Light intensity rules

Posted by Charbonne 
Light intensity rules
March 11, 2021 11:33AM
Okay, not sure where to put this, but I was trying to find the rules for light intensity and effects in the system, but can't quite find anything related. Can someone help direct me to where I can find it? Thank you in advance!
Re: Light intensity rules
March 11, 2021 02:11PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, however - in the Judges Book on page 7, there is a section on "Judging Combat". In that section is a sub-section on "Special Situations", which describes light levels and their effect on FEAT rolls (amongst other things). Hope this helps.
March 12, 2021 09:23AM
Not quite, I was more looking at what happens if a light suddenly goes off in an area. One of the powers of one of my players has an effect that it generates light, and I was trying to figure out if it does like a dazzling effect or something of that nature.If necessary, I can probably create some rules to figure out how sudden light works and in what conditions based on intensity.
April 01, 2021 11:41AM
I think the best you'll get is Aurora's Light Generation description on page 23 of the Advanced Judges book

"Light Generation: Beaubier can generate light
of Monstrous Intensity. Targets blinded by this
light are -3CS on all FEATs for 1-10 rounds
afterwards."

April 25, 2021 10:19AM
I know this is unrelated to the actual question, but it's very related to the thread subject.
I have a game coming up where one player is going to be a mutant with light manipulation, so I've put together this light intensity chart (Phorum table syntax doesn't seem to work?):
Light Level                    |                 Intensity
-------------------------------|-----------------------------------
Full-Moonlit night             | Feeble
Nearby match/candle            | Poor
1980's flashlight. Twilight. 
Campfire. Smartphone display   | Typical
Cheap 20XX's LED flashlight, 
Low Interior lighting.  
Stormy Day. Smartphone flash   | Good
Good LED flashlight.  Common 
interior lighting. Overcast Day
on Earth. Clear day on Mars    | Excellent
Halogen bulb.   Sunlight on 
Earth's surface or the Blue 
Area of the Moon               | Remarkable
Nearby welding arc.  Sunlight 
in Earth orbit or on the Moon  | Incredible
Flash grenade                  | Amazing
Sunlight in Venusian orbit     | Monstrous
Sunlight in Mercurial orbit    | Shift X
Sunlight on a star's surface   | Class 1000
Note that the intensity is for the light level, not for the range that the light is cast. (i.e. on a moonlit night you can see quite far, but a nearby candle flame is brighter.) Therefore, a hero can create "sunlight-like" levels within a small area, but to actually generate light *just like* the sun, CL1000 level is required. Of course, to *replace* Sol for the whole star system, you'd also need comparable gravitational powers and some way to keep alive in space.

Critique welcome.
April 26, 2021 07:59AM
Might want to add the Light spectrum as well, for someone that can generate light, might be able to do the various spectrum as well. Though that could be shifted to power stunts and what degree of the spectrum they can enable. Certain ranks for certain spectrum.
Also falling under the power stunts, is a chiromantic or a kaleidoscope of colors they can achieve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 22
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.