Energy Body question

Posted by mirtos 
Energy Body question
February 28, 2017 06:03PM
ITs been over 20 (probably over 25?) years since ive last played this. (I absolutely searched the forums before posting this question)

And I dont think i had ultimate powers as a kid when i did.

According to Ultimate Powers, The Energy Body ability, the rank you got determines the number of energy body types, and you roll on the modifier for each type. Rolling for the modifier, i understand, but how do you determine the number of energy types based on the rank? I'm confused on that.

Thanks in advance...

Looking forward to getting back into the game.
Re: Energy Body question
March 01, 2017 05:27AM
The simpleist and most likely route is one body type for each rank of the power, so Feeble rank=1, Poor=2, etc.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 05, 2017 05:34AM
I agree with Nightmask. Were it my campaign that's what I would use. Alternatively if they wanted to limit to a single type I would give a +1CS.
March 09, 2017 11:32PM
I had to go back and look because I didn't remember it being that way. The selection in the creation tab says one type of energy but the power in the UPB says multiple. In this case I'd go with one type to start and others can be developed with power stunts. If you look at Energy Sheath, it has similar wording to Energy Body but this is if the power is rolled multiple times. With creation powers and Power Duplication you get slots. I think this is more along the lines of how it is.

Perhaps this power was for the Monica Rambeau version of Captain Marvel, being able to change into multiple energy types was her thing. That still says to me slots with power stunt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 10
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.