Precognition of Hero Types

Posted by MajorSteel 
Precognition of Hero Types
April 26, 2021 08:04AM
Ever generated a character, that you created, years before Marvel, DC or some other comic book company created and put into publishing? It just weird that some of the character they did, resembles one you made in the game?
Like someone looked into your mind and stole the concept?

The inevitable conclusion that someone else would create the same ideology you envision.
Just weird.
Re: Precognition of Hero Types
April 30, 2021 03:17AM
There are no new ideas under the sun. What you created years ago may have also been created in a very similar way before you by someone else, in private, and they just had no medium to make others aware of it when it was still relevant. There are only so many ideas to be had, in the broad sense, so what matters is the personal touches you add to make something your own.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
April 30, 2021 07:34AM
That the cruxs of it, isn't it?
True that only so much can be created till it crosses over with others and so forth.
If only one had the revenue to get them published before others
April 30, 2021 10:57PM
It takes more than an idea and revenue to make it a success, though.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
May 01, 2021 04:05AM
Why i said revenue, art, inker as you created the hero, or even unique villain you can pay for the skills.
Story you can really do. But it does take money.
August 06, 2021 04:47PM
It wasn't so much a character type as a premise for a setting. Background: I had had for some time a concept for a 25th century world, with Earth as the center of an interplanetary empire, in which superheroes, including human mutants, existed. (The closest comic book analogue I can offhand think of would be the world of DC s Legion of Super Heroes, at least the way it was before Crisis) Sometime in -- I think -- late 1987 or maybe early 1988, I chanced to see this movie on TV "Turkey Shoot" [www.imdb.com] . After seeing how the dystopian society portrayed in this film dealt with prison inmates (there called "deviants") I got the idea, what if one of the planets in my universe is doing this to their mutant population? Ok. So what happens? Come October 1988 and Uncanny X Men 235 comes out. And what was in that issue? The first appearance of Genosha! A country that enslaved mutants!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.