Jupiter Legacy!!

Posted by MajorSteel 
Jupiter Legacy!!
April 20, 2021 06:50AM
On Netflix, May 7, 2021!!
If you loved Mark Millar, (The Ultimates), then check it out!!
based on his comicbook!!
Re: Jupiter Legacy!!
May 11, 2021 04:33PM
If you don't like Invincible, you won't like This show.
May 11, 2021 05:10PM
Appears Netflix bought Millar studios so we'll probably see more stuff of his in the future.

I liked Jupiter's Legacy. Didn't read the comic, but show is intriguing.

May 12, 2021 04:28AM
I was very interested in their origins, which seems to be interesting enough, though i hope their more details in season 2
I would give more details, but don't want to ruin it for others who planed to watch it, Maybe in a few weeks.
May 12, 2021 07:17PM
read the first trade ( # 1-5 ) and thought it was good. The art is sharp and clean with the colors doing the heavy lifting instead of inks-

but I found it over-rated. The story and themes are well examined in comics of the 80's and 90's. Also the script is sparse , which goes into the whole-

' decompression ' thing that's been with us since trade paperbacks became the norm with 1 or 2 ideas taking 6 issues to play out.

Mostly the world building was thin and held no substance to the story - just a cool , violent panel or three.

---- A good, and pleasant read. As if its creation was just to see if it could become a tv show or film.

Y.A. novels of the 2010's remind of this in regards to highlighted cool concept and imagery but just too sparse to be taken seriously.

PS- did not see the Netflix series yet but will eventually.
May 13, 2021 04:22PM
Haven't read the comics, but tried the show. It's kind of boring. The acting and effects are fine, the story just doesn't move very well for a superhero series.
May 17, 2021 08:45PM
From reading the wiki material on the show it's a hard pass for me, clearly not super-HERO and instead super-conflict and angst.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.