Terrax the Tamer (Deceased)
Dazzler (Temporary)
Nova (Deceased)
Morg the Executioner (Deceased)
Red Shift (Deceased)
Stardust (MIA)
Praeter (Current Herald)

*** I am not counting Johnny Storm as he was a very temporary herald ***

My vote for power is the Surfer. My vote for Loyalty is a tie between AirWalker and Nova..

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: Heralds of Galactus!
December 19, 2016 09:55AM
My vote for power + loyalty would be Morg the Executioner.

The only herald who actually never betrayed Galactus and powerful enough to face the team of Silver Surfer, Terrax, The Air-Walker automaton and Firelord. Also, he killed Nova during this Herald Ordeal and continued to fight against the heralds even after Galactus removed his power cosmic.

With Morg on the list I can't even see a contender close to him in a one vs one scenario.

One world of adventure is never enough.
December 19, 2016 12:20PM
Dazzler was never a herald outside of a what-if, her time serving him in 616 he simply empowered her with enough sonic energy to be at roughly the level of one of his heralds and provided her with a protective energy sheath to survive the black hole she sent him into to capture Terrax. Meanwhile you've left off the Invisible Man (aka Johnny Storm, whose powers had been swapped with his sister at the time) who was briefly a herald although definitely the lowest with regards to loyalty and probably power as well (although Airwalker was probably about the same level or lower).

Loyalty-wise Airwalker was most loyal along with Morg, Power-Wise Morg was likely the most powerful since he had both the Power Cosmic (with Galactus intending to make him the most powerful ever) and that mystical energy he acquired and even with just the mystical power he was roughly the same level as the Silver Surfer and even revived himself from an otherwise dead state with it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
December 19, 2016 12:51PM
I think if we were to look outside of 616 continuity for the most powerful herald, it would be Superman.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
December 19, 2016 01:22PM
World Breaker might give Superman a run for his money though.
December 20, 2016 05:50AM
Thrudjelmer
I think if we were to look outside of 616 continuity for the most powerful herald, it would be Superman.

What would the FASERIP stats of Superman/Herald of Galactus look like?
December 20, 2016 08:26AM
Screaming Dean
Thrudjelmer

Galactus would quickly DQ the boy scout. His heralds need loser ethics.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
December 20, 2016 01:26PM
Taarna
Screaming Dean
Thrudjelmer

It's not like Clark would be possessed of a higher standard of ethics than someone like the Silver Surfer. Superman would probably perform just as the Silver Surfer had as well. He would try to lead the World Devourer to worlds in an attempt to save as much life as he could, just like Norrin did. It's not like the fact that he is Superman makes him powerful enough to confront or stop Galactus.

December 20, 2016 01:35PM
Necromancer
Taarna
Screaming Dean
Thrudjelmer

It's not like Clark would be possessed of a higher standard of ethics than someone like the Silver Surfer. Superman would probably perform just as the Silver Surfer had as well. He would try to lead the World Devourer to worlds in an attempt to save as much life as he could, just like Norrin did. It's not like the fact that he is Superman makes him powerful enough to confront or stop Galactus.

Norrin didn't do that though, he was blank slated by Galactus so he wouldn't have his morality getting in the way which was also done with Superman, and just like with Norrin at the critical moment he got his memories and morality restored (seeing Franklin's Superman action figure if memory serves, reminding him of his talking with Franklin earlier in the story).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
December 20, 2016 01:37PM
Nightmask
Necromancer
Taarna
Screaming Dean
Thrudjelmer

Norrin didn't do that though, he was blank slated by Galactus so he wouldn't have his morality getting in the way which was also done with Superman, and just like with Norrin at the critical moment he got his memories and morality restored (seeing Franklin's Superman action figure if memory serves, reminding him of his talking with Franklin earlier in the story).

That would have been my second point of discourse, that Galactus would have altered him like he did to the Surfer.

December 21, 2016 09:52AM
I've missed out on a bunch of the stories involving many of these Heralds. I can only recall the Silver Surfer, Air Walker, Firelord, Terrax, Destroyer and Nova.

So from that grouping the Surfer has to be the most powerful. He might also have been the most loyal as he was meant to have been there for a long time before coming to Earth if Im not mistaken.

My personal favorite though is Terrax. I always got excited when I saw him in a book and even paid a good bit of coin for the Marvel Legends action figure of him.
December 21, 2016 04:42PM
Actually, if we're talking the Asgardian Destroyer armor that Thor gave to Galactus to be his herald, then I think the Destroyer wins hands down for most powerful without even being granted any power by Galactus. Loyalty, however suffers as the Destroyer had no will of its own without an animating life force and Galactus found it to be useless as a herald... which might disqualify it as being one of the heralds, I don't know. But when it's animated, it's way more powerful than the movie version and could likely handle all of the other classic heralds combined.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
December 21, 2016 06:52PM
Forgot Aunt May, the Golden Oldie winking smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
December 22, 2016 09:59AM
Dead Sidekick
Forgot Aunt May, the Golden Oldie winking smiley
Lol was just going to mention her. As such a frail old lady she defended Franklin in the face of Galactus, I think she wins the award for chutzbah if nothing else.

She was very polite when she gathered up all of those twinkies for him though
January 09, 2017 06:52AM
What about Aunt May? Wasn't she a Herald for a spell?
January 09, 2017 09:37AM
J Bone
What about Aunt May? Wasn't she a Herald for a spell?

Only in a joke short that ended with Franklin Richards absorbing the power cosmic out of her when she hugged him.

-- Peter David

January 10, 2017 02:14PM
She fed Galactus Twinkies... that's cannon as far as I'm concerned grinning smiley
January 11, 2017 03:33AM
Aunt May is OP!
March 15, 2017 09:00AM
Nightmask
Meanwhile you've left off the Invisible Man (aka Johnny Storm, whose powers had been swapped with his sister at the time) who was briefly a herald although definitely the lowest with regards to loyalty and probably power as well (although Airwalker was probably about the same level or lower).

I love the Perceptor - Johnny Storm. i always wanted to play him. They have his stats on Ben Riley RPG page.
March 15, 2017 04:12PM
infinite76
Nightmask
Meanwhile you've left off the Invisible Man (aka Johnny Storm, whose powers had been swapped with his sister at the time) who was briefly a herald although definitely the lowest with regards to loyalty and probably power as well (although Airwalker was probably about the same level or lower).

I love the Perceptor - Johnny Storm. i always wanted to play him. They have his stats on Ben Riley RPG page.

Yes, they're a copy/paste (mostly) of my write-up I posted for him here years ago, although I don't think he was ever called Perceptor unless they retconned that name onto him years later.

-- Peter David

March 16, 2017 10:10AM
Nightmask
infinite76
Nightmask

Yes, they're a copy/paste (mostly) of my write-up I posted for him here years ago, although I don't think he was ever called Perceptor unless they retconned that name onto him years later.

i see that. He actually was just called invisible man in the book. i never actually read that story. now i have to pick it up.
March 31, 2017 01:52PM
Silver Surfer and Then Morg Top Two.
April 23, 2017 04:59AM
What about Anti-Man?
April 26, 2017 04:16PM
I agree that the Destroyer was clearly the most powerful Herald. As it was, it was powerful enough to slice off a Celestials arm.

Though not technically a herald, Tyrant (Galactus' first sentient creation) was probably even more powerful than herald Destroyer.
April 26, 2017 04:46PM
DarkLordBrannon
I agree that the Destroyer was clearly the most powerful Herald. As it was, it was powerful enough to slice off a Celestials arm.

Though not technically a herald, Tyrant (Galactus' first sentient creation) was probably even more powerful than herald Destroyer.

The Destroyer didn't have that power though, it only did that using that massive Odinsword while it was juiced on the lifeforce of every Asgardian save Thor with Odin at the helm. It was then casually melted down by the assembled Celestials.

-- Peter David

May 08, 2017 03:47PM
In the current continuity Anti-Man was his latest Herald by he died saving his master after Galactus's hunger was returned and was made more ravenous than ever. Anti-Man's power was augmented by the Power Cosmic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.