The Snyder Cut

Posted by Necromancer 
The Snyder Cut
March 17, 2021 04:42PM
Don't bother. It sucks just as hard the second time...

...only this time you get to suffer for 242 minutes...

One world of adventure is never enough.
Re: The Snyder Cut
March 18, 2021 09:36AM
Lol. The chatter on another group I’m on is much the same.

I think it’s time to lay DC films to rest.
March 19, 2021 06:44PM
Necromancer

Thankfully I didn't bother with it the first time, haven't bothered with any of their failed attempt to create a shared universe to compete with Marvel outside of Wonder Woman (which was fabulous except for them leaving out smoking even in the bar scene while leaving so much else in that was suited to the period like people dying brutally from chemical warfare).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 23, 2021 08:30PM
Necromancer

https://www.ign.com/articles/snyder-cut-justice-league-10-slow-motion-slo-mo
March 24, 2021 05:16AM
ThatArtGuy
Necromancer

https://www.ign.com/articles/snyder-cut-justice-league-10-slow-motion-slo-mo

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outconfuzed smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Snydercut kills DCU

March 26, 2021 08:49AM
The demented snowflakes of the Snyderverse who petitioned since 2017 to get the Snyder Cut released are now trying to petition to force WB to reinstate the Snyderverse, which WB, AT&T and DC want to close the book on, and for good reason in my opinion.

WB should suggest to these special people that they have to fund the films themselves if they want more of them.

Personally, I still do not understand the appeal of the Snyder films, every character in these films are essentially a version of Batman, and the Batman himself is a cheap Punisher knock off...

We are living in an age of unreason, where cancel culture assaults everyone and everything coming out of Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and poorly written.

March 27, 2021 10:31AM
The problem with Snyder's Justice League is the characters don't stand out the way they should, nor do they have good chemistry working with each other as a team.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
March 27, 2021 04:42PM
Taarna
The problem with Snyder's Justice League is the characters don't stand out the way they should, nor do they have good chemistry working with each other as a team.

It's a shame isn't it? DCU films have phenomenal acting talents, but the scripts they are given to work with are just criminally awful.

April 01, 2021 02:30PM
The New Gods film has been canceled after 3 years of development.

Another casualty of the Snyder Cut?

New Gods Canceled

April 02, 2021 04:04PM
Necromancer

New Gods Canceled

Probably a victim of trying to take something that should have that trippy Kirby-esque grandeur and turn it into another bleak and dark landscape. After all they've been trying to make everything just as angsty and miserable as Batman and the New Gods simply cannot be done up that way. They have to exist in shining brightness in opposition to Darkseid's black misery, you can't make them just a different kind of angst.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 03, 2021 05:02PM
Nightmask
Necromancer

New Gods Canceled

Probably a victim of trying to take something that should have that trippy Kirby-esque grandeur and turn it into another bleak and dark landscape. After all they've been trying to make everything just as angsty and miserable as Batman and the New Gods simply cannot be done up that way. They have to exist in shining brightness in opposition to Darkseid's black misery, you can't make them just a different kind of angst.

That is also conceivable. Must be painful to bury your franchise film and then kill two others. Three years of development and funding wasted.

WB and DC need to stop listening to their fan base. It's obvious all they are hearing is "Batman, I am the night!" and "Look Superman just bench pressed a planet." This is not good storytelling.

Remember that time Thor had too cleave a planet in twain to get over with the fans? Me neither, because he didn't have to.

April 07, 2021 08:42AM
I actually liked the film. It was incredibly long and probably meant to be two movies, but the story made much more sense than the first release. My only complaint is the Luthor ending with no mention of the Legion of Doom. Granted, it's very Superfriends, but having two super teams clash sounded like fun.

On a related note, I see HBO Max is exploring a Green Lantern series. Might be worth a try.
April 14, 2021 12:28PM
I yet to watch this and I was thinking 4 hrs? Do I want to?
But it superheroes and i have time coming up to kill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.