RE: powers from forms

Posted by barna10 
RE: powers from forms
November 21, 2016 03:39AM
How do you handle bonus powers from forms?

For instance, a Demon (UPB ) gets GD Fire Generation and Invulnerability to Fire. Do these take up power slots in your games? Do you allow the free power stunt with Fire Generation?

Note: I'm not focusing on the Demon, just used that as an example.

Re: RE: powers from forms
November 21, 2016 04:09AM
They shouldn't take up any power slots because they're inherent to the form, so in the given example the demon's Invulnerability to Fire and Good Fire Generation don't count against the number of powers that they have although if one wanted to they could use up a power slot in order to improve upon one of those existing powers (so again in the given example they could use up a power slot to purchase Fire Generation which would automatically be at least one rank greater than the existing power so if they rolled Good or less for power rank it would automatically be Excellent).

Just like the Ethereal doesn't have to pay power slots for their naturally phased nature, or the Changeling for their multiple forms. It's the perk you get for that form.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 21, 2016 06:19AM
I'd put in the option for either. The rules can be read either way. At that point, it's up to the Judge.

TAG
November 21, 2016 09:13AM
November 22, 2016 11:38AM
Along the same lines, what happens if you have nemesis with said demon, do you keep your demonic powers? My guess would be yes, just looking to see if there is an argument opposing that.
November 22, 2016 12:26PM
Savagex1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Along the same lines, what happens if you have
> nemesis with said demon, do you keep your demonic
> powers? My guess would be yes, just looking to see
> if there is an argument opposing that.

No reason why you wouldn't, the powers are natural to the form. You wouldn't expect someone with claws as part of their form like a humanoid cat to have them go away after all just because he had Nemesis.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 23, 2016 03:45AM
My interpretation always matched Nightmask's. During our last run through with MSH, one of our players rolled a Chiropteran, and he received the Flight power at Good strength for free, and it did not count against his powers.

With the alternate interpretation, there could then be cases where the form has so many perks that it would eat up all your power slots, and there wouldn't be anything left to play with. That doesn't sound so fun. But allowing for both interpretations would definitely be a good solution!
November 25, 2016 03:50PM
What about Demihumans -Avian and Chiropterans: do they automatically have flight?

Or Demihumans - Felionoid and their claws or climbing? UPB says they have claws but doesn't list power strength, and says they get +1CS climbing but +1CS to what? I'm leaning towards PR for both? Thoughts?

November 25, 2016 05:48PM
barna10 Wrote:
> What about Demihumans -Avian and Chiropterans: do
> they automatically have flight?

I would imagine so, roll for the rank of flight.

> Or Demihumans - Felionoid and their claws or
> climbing? UPB says they have claws but doesn't
> list power strength, and says they get +1CS
> climbing but +1CS to what? I'm leaning towards PR
> for both? Thoughts?

I'd say you roll for the MS and damage since no rank is given, to represent diversity in the effectiveness from one felinoid to the next.

-- Peter David

November 26, 2016 04:05AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> barna10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What about Demihumans -Avian and Chiropterans:
> do
> > they automatically have flight?
>
> I would imagine so, roll for the rank of flight.
>
> > Or Demihumans - Felionoid and their claws or
> > climbing? UPB says they have claws but doesn't
> > list power strength, and says they get +1CS
> > climbing but +1CS to what? I'm leaning towards
> PR
> > for both? Thoughts?
>
> I'd say you roll for the MS and damage since no
> rank is given, to represent diversity in the
> effectiveness from one felinoid to the next.

Good interpretation, going with this

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 10
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.