Recovery Power is... what exactly?

Posted by BWS2K 
Recovery Power is... what exactly?
February 09, 2022 09:29AM
"The hero with this Power recovers from losses of Endurance ranks at a rate of 1 rank per day, and makes a Power rank FEAT to regain the lost rank."

Now I understand this isn't Regeneration, but I'm trying to figure out when it applies - is this like when a character dies? Instead of pushing up daisies, their mortal coil slowly returns to life? I'm looking at page 32 in the Advanced Players' Book, first paragraph and trying to parse it out - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-BW
Re: Recovery Power is... what exactly?
February 10, 2022 03:37PM
Characters can lose Endurance ranks after serious injuries, or even when reduced to 0 HP or lower. This power allows them to recover from those injures (ie losses of endurance ranks) faster than normal.

Normal rate of recovery is 1 rank per week, or 1 per day if in medical care (think intensive care) (Advanced Players Book, pg 32, Impaired Abilities)

This power basically means the character recovers as if he or she was in intensive care, regardless of the activity level.

February 25, 2022 02:06PM
Ah, roger roger - thank you!

The last bit about a FEAT then... is that saying a successful Power FEAT will fully recover to the original rank?
February 26, 2022 07:45PM
I believe it means you have to roll whenever you use the Recovery power to regain a lost Endurance rank, and if successful you still only regain 1 rank of Endurance per day; if you fail the roll, no regained Endurance. It does not replenish your Endurance all the way to its maximum rating.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 26
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.