Hiding Mystique

Posted by Thrudjelmer 
Hiding Mystique
October 15, 2016 04:46AM
So, if you were considered a wanted terrorist with shapeshifting powers and a bunch of ticked off heroes were going to come looking for you, where would you hide?
  1. My first thought was in a team of heroes, impersonating one of their number so it would be a heroic brawl in the making when the ticked off heroes come looking.
  2. But then I'm thinking something like SHIELD who hides away from the prying eyes and, if I recall correctly, doesn't Mystique have enough psi-shielding to hide from any SHIELD psi-spies that might ferret out other shapeshifters?
  3. Third option? A powerful villain group that might not have any interest in her specifically, but if heroes come investigating the villains are likely to see questions about Mystique's location as just a convenient excuse for the heroes to butt in where they're not wanted... the villains fight the heroes unwittingly on Mystique's behalf, and she can try to escape in the aftermath.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
Re: Hiding Mystique
October 15, 2016 08:02AM
Hide or masquerade as a member of the National Security Agency?
Even if such an individual was suspect; I imagine a lot of policies and internal practices would still keep the individual safe and beyond reproach long enough to disappear again.

One world of adventure is never enough.
October 29, 2016 08:36PM
Nobody ever thinks to look in plain sight.

Mystique could be Dr. Doom.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
October 30, 2016 06:22AM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nobody ever thinks to look in plain sight.
>
> Mystique could be Dr. Doom.

I would think Dr. Doom would have a problem with that.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
October 30, 2016 03:35PM
I think a better "hiding in plain sight" cover might be as Henry Peter Gyrich (or one of his assistants), or a member of the Trask family.

Be Ex/20 to each other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 9
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.