RIP Stan Lee

Posted by Taarna 
RIP Stan Lee
November 12, 2018 09:54AM
[abcnews.go.com]

An icon has passed.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: RIP Stan Lee
November 12, 2018 11:04AM
Yup.

To paraphrase: "Death hadda take 'im by ambush, 'cause alla his friends woulda shown up and whupped on Death."

Thanks for your part in the X-Men, Stan.
The Greatest
November 12, 2018 12:16PM
I cannot express fully how much he meant to as a writer and an Imaginator of dreams and ideas of the Fantastical. For ten years ( 1962-1872 ) when he was winning most of the comic book writing awards, was an interesting creative prime for him. A late start for a prime for someone writing comics at age 19.

He proved the creation of a character doesnt stop at the intial concept but grows passed Issue 2 on up.

The Magestic quality and Power of his Silver Surfer ( 1968 ) with John Bucema maybe my favorite work of his. Modern Shakespeare with Cosmic settings. Despite the fact that he Crushed it - with jack Kirby on Fantastic Four, Thor, X-Men Etc. Etc Etc. All Great comics.

I met him once at a comic con and got him to sign my Ironman #1. I asked him what he thought was the hardest comic for him to write and in Stan Lee fashion ( a way to answer without answering ) he said, " they were all hard back then ".

He lived a full - kick ass- 95 year old life.
November 12, 2018 05:26PM
Oh man I am so sad. It is like losing an awesome uncle you never got to meet.
November 13, 2018 05:28AM
During a period of time when I was 10-18, Marvel comics was probably 80% of my leisure reading.

I might actually cry when I see Lee's final cameo's in the movies. I'm happy he enjoyed a second act, and re-introduced his work to a new generation of fans.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
November 17, 2018 09:44AM
Anyone else a fan of Stan Lee here at Classic MARVEL Forever?
November 17, 2018 12:21PM
I met and spoke to him at LAX in (about) 92. He was warm, funny and enthusiastic about everything I said. Great guy
November 18, 2018 04:23AM
I regret never having had the opportunity to meet The Man. sad smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 21, 2018 05:50AM
RIP Stan Lee!
November 21, 2018 05:05PM
Maybe someone on this site could right up a faserip profile for Stan Lee as a memorial.
November 21, 2018 05:44PM
Stan Lee... power of Ultimate Skill - Imagination.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
December 02, 2018 10:23AM
Stan Lee appeared in the comics right from the beginning, as did Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby and even Wally Wood. And then Stan Lee has appeared again in the Issue #0 of the Silver Surfer and the 2000s Fantastic Four. Well worthy of a FASERIP writeup in my opinion.
December 04, 2018 09:18AM
I regret that I never met Mr. Lee but I've spoken with a few who did have that priviledge. The man was a class act and always gracious to fans. We miss you, sir, and thank you for creating and shepherding a universe for us all to play and relax in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.