Actions per Round

Posted by Descartes Demon 
Actions per Round
October 04, 2021 12:40PM
So - exactly how many actions is a character allowed per round?

While the Player's Book is somewhat vague on the topic, I seem to remember reading somewhere a character can perform 1 Automatic action, 1 Combat action (more if Multiple Attacks are rolled) and 1 Movement action per round.

Are Free actions the same thing as Automatic actions? If not, what is the difference? Does gaining multiple attacks earn one extra Automatic actions as well?

I'm assuming that common sense (6 seconds per round and GM discretion) limits the ultimate number of Free actions.
Re: Actions per Round
October 09, 2021 10:40PM
Looking through both the Player's and Judge's Books of the Advanced Set... I didn't see any mention of "Free" actions. I guess it's up to the Judge/GM to determine if a minor action counts against the total number of actions that character can take in a round.
"Automatic" actions don't refer to the number of actions, but the difficulty. Automatic actions require no dice roll to perform, because they're so easy. If the difficulty of the action is more than 3 ranks lower than the ability you're using to perform it, the action s considered Automatic.
From what I see in the Advanced Set Player's Book, a character may perform three non-combat actions in one round or, instead of that, one combat action and one non-combat action. To perform more combat actions per round, you need higher ranks of Fighting ability, or some form of super-speed. Under these rules, you can perform up to 3 combat actions per round.
October 11, 2021 05:21PM
Maniacles
"Automatic" actions don't refer to the number of actions, but the difficulty. Automatic actions require no dice roll to perform, because they're so easy. If the difficulty of the action is more than 3 ranks lower than the ability you're using to perform it, the action s considered Automatic.

Correct answer. cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 16, 2022 04:24PM
Thrudjelmer
Maniacles

Correct answer. cool smiley

Yeppers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.