against women is bad.
Violence against fictional women is bad because it encourages it, or at least desensitizes people to it.
Violence against superpowered women is no different, even if the woman is more powerful than the average man because reasons.

And women who put themselves in the way of danger because they have powers should automatically triumph over male aggressors because any inference of violence against women equates to the worst possible cases of physical abuse against helpless women. End of story.

As such, I think we need to remove women from comics for their own good. No more heroines, certainly no villainesses... because even the strongest among them need to be protected like delicate flowers, while it's perfectly acceptable to show men abused in the exact same ways.

Sorry, I'm against violence as much as anyone, but I'm the jerk who replies to comments of "You shouldn't hit women" with "you shouldn't hit ANYBODY." And if women want to claim empowerment and ask to be treated equally and everything else, then their fictional heroes are going to have to take some lumps just like their male counterparts... otherwise they're not heroes, they're just propaganda pieces.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
June 05, 2016 04:14PM
Actors should have protested how damn boring this movie is.

Stop making X movies without Deadpool

Slow, borring, confusing and half hearted. Boooo.

Popeye the Sailor vs All Three Stooges

Spinach comes out and someone dies.
June 26, 2016 03:46PM
I saw the name Bryan Singer and stopped watching the trailer. I already knew the movie would suck. Haven't heard different from anyone that actually paid to see it.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.