Is this site dead?

Posted by RangerMatthias 
Is this site dead?
November 09, 2021 09:36AM
Poll
Is this site dead?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
23 votes were received.
Yes. Sorry. 3

13%
No. We're all just really busy. 19

83%
Mind ya business! 1

4%

So...is this site dead?
Re: Is this site dead?
November 09, 2021 06:50PM
No
just everyone just about on FB and use this site as a resource.
November 09, 2021 11:50PM
MajorSteel
just everyone just about on FB

Meta

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 13, 2021 06:36AM
Undead.
November 30, 2021 08:01AM
Although I may not post as much as I once did years ago, I still use this site as a resource and a place that I enjoy flying by from time to time. I have CMF to thank for so many great gaming memories.

Never say die. drinking smiley

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
November 30, 2021 02:21PM
I've noticed the drop in activity as well - good to know that folks are active over on FaceBook (even though I don't use it myself). I only post here when I have a question or something worthwhile to say. Folks are usually pretty good at getting back to me with answers regardless.
December 01, 2021 04:23AM
I drop in occasionally. I don’t do Fb
December 08, 2021 09:59PM
I shall redo the posting on some of the character I've done. Seem the source don't want to keep the file so i join one of the photo groups that does and repost
December 11, 2021 07:25AM
The Man of Tomorrow
Although I may not post as much as I once did years ago, I still use this site as a resource and a place that I enjoy flying by from time to time. I have CMF to thank for so many great gaming memories.

Never say die. drinking smiley
Great resource. Never say die, indeed.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
December 20, 2021 04:17AM
G.A.W.
Undead.

Best answer.

I've pre-ordered the Marvel Multiverse RPG playtest that comes out in March / April 2022. I'm sure that's going to have this place blow up with people looking for content and conversion guides. I intend to run a playtest game of that new system online somewhere, probably rpol.net.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
December 24, 2021 09:48AM
No though most gaming sites aren't as active these days as in yester-year.
Dead sidekick
January 20, 2022 08:53AM
I would be interested in your first impressions and then later a full review of the new MarvelUniverse RPG when it does come out.

years ago this site used to have a lot more in depth discussions of superhero comics and TSR Marvel RPG pure idea's and info and opinions.

That is why I said this site although technically not dead - defiantly not what it once was, before or after Aunt Petunia had created and run it then left it.

The one good thing about this near ghost town site is at least there are almost no political flame war debates about current events.
January 27, 2022 10:24AM
I think a lot of discussion of this type got moved to Reddit and to social media groups which is why it is like you said, most of the sites like this one are limping along. Sort of like the Traveller site Citizens of the Imperium.

I can't say I mind it much though. The conversation can be really hostile when there are many people involved and the large site generate a surprisingly conformist environment and they tend to be bit unforgiving since being a moderator there is a nightmare. I think the RPG Reddit is pretty rough. They're not a huge fan of older games it seems and they're really into really lite/story games. I got a permanent strike against me for posting a link to this site on there when someone asked about Marvel FASERIP that was the last post I made there. Which, I was in violation of their rules, but I didn't like how that was my one warning ever and it would never go away.
January 28, 2022 08:58AM
Username
I got a permanent strike against me for posting a link to this site on there when someone asked about Marvel FASERIP that was the last post I made there. Which, I was in violation of their rules, but I didn't like how that was my one warning ever and it would never go away.

Dumb rules are dumb.

2 feet in the ground
October 26, 2023 02:20AM
The site has feeble ( 2 ) endurance now a days ....

when this site reaches shift-0 endurance ... Who will be around to notice???
October 26, 2023 05:18PM
It has been quiet lately.
February 01, 2024 02:33PM
I still lurk from time to time, post here and there but not much
February 01, 2024 02:44PM
A lot different from the old days.
March 03, 2024 12:45PM
This site is still needed, though not as busy as it was.
March 03, 2024 02:45PM
I agree, it is still needed but...

.....so was Albert Einstein and he's dead.
March 06, 2024 01:34AM
Ditto. Still needed. I stop in every now and again. My life would be demonised (in a small way) if this site died sad smiley
March 06, 2024 02:32AM
I recall a "Book", I think it was on this forum - a collection of a lot of heroes, not just Marvel, but like Indiana Jones, Kirk, Luke Skywalker, Terminator, etc. I think it even had a lot of dinosaurs.

Anybody remember that...or am I just crazy?
March 07, 2024 01:57PM
They are still here, most likely in the archives
March 07, 2024 02:47PM
RangerMatthias
I recall a "Book", I think it was on this forum - a collection of a lot of heroes, not just Marvel, but like Indiana Jones, Kirk, Luke Skywalker, Terminator, etc. I think it even had a lot of dinosaurs.

Anybody remember that...or am I just crazy?

Nope - not crazy. You can find it here: Resources/Netbooks and Enhancements. Look for the Omniverse Handbook. One of the best "unofficial" works on this site.
March 10, 2024 05:44AM
THANK YOU!!!
March 10, 2024 08:36PM
I know for my part, I've been working on finalizing my Marvel Super Hero - Expanded (MSH-X) edition. I've posted before where I've tweaked a few rules, but now I've taken those rule tweaks and have written a full Players Handbook that combines the Advanced Rules, my tweaks, and the Ultimate Powers Book. I'm not done, but I'm getting to milestone of completing the written text. Next will be to add illustrations and then tweak the charts and illustrations for good view-ability as well as legibility.

I'm also creating a GHotMU book (I'm calling it the Gamers Handbook of the Expanded Comic Omniverse, or GHotXCO) that will be very sizable. Every major and minor Marvel, DC, G.I. Joe, Transformer, City of Heroes, and other characters, with MSH-X stats, in one character reference guide. I've got about 400 entries and I figure I'm about 33% done. Here is a sample, Nova's enemy, Diamondhead.
Attachments:
open | download - MSH-X_(FASECRIP)_WIP.pdf (466.1 KB)
open | download - GHotXCO - Diamondhead.pdf (112.7 KB)
March 20, 2024 05:11AM
@davidrpaige - That sounds awesome! Can wait to see it completed! As to the question about this site being dead? What I know is that... Legends never die. As others have stated Social Media is the current stomping grounds for most things related to Faserip, but I always find myself back here lurking in the dark corners of this part of the universe. I did not post often, but always visited the forums and downloaded a treasure trove of Marvelous goodies, for which I am forever grateful for. Those were the best of times to never be forgotten. The world we live in is ever changing, ever growing, just like us. It's glory days may be over, But this Site will always be a part of us, as long as we remember.
April 27, 2024 12:08PM
Please remember The Shadow in that expansion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.